Salford FC move to AJB is OFF

4 minutes ago, Charlie said:

Salford are looking like staying at the Aj bell for a long time so your just gonna have to suck it up 

They are financially not viable so how are they going to exist? 

I watched London Irish in front of 13,000 at a plush new stadium just months before woosh.....it was gone forever .....and literally no trace or chance of a revival 

Hope I'm wrong but Salford are going to be our codes first big casualty  

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Charlie said:

Not sure what makes you think they’d get any money from more lane either, that deal relied on Salford football moving out which there not doing 

Salford FC offered the stadium for Salford RD to own 

SRD could be looking at owning a sustainable future to build from (probably would have been Champ for 2025)....they now likely won't exist in 2025 

A bit of financial gambling I could even live with if it had meant some Bull Mania style big crowds and a buzz for some years....but no they continued to play in front of half the SL average crowd for years while doing it 

14 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Salford FC offered the stadium for Salford RD to own 

SRD could be looking at owning a sustainable future to build from (probably would have been Champ for 2025)....they now likely won't exist in 2025 

A bit of financial gambling I could even live with if it had meant some Bull Mania style big crowds and a buzz for some years....but no they continued to play in front of half the SL average crowd for years while doing it 

That was on the bases of them moving out which isn’t happening now. Salford best future is at the Aj bell weather you like it or not. The big push is for them to attract new fans the catchment area is massive 

10 minutes ago, Charlie said:

That was on the bases of them moving out which isn’t happening now. Salford best future is at the Aj bell weather you like it or not. The big push is for them to attract new fans the catchment area is massive 

It would be great if they can push the crowds up. Hopefully there is a strategy

If the SL has a big year with all the IMG push then maybe that will have an effect too

2 hours ago, Charlie said:

That was on the bases of them moving out which isn’t happening now. Salford best future is at the Aj bell whether you like it or not. The big push is for them to attract new fans the catchment area is massive 

I worry that the player losses will have set that aim back a fair bit. You have to do what you have to do to survive but when the promise was that players wouldn’t be shipped out and then 3 or 4 of the best ones are moved on, I can’t see many floating voters hanging around, so then it does need to be a push for brand new supporters and it’s an easier sell when you’re watching a winning side. I don’t think this season will be a disaster on the field for Salford but my the same token, I don’t think it’ll be as positive as the last 3 or 4 years.

It’s such a shame that there wasn’t an investor around like the new Wakey owner, Beaumont, the HKR guys etc to hold it altogether and then build on the momentum that was building. I was at the Wigan game when they did the armed forces celebration day (and nearly polished me off by firing a cannon without pre warning..ha ha) and it felt like things were well on the up. I just hope that isn’t all lost. 

• Like 1

• Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The news that the club could secure a 12 month rent free period as part of the deal could send one or two of this forum's more excitable contributors into meltdown.

It's important that we, as the RL community, are ready for them should it happen.

I know I am..

spacer.png

Edited by Hammerless Nail
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Hammerless Nail said:

The news that the club could secure a 12 month rent free period as part of the deal could send one or two of this forum's more excitable contributors into meltdown.

It's important that we, as the RL community, are ready for them should it happen.

I know I am..

spacer.png

You could half the rent, double the rent, or do away with the rent.

The net result is the same. SRD don't pay their rent.

Salford tax payers will be delighted that the council is taking on a £40m debt, just because the Leader has a SRD fetish.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dboy said:

Salford tax payers will be delighted that the council is taking on a £40m debt, just because the Leader has a SRD fetish.

At least it's not spent on some ridiculous global warming project..

spacer.png

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, dboy said:

As a Salford tax payer I’m fine with it pal 

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Charlie said:

As a Salford tax payer I’m fine with it pal 

Let's assume all 700 SRD season ticket holders are also happy with it.

That just leaves the other 257, 300 to check with.

Pal.

• Like 3

On 13/02/2024 at 17:30, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

And by the way I also hate the way Broncos has done it too..  we don't deserve some of the good will we get 

Clubs like KR are the ones to admire 

I admire HKR but for different reasons, thoroughly enjoyed trip there last year. Outstanding.
Salford done well to still be here- surely we all want that? Certainly contributed well on the pitch. 

Stadium will be a community asset - no sporting clubs outside football can afford to build a £40m stadium. Saved from football for the benefit of Salford - who can moan at that. Salford city have a stadium that will be used all year round. 

As for neglect off the pitch - their foundation is outstanding. They run reserves, ladies team, wheel chair team and a college team.  Oh not forgetting the ‘Welsh thing’. Pretty good, but then it will never be enough for some….

Edited by Pie tries
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, dboy said:

Let's assume all 700 SRD season ticket holders are also happy with it.

That just leaves the other 257, 300 to check with.

Pal.

Including a number of Swinton fans, who's club doesn't seem to have had the same support from the Council.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, dboy said:

I see the Blues Brothers (pinched this from the Salford Forum where they reside) Messrs dboy & Bedfordshire Broncos on here - who continually deride any efforts from this Community owned club (should be the desire of any SL club without the Bankrolling of such as Davy, Hughes, Beaumont etc).   Give it a rest you two.

• Like 4

It's community owned in name only - unless you all received registered share certificates? No.

However you think you are structured, in what world does it give you the right to not pay your bills and to keep sponging off the tax payers of the City; to keep taking on debt and to keep failing to re-pay it and to instead pay for top level players whom you can't otherwise afford?

Your club is a sham.

I do hope you get it sorted though (that's the point that you can't see, because you just can't tell the difference between criticism of your club and what you interpret as bad-will towards your club).

28 minutes ago, dboy said:

It's community owned in name only - unless you all received registered share certificates? No.

However you think you are structured, in what world does it give you the right to not pay your bills and to keep sponging off the tax payers of the City; to keep taking on debt and to keep failing to re-pay it and to instead pay for top level players whom you can't otherwise afford?

Your club is a sham.

I do hope you get it sorted though (that's the point that you can't see, because you just can't tell the difference between criticism of your club and what you interpret as bad-will towards your club).

It's amazing the amount of scrutiny and abuse you give to clubs like Salford and Castleford. Very obviously clubs that you see as competitors to your own for a SL place.

It's just a pity you never gave your own club such scrutiny over the years and spat your dummy out whenever Wakefield was criticised. You also choose to to completely ignore the good fortune your own club has had and the benevolent council support, and where Wakefield would be without it, and now cast judgement on others.

Edited by Damien
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, dboy said:

Your club is a sham.

That's not a criticism. Its merely an illustration of your negativity and far outweighs any feigned hope that "it gets sorted"  The bad will is evidenced by the focus on this particular club. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Damien said:

It's amazing the amount of scrutiny and abuse you give to clubs like Salford and Castleford. Very obviously clubs that you see as competitors to your own for a SL place.

It's just a pity you never gave your own club such scrutiny over the years and spat your dummy out whenever Wakefield was criticised. You also choose to to completely ignore the good fortune your own club has had and the benevolent council support, and where Wakefield would be without it, and now cast judgement on others.

Hardly.

I'm not critical of Cas.

I'm well aware of the barriers faced and overcome by my club.

It's odd that you reference a benevolent council - they weren't benevolent until a certain council leader left - and their subsequent "benevolence" amounts to £2m (also offered to Cas and Fev), and the expectation that they will now act as they should have done over the previous 20 years.

Nothing changes that fact that SRD are a sham club.

I DO hope that they can turn it around and build a sustainable business model. I hope ALL clubs are run like that.

1 minute ago, dboy said:

Hardly.

I'm not critical of Cas.

I'm well aware of the barriers faced and overcome by my club.

It's odd that you reference a benevolent council - they weren't benevolent until a certain council leader left - and their subsequent "benevolence" amounts to £2m (also offered to Cas and Fev), and the expectation that they will now act as they should have done over the previous 20 years.

Nothing changes that fact that SRD are a sham club.

I DO hope that they can turn it around and build a sustainable business model. I hope ALL clubs are run like that.

Ah, case in point when your own club gets mentioned.

Your posts suggest the complete opposite about other clubs. You are Mr negativity when it comes to them and frankly it is boring now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damien said:

Ah, case in point when your own club gets mentioned.

Your posts suggest the complete opposite about other clubs. You are Mr negativity when it comes to them and frankly it is boring now.

I've been highly critical of what my club has and hasn't done.

Of course I'm negative about SRDs business model - there is nothing to be positive about.

If you're bored with this, I assume you'll stop trying to defend the indefensible.

1 minute ago, dboy said:

I've been highly critical of what my club has and hasn't done.

Of course I'm negative about SRDs business model - there is nothing to be positive about.

If you're bored with this, I assume you'll stop trying to defend the indefensible.

I've not defended them and have been critical of them.