haven home on sun

georgeb1

6 minutes ago, coolie said:

Well done Whitehaven 😜

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Ey up, Coolie been allowed out of Wacky Warehouse. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

My first match this season due to illness, think I should stay away, probably would if it had been my first ever. Haven deserved the win because of their sheer efforts, but they were playing against a " team " who looked like they'd never met before. The half backs never clicked for most of the match and the pack huffed and puffed with only one or two looking anything like. And the Knights coach was far from blameless during this debacle, at times rivalling the ref with some baffling decisions. 

Throughout the match I was trying to weigh up who was worse, our misfiring team or the brass band who kept striking up while the game was in progress. Our " team " definitely shaded it today. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wiggyroad said:

Some bad coaching decisions today.I hope everyone learns a lesson from today

Does that involve him not getting the message on to kick the penalty and draw the game ?. 

• Like 2

Congratulations to haven a decent side who I feel will comfortably stay in the championship , we saved our worst performance of the season for today , whatever we tried didn't come off and yes some very dubious reffing but heyho its a loss and out of the way , as said by someone with more knowledge than me you don't become a bad side overnight.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Simon Hall said:

Ey up, Coolie been allowed out of Wacky Warehouse. 

Better than the bargain basement where you lot are heading🤣🤣

Just on the bus home just passing Lancaster, bag full of points and a good day out. 

Apparently you shouldn't be losing to teams like Whitehaven 🤔

Your result was the cherry on our successful day out 😜😜

18 minutes ago, coolie said:

Better than the bargain basement where you lot are heading🤣🤣

Just on the bus home just passing Lancaster, bag full of points and a good day out. 

Apparently you shouldn't be losing to teams like Whitehaven 🤔

Your result was the cherry on our successful day out 😜😜

It was odds on that I'd find you on here tonight Coolie.😯

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

It was odds on that I'd find you on here tonight Coolie.😯

You know me too well mate 

Don't like to miss an opportunity to tickle the bellies of the York massive

And I just don't mean just the fatties

🤔🤣🤣🤣

York will bounce back

Sheffield in the cup is the only time ever I'll want York to win and I'll be cheering them on🤔

Tough game for York🤔

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, coolie said:

You know me too well mate 

Don't like to miss an opportunity to tickle the bellies of the York massive

And I just don't mean just the fatties

🤔🤣🤣🤣

York will bounce back

Sheffield in the cup is the only time ever I'll want York to win and I'll be cheering them on🤔

Tough game for York🤔

There all tough games against Championship teams Coolie, as you found out last season.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The most excitement I had today was when I got one of those wooden stirrers from the catering stuck under my nail, blooming hurts does that! 

Things just seemed lethargic today - the players strangely didn’t seem up for it, the stewards didn’t seem up for it (top tip: when all 3 turnstiles are blocked with fans clearly needing assistance, maybe approach and ask the problem and help where needed). The officials were all over the place and might as well have come out of the bar.

The band doesn’t work playing during the match, and I’m a huge music lover. And please can we leave music over the PA to half time. I’m not sure we need Fat Les/Vindaloo being played while a player is down injured. 

The only group who seemed up for it today was the 1-17 from Whitehaven. 

• Like 6

Dire performance and Whitehaven deserved it. Ata should have gone off at h/t. as he was pretty much a passenger in the second half.  Why is Bailey spelled when he’s probably the fittest player at the club? I know he’s versatile, but is prop really his best position?  I know starting positions probably don’t matter that much, but surely Thompson starts at 13 every time. I know everyone’s allowed an off- day, but pretty much all of them managed that today.  Let’s hope we can put it behind us quickly.

And stop playing “music” every time there’s a millisecond pause in play. And TURN IT DOWN. When I’ve got to SHOUT to speak to someone sitting next to me before k/o it’s too loud. It’s an RL game not a nightclub. 

Rant over….

• Like 8

11 hours ago, spanishknight said:

There all tough games against Championship teams Coolie, as you found out last season.

Yesterday's game was a classic example of championship rugby🤔

You don't turn up.. Play your A Game

You'll get turned over, there's no Gimmie games in the championship and everybody is fighting for their lives. 

Fancy Sheffield to be the new Batley in the top 6,Toulouse not the killing machine they have been over the last few seasons, Featherstone were rubbish against fax, Bradford building.. But only with loan players, Halifax hit and miss, York get their act together top 6 is not unachievable, and with Batley demise of been a top 6 team... Will leave an opening 🤔

Just depends how hungry York are for the 6🤔

• Like 1

I know clint and the club are really trying to improve the match day experience, but judging by opinions on here let's ditch the random music during the game but perhaps let the band play before the game and at halftime ?

• Like 5

13 hours ago, AB Knight said:

The most excitement I had today was when I got one of those wooden stirrers from the catering stuck under my nail, blooming hurts does that! 

Things just seemed lethargic today - the players strangely didn’t seem up for it, the stewards didn’t seem up for it (top tip: when all 3 turnstiles are blocked with fans clearly needing assistance, maybe approach and ask the problem and help where needed). The officials were all over the place and might as well have come out of the bar.

The band doesn’t work playing during the match, and I’m a huge music lover. And please can we leave music over the PA to half time. I’m not sure we need Fat Les/Vindaloo being played while a player is down injured. 

The only group who seemed up for it today was the 1-17 from Whitehaven. 

Perhaps Haven didn’t allow you to play your usual game hence the result. A bit of disrespect saying we only beat you because you were poor. On the day we were the better team on the park as you allude to saying we deserved the win. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Marrafan said:

Perhaps Haven didn’t allow you to play your usual game hence the result. A bit of disrespect saying we only beat you because you were poor. On the day we were the better team on the park as you allude to saying we deserved the win. 

You did only beat us cos we were poor. Not one York player played anywhere close to how they have so far this season, we were absolute toss. Had we played like we did against Bradford, Barrow & Swinton we'd have won comfortably, but maybe the players themselves had that attitude and was why we played so badly?

You did deserve the win though, so well done.

• Like 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

37 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

You did only beat us cos we were poor. Not one York player played anywhere close to how they have so far this season, we were absolute toss. Had we played like we did against Bradford, Barrow & Swinton we'd have won comfortably, but maybe the players themselves had that attitude and was why we played so badly?

You did deserve the win though, so well done.

So we were the better of two poor teams? I could say we only beat you because we had players missing and couldn’t field a full strength team.  You only play as well as other teams allow you to play. 

1 hour ago, Marrafan said:

Nowhere did I say Whitehaven only won because York were poor. In fact I didn’t even say York were poor, I said they were lethargic, didn’t seem up for it and the only people who did seem up for it were the Whitehaven players.

Please also see my earlier comment straight after the game: ‘Whitehaven fully deserved that.’

For the record Whitehaven were better all round. Kicked better, set themselves up better (why did we have a winger as centre), managed their players better (if a player is limping get him off). They supported breaks better (why whenever we make a break is it the likes of Jordan Thompson in support), defended better, ran better lines and had we snatched it at the end we wouldn’t have deserved it. 

• Like 2

Carried on from the poor second half performance from last week and collective the coaching staff,players and the team performance was awful today and why if we have 4 props in the 17 are we starting with Bailey at prop who's best position is in the second row where he gives us energy and more attacking options with his carries and pace .This was a totally unacceptable performance today and instead of looking forward to next weeks game against Featherstone we are going to have to put a lot of things right in training and hopefully turn up with a belief that we can compete against Featherstone.

• Like 2