Midlands Hurricanes

Peter Winthorpe

Game we are capable of winning , but they are no mugs and can score a few points , could be a high scoring game .......hopefully in our favour .With a bit of luck the linesmen might remember to put their contact lenses in this week .

Once again we are the poor relations with no radio commentary on Radio Cumbria. Barrow and Haven matches are both being covered but no Town. 

• Like 1

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

35 minutes ago, Keith T said:

Once again we are the poor relations with no radio commentary on Radio Cumbria. Barrow and Haven matches are both being covered but no Town. 

I don't get why they don't cover the away fixtures regardless of the team as that is more likely to draw listeners than the home games. Is it just because its cheaper and easier to cover home games?

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

23 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

I don't get why they don't cover the away fixtures regardless of the team as that is more likely to draw listeners than the home games. Is it just because its cheaper and easier to cover home games?

You would expect they could take local coverage which would make it no more expensive….but I know nothing about the technical side of doing this.

1 hour ago, The Voodooguru said:

Isn't that how it used to be, whichever team was away had live coverage?

Though Radio Cumbria has always treat us poorly so no surprise this. No doubt it will reverse when we're home and one if those 2 are away.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, dkw said:

Isn't that how it used to be, whichever team was away had live coverage?

Though Radio Cumbria has always treat us poorly so no surprise this. No doubt it will reverse when we're home and one if those 2 are away.

Bring back John Walsh!!!!!!

• Like 2

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

It’s happening again where we set off well and then either go to sleep or the other team wakens up.  Come on Town raise the bar again. 

• Like 2

I think looking at the Twitter feed of the hurricanes it’s become an indisciplined game and Town are down to 12 with Hurst in the bin. Just need to go back to what they did in the first 10, no way should you give up and 18 point advantage. 

• Like 1