AUSTRALIA 4 NATIONS

13 hours ago, Jparrish said:

Yeah surely there's a way we can cram ourselves in. It's a shame we need to pester them for an invite like geeks trying to get invited to a cool house party but that's where we are at. 

Invite Fiji also, (ran NZ very close in WC QF)

Group A all games in Aus NSW:

Australia, Fiji , England 

Group B all games in NZ:

New Zealand, Tonga , Samoa 

Two Group winners playoff in final in Brisbane. 

Seems a lot of teams that all need to have flights, hotels, expenses and win bonuses paid.... cant see the NRL doing that - they will be too busy planning some pre season NRL friends that that love so much.

6 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Seems a lot of teams that all need to have flights, hotels, expenses and win bonuses paid.... cant see the NRL doing that - they will be too busy planning some pre season NRL friends that that love so much.

No, they are giving the international game four weeks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if Scotland, Ireland and Wales could benefit from England not playing the SH teams. 
If the carrot of playing in big tournaments outside of WCs isn’t there for England anymore could players like Knowles be enticed to play for their heritage nation in the end of season Euros. I’m sure there are others that are eligible for more than just England. That’s all that has changed in the SH with Tonga and Samoa.
If Ireland, Wales, Scotland and France became competitive then it could have a positive impact on NH international RL

3 hours ago, JM2010 said:

I wonder if Scotland, Ireland and Wales could benefit from England not playing the SH teams. 
If the carrot of playing in big tournaments outside of WCs isn’t there for England anymore could players like Knowles be enticed to play for their heritage nation in the end of season Euros. I’m sure there are others that are eligible for more than just England. That’s all that has changed in the SH with Tonga and Samoa.
If Ireland, Wales, Scotland and France became competitive then it could have a positive impact on NH international RL

Thing is australia, samoa, tonga, new zealand, fiji, Png and Gt britain are a good an international competition as anything union has to offer

18 minutes ago, The storm said:

Thing is australia, samoa, tonga, new zealand, fiji, Png and Gt britain are a good an international competition as anything union has to offer

I agree. I’d love to see an 8 team competition between WCs but my point is that’s not happening and the SH Nations seem to be going it alone so could some players be tempted to switch to Wales, Scotland and Ireland. There was an incentive to play for England because they were potentially playing in test series and 4/6 N but that incentive seems to be gone. 
A stronger Wales, Ireland and Scotland plus France and England could build up to becoming a decent competition which could entice players to play for the other home nations 

On 22/04/2023 at 20:44, The storm said:

Except only 3 of those have a developed large economy, and even in 1 of those the sport is a small player.

Its not just about quality of the sport it's about audience; and even then it is the size of that audience and the economic level of that audience.  

Union has 9 teams, spread across 4 continents, who regularly compete at international level and come from the G20. Add in NZ and Japan and you increase that further to 11 - and that is before you get to their Pacific island nations.

• Like 1

On 08/04/2023 at 14:52, Mathius Hellwege said:

but they do not want us

they cannot be clearer...they made four weeks available and want to play a 4N with only SH countries....

Why would they want you though?

Your players have shown they are incapable of fronting up for even 1 Test match, never mind a complete 4N tournament.

Laughable. 

Screenshot_20230425-044445_Chrome~2.jpg

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Madrileño said:

Your players have shown they are incapable of fronting up for even 1 Test match, never mind a complete 4N tournament.

Laughable. 

GB/England have literally been involved in every single four nations/tri nations so evidence suggests that your above statement is incorrect.

To say they can’t ‘front up’ or compete’ is laughable!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Madrileño said:

Laughable. 

You seem like a fun guy to be around 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Madrileño said:

Laughable. 

why are you so aggressive?

you semm to be looking for very loosely connected facets to say negative things

there are good books to learn why this is wrong from Simon Sinek, Stephen Covey and many more

2 hours ago, JM2010 said:

If everyone put him on ignore then he’d probably just eventually go away

Yes! Then you could sit in an echo chamber, surrounded by like-minded sheep congratulating yourselves while the game in england continues to shrink....

7 hours ago, Madrileño said:

Oh yes... sorry - my bad.

Instead of Castleford and Hull, I should have said a tour of St Helens and Huddersfield!! 😆

Yep 2 very good modern stadiums mate - better than playing NZ in a hole like Dunedin🤣🤣

I'm surprised your having a go at UK RL towns - not like you at all🤣. Whats the reason for all this UK hate- did a girl from Wakefield or somewhere dump you years ago?

2 hours ago, Madrileño said:

Yes! Then you could sit in an echo chamber, surrounded by like-minded sheep congratulating yourselves while the game in england continues to shrink....

Just a troll by this point. It’s not even a good act, definitely need to work on it. 

• Haha 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

30 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Just a troll by this point. It’s not even a good act, definitely need to work on it. 

The response of a typical ENTITLED English fan.

I wanted Tonga to play in the 4N against my country at Mt Smart. I have no problem admitting that. 

I personally think the competition would be better for having them in it. I also think it would be better for the profile of the Tonga team than a tour of some towns like St Helens or Huddersfield. 

That's my opinion as a Kiwis fan. I was simply stating my own personal opinion. 

Why can England fans not simply accept the opinion of others? Why join an Internet forum if all you want to hear about is 7 pages of "should Lancashire play Yorkshire?" 

Edited by Madrileño

12 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

His only purpose is to demean, belittle and disparage Rugby League on this forum, it's a shame the Admins don't respond to this pollution. Of course, it's a relatively new name as his previous identities on here got sussed. He uses any and every opportunity to disparage and denigrate our clubs, communities and supporters. Exactly why he is obsessed with deriding this sport is a mystery but creeping on here at every opportunity to put the boot in should be sanctioned.