Batley v Featherstone Good Friday

bromleybulldog

You comment that people are always having a go, but you really don't help yourself.

You've taken a sarcastic comment entirely the wrong way and had yet another long, blown out rant about it. You're arguing with nobody, because nobody actually made the point you're arguing against, so the 'discussion' is entirely one sided. You crack on, keep screaming into the void if it makes you happy. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Fev got away with one today I think most fans would say that but for our first half mistakes which lead to 3 tries, and the one mistake in the second half which cost a try and was the only time they got anywhere near our line, it could have been a different result for us, that said couldn't fault the second half from our boys and fev couldn't deal with us! We certainly had longy and prycy(shitting) themselves on the touch line! Another 10 mins and it would have been interesting! As for the ref today very poor fev should have brought there duvets with them he allowed there players to lay on so long I thought some of them had fallen asleep, 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, The scrim reaper said:

Fev got away with one today I think most fans would say that but for our first half mistakes which lead to 3 tries, and the one mistake in the second half which cost a try and was the only time they got anywhere near our line, it could have been a different result for us, that said couldn't fault the second half from our boys and fev couldn't deal with us! We certainly had longy and prycy(shitting) themselves on the touch line! Another 10 mins and it would have been interesting! As for the ref today very poor fev should have brought there duvets with them he allowed there players to lay on so long I thought some of them had fallen asleep, 

Clutching at straws a bit saying they got away with it. They dominated first half and we were fortunate to only be 3 scores down.  We had the better of the second half and the break away try against the run of play pretty much sealed the game.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The scrim reaper said:

From a Fev perspective, Batley played really well, especially in the second half, I was a very nervous Capper for most of that second half.  Having said that, I thought nearly every 50/50 refereeing decision went to the homeside.  Besides that had a great day out round Batley then watched an entertaining game in the sunshine and came away with 2 points with a patched up team.

Edited by Normy_Rover
beer has been drunk
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, The scrim reaper said:

Have a rest mate. Didn't work on Fev site, now here. Great game Batley! Will be good game on the return fixture. Love going to the mount!

• Like 4

Totally agree with the last three posts, the only thing I will say is  I'm disappointed with that section of Featherstone fans or supporters that where chanting at Brown as he was going to the medical room for that Claret dealing with, there was no call for saying "You fat bast**d" , no call at all respect an injured player. 

28 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Totally agree with the last three posts, the only thing I will say is  I'm disappointed with that section of Featherstone fans or supporters that where chanting at Brown as he was going to the medical room for that Claret dealing with, there was no call for saying "You fat bast**d" , no call at all respect an injured player. 

Despite that ( no need for it imo) another great away day at The Mount, Cornbeef Ash spot on,great atmosphere and fans mingling. Poor programme ( but better then our's -- err!) but bought it to help out the Community gang. We won't agree on the game so thanks again Batley for a great pre match set up.

Edited by Fevrover
  • Like 1

Credit to the lads today, always in a game against an unbeaten side, who just had that extra pace, power and guile near our line. Frustrating first half where 3 mistakes led to 3 tries in the next set. And after HT if Jimmy & Browny had gone left we had men over against loads of offside defenders. Instead we concede 6 points! Ifs and buts, but sometimes we're a fantastic side to support.

Architects of our own downfall in that first half and our mistakes lead to most of the Fev scores. I would say I haven't seen a team lay-on in the tackle in the second half like Fev did since Rochdale was last present in our division. For a team with SL aspirations, I was embarrassed for them and a decent ref would have binned a Fev player 20 mins sooner than he did!

• Like 3

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

The first half mistakes where costly for us but for me the browny mistake in the second half which led to the try, God knows what he was thinking! Was a big one! We could have taken penalties, instead of  having to go for tries, and possible snatched another 20-20 draw or better, that said the second half from our boys was outstanding! 

48 minutes ago, The scrim reaper said:

The first half mistakes where costly for us but for me the browny mistake in the second half which led to the try, God knows what he was thinking! Was a big one! We could have taken penalties, instead of  having to go for tries, and possible snatched another 20-20 draw or better, that said the second half from our boys was outstanding! 

You can never tell, but given our dominance in the second half it's likely that we would have won but for that silly moment.

I also agree with PMs comment that the laying on in that last twenty minutes was the worst that I had seen in many a game.

In the first half I was impressed by how ruthless Featherstone were when we gifted them opportunities.  Their nos 9 and 7 ran the show for the first 30 minutes.

Thanks to both teams for an entertaining afternoon.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Architects of our own downfall in that first half and our mistakes lead to most of the Fev scores. I would say I haven't seen a team lay-on in the tackle in the second half like Fev did since Rochdale was last present in our division. For a team with SL aspirations, I was embarrassed for them and a decent ref would have binned a Fev player 20 mins sooner than he did!

Another one who didn't notice Batley were holding our players in the tackle so we couldn't get off. Fev no Angels but neither were Batley, ref was shocking, but another excellent away day at Batley pre match.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bill H said:

You can never tell, but given our dominance in the second half it's likely that we would have won but for that silly moment.

I also agree with PMs comment that the laying on in that last twenty minutes was the worst that I had seen in many a game.

In the first half I was impressed by how ruthless Featherstone were when we gifted them opportunities.  Their nos 9 and 7 ran the show for the first 30 minutes.

Thanks to both teams for an entertaining afternoon.  

I think their try uphill coupled with the one Briscoe scored from the dropped kick made the difference. 

As for the lying on, annoying as it was, l always think that the six again rule allows for this, especially if you have trust in your own defence. 

I also think 2 points come out of this. 1. We would have done it given the chance and 2. It was credit to the pressure we were putting on them that they had to do that.

Edited by distantdog

3 hours ago, distantdog said:

I think their try uphill coupled with the one Briscoe scored from the dropped kick made the difference. 

As for the lying on, annoying as it was, l always think that the six again rule allows for this, especially if you have trust in your own defence. 

I also think 2 points come out of this. 1. We would have done it given the chance and 2. It was credit to the pressure we were putting on them that they had to do that.

Batley did it as well lol, anyway another good game and away day at Batley, best away bar none,but Barrow close.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Batley did it as well lol, anyway another good game and away day at Batley, best away bar none,but Barrow close.

I am talking about the last 15 minutes when Fev were constantly called for six again - I think that was a defensive tactic and the period that my two points referred to. One thing I did notice about Fev was the very different style of play compared to last season. They were much more expansive and interesting to watch. Just shows what difference a coach can make.

Edited by distantdog
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, distantdog said:

I am talking about the last 15 minutes when Fev were constantly called for six again - I think that was a defensive tactic and the period that my two points referred to. One thing I did notice about Fev was the very different style of play compared to last season. They were much more expansive and interesting to watch. Just shows what difference a coach can make.

Yeah Batley didn't beat us in semi final Mcdermot DID, only joking but he certainly didn't 😣 help.

we played well but couldn’t complete in the first half but did better in the second half - fev are our bogey team at home still haven’t beat them in the League at home (cup & play offs) we have before since August 2003 

let’s build on the performance and kick on 

1 minute ago, distantdog said:

Yesterday. 

An interesting take, as I'd say the opposite has been true of late. The last couple of games we (Fev) have stripped things right back and played an extreme version of one-out rugby as a result of our three previous games, where we had some hideous completion rates, turning the ball over at least 8 times in one half three games in a row.

The whole game plan at the moment is to go set-for-set and win the arm wrestle. It's a sound option for now given our recent tendency to turn the ball over (which we repeated yesterday), and also the fact that we have both Ford and his replacement half back Lacans out injured, because we have the ability to outgain most teams in the division in terms of yardage. However we didn't manage to do that in the second half yesterday for a variety of reasons, and ended up with less than half the plays that Batley had in that second half, which is exactly the opposite of what the very conservative game plan is trying to achieve!

It was a typical game at the Mount in terms of the downhill team being dominant in each half, but even so I think both coaches will be very disappointed with how their respective team managed the uphill half of the game.

18 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

An interesting take, as I'd say the opposite has been true of late. The last couple of games we (Fev) have stripped things right back and played an extreme version of one-out rugby as a result of our three previous games, where we had some hideous completion rates, turning the ball over at least 8 times in one half three games in a row.

The whole game plan at the moment is to go set-for-set and win the arm wrestle. It's a sound option for now given our recent tendency to turn the ball over (which we repeated yesterday), and also the fact that we have both Ford and his replacement half back Lacans out injured, because we have the ability to outgain most teams in the division in terms of yardage. However we didn't manage to do that in the second half yesterday for a variety of reasons, and ended up with less than half the plays that Batley had in that second half, which is exactly the opposite of what the very conservative game plan is trying to achieve!

It was a typical game at the Mount in terms of the downhill team being dominant in each half, but even so I think both coaches will be very disappointed with how their respective team managed the uphill half of the game.

I haven't seen you other than yesterday, and I enjoyed the style of play. Compared to the three games last season where we didn't lose, I thought it was much more open. If anything, we were the most conservative. Still, as I have posted elsewhere, I enjoyed the game not the result.

• Like 3