Attendance thread

2 hours ago, Damien said:

Wigan already sell out their initial allocation for the Leigh game in a couple of weeks :

Second allocation gone, South stand sold out.

• Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

11 minutes ago, Padge said:

Second allocation gone, South stand sold out.

3rd allocation of East Stand tickets available at Wigan for Leigh game.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

This shows you how my mind works. When I read your post my first thought was not modern, battery operated torch, it was flaming torch as in angry mob with torches and pitchforks! 😜

Nah that'll be Featherstone fans!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, The Masked Poster said:

Surely everyone has smartphones these days? Can’t they just all put their lights on that? Several thousand phone lights would probably do the trick.

Indeed, as happened in the original game but that wouldn't sound as good as my original quip 🙂

Edited by daz39

Rovers have now sold out their second allocation of tickets for Wakefield a week on Friday. I've no idea why we didn't just get all the tickets we could in the first place, after the amount we took to Huddersfield (and what a noise..!) I really wouldn't be surprised if there's more Rovers fans at Wakey next week than home fans.

It's our 2nd closest away game (still over an hour...), so expect a big following. What's Trinity's best attendance of the season so far?

• Like 3

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

52 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Rovers have now sold out their second allocation of tickets for Wakefield a week on Friday. I've no idea why we didn't just get all the tickets we could in the first place, after the amount we took to Huddersfield (and what a noise..!) I really wouldn't be surprised if there's more Rovers fans at Wakey next week than home fans.

It's our 2nd closest away game (still over an hour...), so expect a big following. What's Trinity's best attendance of the season so far?

What's Hull KR's best attendance so far?

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

4 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

1,213 last Sunday for York Valkyrie vs Huddersfield Giants Women. Very good turnout, and so many faces that I don’t see at the men’s games. 

Great attendance. Similar for Leighs game too v Barrow I believe. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, overtheborder said:

Think we sold out earlier in the season too there if I remember rightly - if any Wiganers miss out there's usually some left in the home stands (which is what I did first time round).

Not this time, but all 593, 594,600and 658 buses have been cancelled so all 4500 of ya are gonna have to walk home 😂😂

Most probably live in exile though! 😂 😂 

10 hours ago, RayCee said:

What's Hull KR's best attendance so far?

It’ll be around 10,500, that’s the current capacity. Attendances seem up significantly this year, although as someone else said, we haven’t announced them yet 🤣

• Like 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

12 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

Great attendance. Similar for Leighs game too v Barrow I believe. 

Very positive.

With York Valkyrie I think the Knights should research why a lot of fans watch the women’s team but not the men’s. Obviously I don’t spend all game looking at every single person and thinking have I seen them at a men’s match, but over the years you start to recognise faces, I reckon as a rough estimate maybe 1 in 3 only go to women’s games. I find it fascinating. Not sure if it’s the more slightly relaxed family atmosphere, the fact it’s cheaper, the women’s team being more successful.

• Like 1

Just now, AB Knight said:

Very positive.

With York Valkyrie I think the Knights should research why a lot of fans watch the women’s team but not the men’s. Obviously I don’t spend all game looking at every single person and thinking have I seen them at a men’s match, but over the years you start to recognise faces, I reckon as a rough estimate maybe 1 in 3 only go to women’s games. I find it fascinating. Not sure if it’s the more slightly relaxed family atmosphere, the fact it’s cheaper, the women’s team being more successful.

The experience of other sports is that whilst there is a fair bit of overlap, it is quite often a different audience. It’s one of the reasons why the RFL policy of curtain raisers for many big women’s games is counter productive.

• Like 4

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

19 hours ago, roughyed8 said:

And next season sub 10k Roosters crowds

You're a bit out of date these days on that. Roosters used to be the running joke for crowds, I've sat in the SFS with 6,000 myself before, but this season they averaged 23k and have been building steadily up to that for a while

• Like 1

On the subject of attendances, we’re often told that one of the benefits of relegation is it creates excitement from uncertainty, which is good for attendances and viewing figures. Well how about this:

- Hull KR will get 9,000+ on Saturday against Salford, as they both aim for the playoffs

- The crowd for the 2016 Million Pound Game was under 7,000

That’s 28% better this season. Fans want a quality product, with teams aiming for either trophies or progression for the future. Relegation “excitement” brings little value commercially. The numbers don’t lie. 

• Like 2