Salford fan shares and financial issues.

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Even a sympathetic "helpful explainer for anyone wanting to get involved" wouldn't be amiss.

Perhaps the lack of coverage is an indictment of the situation at large.

I'm sure once someone does finally report on it we can expect a well researched Callum Walker article online within the hour.

18 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Salford’s old saviour, Marwan Koukash, is in court for a bankruptcy order issued by…his wife. 

Yes, just saw that. Proper soap opera stuff... I'm sure some Salford fans will be delighted!

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

6 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

5th June 5pm is the deadline. The documentation written by SRD states that is £250k isn't hit all pledges will be returned, however it appears whoever set up the crowdfunder page selected the option to keep all pledges regardless of the amount raised. So it isn't entirely clear what will happen at this point.

I'm a little surprised none of the more cynical journos have looked into any of this a bit deeper to be honest.

Seems unlikely they will hit their target. And then what? 

8 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

5th June 5pm is the deadline. The documentation written by SRD states that is £250k isn't hit all pledges will be returned, however it appears whoever set up the crowdfunder page selected the option to keep all pledges regardless of the amount raised. So it isn't entirely clear what will happen at this point.

I'm a little surprised none of the more cynical journos have looked into any of this a bit deeper to be honest.

The rugby league trade journos are amateurs when it comes to developing proper stories  

• Like 3

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

3 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

Seems unlikely they will hit their target. And then what? 

Yeah there is always an exponential drop off with these types of things and it looks like the donations are starting to really slow down now after a fast start. As to what happens on june 5th, depends whether you believe SRDs docs or crowdfunder. Never set up a crowd crowdfunder so possibly SRD will get a chance to return investments if the target isn't met,  although what that will do for the clubs short term health is another question entirely given Paul Kings fairly bleak overview

• Like 1

Maybe Salford could ask Koukash for this cheque to top up their fundraising? Unless he has lost it in his bankruptcy hearing 

Was such a classy move waving that around in front of Rovers fans on the pitch when we got relegated. But now of course other clubs’ fans have to be all caring about the Red Devils’ plight… 

CACCE713-165A-4042-8ED4-56D92670E294.jpeg

With Sale Sharks this week repeating they are on the brink of taking over the daily running of and income from JJ Bell Stadium maybe time for the powers that be at the Red Devils to provide clarity on their position to the rest of the game.......

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Maybe Salford could ask Koukash for this cheque to top up their fundraising? Unless he has lost it in his bankruptcy hearing 

Was such a classy move waving that around in front of Rovers fans on the pitch when we got relegated. But now of course other clubs’ fans have to be all caring about the Red Devils’ plight… 

CACCE713-165A-4042-8ED4-56D92670E294.jpeg

Is that James Corden in his younger days with the red top on ?. 

42 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Still on £141k according to the crowdfunder page, unless there has been an external donation they are still a way off £250k

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/p/salford-red-devils

I'm sure funds are coming in from fans with an interest in having some sort of stake through more routes than that app though

2 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

I'm sure funds are coming in from fans with an interest in having some sort of stake through more routes than that app though

On the site it says for the Presidents Club option (£10k+) contact the club for options. It might be that they've had a number of these which don't show up on the crowdfunder total, who knows?

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

3 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

Still on £141k according to the crowdfunder page, unless there has been an external donation they are still a way off £250k

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/p/salford-red-devils

I've dug around and found this (SARL so...). Anyway it's not exactly clear what's going on but does say:

This comes after the club confirmed they had made £250,000 from this campaign last week

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/super-league-club-given-huge-financial-boost-74427/

59 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I've dug around and found this (SARL so...). Anyway it's not exactly clear what's going on but does say:

This comes after the club confirmed they had made £250,000 from this campaign last week

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/super-league-club-given-huge-financial-boost-74427/

SARL get confused with Turkish Lira and GBP

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

On the site it says for the Presidents Club option (£10k+) contact the club for options. It might be that they've had a number of these which don't show up on the crowdfunder total, who knows?

A straight forward share issue should have been done imo, you can’t have Bob with £100 in getting the same voting rights as Julie with £10000 in.

What often happens is that someone will underwrite any shortfall.

It's unikely that that has happened here, though.  We're nowhere near the deadline.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

22 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

The rugby league trade journos are amateurs when it comes to developing proper stories  

Lol

My own personal faviourite is james Gordon 

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

The usual financially illiterate reporting from the rugby league tradies... they keep calling it "revenue". It's not revenue, it's a one-off capital investment. Hopefully they now invest that money in things that will generate some additional revenue, that's the whole point of investment, but we're a way off that yet eh. 

If they'd launched some sort of subscription model with recurring funds then you might get closer to be thinking about it like that, but even that would be a membership/partnership buy-in rather than being seen as a new income stream. Unless you want to pay tax on it and have less! This isn't semantics, it matters. Does my head in..!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

A straight forward share issue should have been done imo, you can’t have Bob with £100 in getting the same voting rights as Julie with £10000 in.

I suppose, if Julie is willing to do that then you can, but there won't be that many Julie's...

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I suppose, if Julie is willing to do that then you can, but there won't be that many Julie's...

There'll probably be some legal jiggery pokery behind it but I'm wondering how these larger investors are receiving what appears to be an inducement to buy shares.   Perhaps they're paying £100 for a share and £9900 for some kind of service from the company, which would be subject to VAT.

Who knows?   It's a jolly interesting project.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"