Sat 6th-Sun 7th May: The Betfred Championship (Non-TV) Match Thread

Fev took the lead but Eagles score despite being 2 men down. Missed con but 22-20 Fev with Eagles back to 11v12 for the last 7 minutes. No excuse for back chat when you're already down a man.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

An amazing game, lots of intensity, Fev win it but jeez made hard work of it against an Eagles team that put everything into it, including when scoring when down to 10 men.

Perversely I thought Sheffield's, er, aggressive tactics worked against them, they could have had two or three sin binned before the 3 yellow cards that did come and they also got the home crowd fired up. I don't think I have ever heard a yellow card cheered so much as that for Sene-Lefao who played well but also stretched the boundaries of legality quite frequently.

I think those of us who have watched Fev regularly this season know that the table is a bit misleading, we're probably just about the best team in the division overall but we aren't massively better than a number of other teams.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tim2 said:

Fev took the lead but Eagles score despite being 2 men down. Missed con but 22-20 Fev with Eagles back to 11v12 for the last 7 minutes. No excuse for back chat when you're already down a man.

Back to 13v13 with 2 left. Good effort by the Eagles but not quite enough.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

10 play 12 ...

Never seen Jesse play like that he was like a man  possed told someone in the crowd  to shut up when he got 10 minutes. He was well liked and respected while at Fev but today was unreal.

Edited by Fevrover
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Listening in Leigh on the radio, sounds like the ref has spoiled the contest.

Could and should have jumped on Sheffield’s dirty play from tackle 1 in the 1st half. No surprise it boiled over. Appalling day’s work from the ref and the two blind mice.

What was most amazing is that it took 65 minute for Sene-Lafao to get himself in the bin. Don’t think he had a clean, sporting contact all afternoon.

Banana skin avoided. Onwards and upwards.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Listening in Leigh on the radio, sounds like the ref has spoiled the contest.

Referee was a disgrace Sheffield came with an agenda and he was happy to let them get on with it targeting the half backs with or without the ball and only applying the offside rule to one side.

7 minutes ago, Daft old hooker said:

Referee was a disgrace Sheffield came with an agenda and he was happy to let them get on with it targeting the half backs with or without the ball and only applying the offside rule to one side.

Sounds like the ref at Swinton yesterday 

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

An amazing game, lots of intensity, Fev win it but jeez made hard work of it against an Eagles team that put everything into it, including when scoring when down to 10 men.

Perversely I thought Sheffield's, er, aggressive tactics worked against them, they could have had two or three sin binned before the 3 yellow cards that did come and they also got the home crowd fired up. I don't think I have ever heard a yellow card cheered so much as that for Sene-Lefao who played well but also stretched the boundaries of legality quite frequently.

I think those of us who have watched Fev regularly this season know that the table is a bit misleading, we're probably just about the best team in the division overall but we aren't massively better than a number of other teams.

Fair summary. I'll take continuing to win, but we're not going to have a 100% record unless things improve. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb