Sun 4th Jun: SL: St Helens v Huddersfield Giants KO 14:15 (Sky)

Who will win?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/06/23 at 13:45

6 minutes ago, DG70 said:

Huddersfield are 9th, something has to give doesn't it? Watson lost the dressing room? or is he actually overrated, whatever it is its not working.

This, exactly this, major problems.

Having a temperamental lolahea and an equally temperamental jake connor in the team is a recipe for disaster 

6 minutes ago, DG70 said:

Huddersfield are 9th, something has to give doesn't it? Watson lost the dressing room? whatever it is its not working.

Been telling people on this site that for a long time before he left Salford, he only came good at Salford when Rowley joined the coaching staff, perhaps people will agree with me now.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Been telling people on this site that for a long time before he left Salford, he only came good at Salford when Rowley joined the coaching staff, perhaps people will agree with me now.

If Rowley is that good then why has he never won anything or been involved in a top club?

Salford fan here. Watson is an excellent coach but obviously favours completion rates and territory over creativity. Rowley came in and worked mainly with the spine by all accounts and added some flair to the steel.

Anyone claiming Watson is a poor coach or that his relative success at Salford was down to other people is talking waffle. The answer to his creativity issues though obviously isn’t Jake Connor.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, meast said:

If Rowley is that good then why has he never won anything or been involved in a top club?

Financially he doesn't need a job of any description, he lives 10 minutes from the stadium and he is happy where he is, do you think he hasn't had offers?

26 minutes ago, meast said:

I said for a few weeks and I had my doubts when we signed him but I think signing Connor has severely disrupted the dynamics of our squad from last year.

We had a good squad and a really good team last year that didn't need too much disruption, apart from replacing Leutele and a couple of squad players to rotate sometimes.

Connor seems to be playing for himself and hasn't improved us nor has he had a decent game yet.

In hindsight it appears to have been a poor signing too far and our dynamics have changed because of it.

You already had one maverick player who lollops about and produces both the brilliant and the bizarre in Lolohea. No side needs two. 

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

I’d have him at Halifax 

If Saints don’t offer him another year Phil then he might be tempted to do a season playing part time, he still is a really fit fella. In a couple of a games this season he has looked as if it was a season too far, but he has played more good matches than bad. In fact his extra spark has helped us go onto win. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Interesting that Watson blamed tge result in part on the slope at St James’s park

Does he think he’s in Batley?

He didn't though he said it was hard for tired players defending like we did on a slope, which considering that's all we did for 60 minutes and conceded over half the points down that slope probably shows he's right.

52 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

You already had one maverick player who lollops about and produces both the brilliant and the bizarre in Lolohea. No side needs two. 

Exactly!

We had a good balance last year with Lolohea, Pryce, Fages/Russell and Levi, this year to accommodate Connor we've had all sorts of combinations that  haven't worked.

For me, I'd get back to as near as we had last year, give Connor a few games off and see if the team can gel again as a team rather than individuals.

13 minutes ago, meast said:

He didn't though he said it was hard for tired players defending like we did on a slope, which considering that's all we did for 60 minutes and conceded over half the points down that slope probably shows he's right.

Is there a slope?

8 minutes ago, meast said:

Exactly!

We had a good balance last year with Lolohea, Pryce, Fages/Russell and Levi, this year to accommodate Connor we've had all sorts of combinations that  haven't worked.

For me, I'd get back to as near as we had last year, give Connor a few games off and see if the team can gel again as a team rather than individuals.

I should imagine all of that has been tried out on the training paddock umpteen times, why do you think the coach keeps naming selection errors?

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

I should imagine all of that has been tried out on the training paddock umpteen times, why do you think the coach keeps naming selection errors?

My take is that we have too many playmakers and one of them needs to be dropped, IMO Connor should be the one to sit out and we should look to revert back to what and who served us so well last year.

If that means Watto loses a bit of face then so be it, he's got a big job and some big calls to make the next few weeks.

• Like 1