Sat 3rd Jun: SL: Salford Red Devils v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 13:30 (Sky)

Who will win?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/06/23 at 13:00

On 31/05/2023 at 18:43, Old Frightful said:

And since then you've won precisely what?

The Clive Sullivan Trophy although you could win it back should you go to Craven Park and win by more than 40. Seems unlikely.

But the point I was making was that the idea that Rovers 'not too long ago' took a taxi of supporters to Salford is a complete nonsense. 

Edited by DimmestStar

1 hour ago, DimmestStar said:

The Clive Sullivan Trophy although you could win it back should you go to Craven Park and win by more than 40. Seems unlikely.

But the point I was making was that the idea that Rovers 'not too long ago' took a taxi of supporters to Salford is a complete nonsense. 

With the utmost respect to the great man himself..."The Clive Sullivan Trophy"?!?!

That's lost by whichever of the two Hull teams is the most garbage during that particular season.

If you'd like to go back however many years you want to, in order to score points against me, as a Hull FC fan, then feel free. I'd be interested to know which team Roslyn has presented the trophy to most.

• Confused 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

After the million pound game I couldn't care less if Hull kr beat us for the rest of eternity. I obviously don't feel this way about any other team. It's  just that I know that an eternity of losses would never tarnish the best day of my rugby life.

Just hope the weather's nice 🙂

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

With the utmost respect to the great man himself..."The Clive Sullivan Trophy"?!?!

That's lost by whichever of the two Hull teams is the most garbage during that particular season.

If you'd like to go back however many years you want to, in order to score points against me, as a Hull FC fan, then feel free. I'd be interested to know which team Roslyn has presented the trophy to most.

On the subject of Ros Sullivan, last night's episode of Great Coastal Railway Journeys is worth checking out on iPlayer. Michael Portillo calls into Hull again and interviews Ros along with Hull's official club historian Bill Dalton about the great man's career.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Hull KR - one chance, one try.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Great break from Croft, and Budgie's in under the posts.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Rovers coming up with some absolute howlers in their own twenty but Salford politely declining the opportunities so far.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 minute ago, YCKonstantine said:

Only turned on a minute ago, what’s happened?

Really nasty looking head knock for James Batchelor.

Fingers crossed he's OK.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bratman said:

God knows how we're in the lead!

Combination of sloppiness in attack by Salford and good Rovers pressure in defence.

4 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

When did it become a thing to stop showing replays of injuries? 

I think they make a decision based on how bad the injury looks at the time. When it looks like it's serious, they choose not to repeat it, which I think is right.

• Like 2

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I think they make a decision based on how bad the injury looks at the time. When it looks like it's serious, they choose not to repeat it, which I think is right.

They always do in the NRL . In slow motion it really is chilling at times the knocks they take