Sat 3rd Jun: SL: Salford Red Devils v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 13:30 (Sky)

Who will win?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/06/23 at 13:00

41 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Terrible performance from Rovers, but this has been coming for a while. You can’t have a 4th choice half back pairing with a hooker at scrum half, and the entire spine disrupted, for a month not get consequences eventually. Defence has kept us in matches in the last few weeks.

Abdul will be back next week, he’s a force multiplier for us because not only does he do what he does himself, but he also enables Lewis to be an effective player rather than a (sometimes) risky liability.

Might not be enough for Catalans away given their form, especially with all our injured middles now, but we should be good for plenty of wins after that. RRTR. 

What is / was wrong with Abdul..?

16 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

What is / was wrong with Abdul..?

Quad injury in training, should be back next match. We then lost Milnes his back up in the next game, broken hand.

Alongside Coote’s serial injuries and his back-up Ethan Ryan breaking his jaw, and having to disrupt our hooker partnership to move Litten to scrum half, it’s been a disastrous month for Rovers’ attacking spine. Really no surprise we’ve struggled to score. 

• Like 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

28 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Quad injury in training, should be back next match. We then lost Milnes his back up in the next game, broken hand.

Alongside Coote’s serial injuries and his back-up Ethan Ryan breaking his jaw, and having to disrupt our hooker partnership to move Litten to scrum half, it’s been a disastrous month for Rovers’ attacking spine. Really no surprise we’ve struggled to score. 

Do you want to borrow Jake Connor for a year 🙂 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, meast said:

Maybe it's the Hull KR fans who need to be a more creative?

BOOOOOOO

YAAAAAAAAAAWN...

If you lot had any fans to boo the ref maybe we could compare it eh, but to be honest at your matches I just listen out for the occasional clinking of glasses at the bar and maybe someone opening a packet of crisps in the opposite stand 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

2 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Ah.....always loved Abdull hope he gets back ok....best in play kicked in the league for me 

J*n W*lkin was raving about what a great job Litten was going to do for you before the game......always a curse 

4 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Ah.....always loved Abdull hope he gets back ok....best in play kicked in the league for me 

J*n W*lkin was raving about what a great job Litten was going to do for you before the game......always a curse 

Litten's a solid player wouldn't want to give the impression don't rate him, but Mikey Lewis needs a stronger, game-managing half alongside him otherwise he's not effective - and of course we lose the ability to play with 2 hookers with Litten at half-back. Hopefully Abdul will make a difference in France, but they're on fire at the moment eh so I'm not expecting any points next weekend. 

10 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Litten's a solid player wouldn't want to give the impression don't rate him, but Mikey Lewis needs a stronger, game-managing half alongside him otherwise he's not effective - and of course we lose the ability to play with 2 hookers with Litten at half-back. Hopefully Abdul will make a difference in France, but they're on fire at the moment eh so I'm not expecting any points next weekend. 

I'll be cheering your mob on....love what KR are doing 

• Like 2

On 03/06/2023 at 16:24, Scouserrover said:

Started with that stupid penalty for throwing a boot away, incredible level of arrogance for an official who has form for it.

There should be more penalties for sh*t like that, pathetic act.

How you can criticise a ref for that is beyond me.

• Like 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Four posts removed.

One member banned.

You cannot call a referee corrupt without consequence on this forum.

• Like 2

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

1 hour ago, ckn said:

Four posts removed.

One member banned.

You cannot call a referee corrupt without consequence on this forum.

Can we talk about their biological self-service preferences? Asking for a friend 😂

7 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Can we talk about their biological self-service preferences? Asking for a friend 😂

You can call a referee incompetent, out of their depth, useless, arrogant, startled rabbit, or whatever. As long as you don't insinuate corruption in any way.

Although 9999/10,000, it's the players who get paid more than the ref who've lost a game rather than individual refereeing decisions. Especially those who just point blank refuse to listen to a referee thinking the ref will just change his mind if they just ignore him.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

22 minutes ago, ckn said:

You can call a referee incompetent, out of their depth, useless, arrogant, startled rabbit, or whatever. As long as you don't insinuate corruption in any way.

Although 9999/10,000, it's the players who get paid more than the ref who've lost a game rather than individual refereeing decisions. Especially those who just point blank refuse to listen to a referee thinking the ref will just change his mind if they just ignore him.

Aye, agreed, only messing

Refs are never bent, they do their best in a hard job. They make no more mistakes than any player or coach, like the bounce of the ball teams just need to deal with it. 

• Like 3

I just wish that refs would sometimes have to explain their decisions. For example, why did Kendall call 'held' just before Watkins scored? And if he admitted that it was a wrong call then we could just accept it as a mistake. Players get pulled up for their errors. Why not the refs?

First magic weekend in Newcastle and how we were super impressed with the event there and overall the city.

Some Haggis notes-

Of course it was greatly helped by Salford winning. At the game, I lived through the usual frightful Sollyesque dread, expecting a Red collapse at any given moment, but in hindsight and aided by the match again online, it was far more comprehensive than it seemed in real time.

Big shouts for Croft who seems to get his mojo back. As in the King and Watkins too who worked tirelessly. Dupree remains the professional outstanding talent he is, despite the off field distractions. And mention again for wonder kick Marc E Sneyd.

Aside from being the Entertainers, SRD are developing an uncharacteristic resilience, that helped them through this and other recent games.

We might not be many, but us Salfordians are loud!

As the rest-

Newcastle really is a great place. The ground is excellent, view, location, but if you have been you already know that. Real joy to meet a FC woman who'd said she;d never missed a game in 60 years!!.

FC are the best fans. No malice, just up for a good time. 

Wakey on the pitch were sadly shocking. Organized but so slow and unimaginative. Wigan and Leeds played ######, especially Wigan. Not that I minded thought of course.

Good to see Saints win without seriously injuring any opponent. Real vocal support, but whilst yer Split fish and curry song is great, still having "jolly" tunes about sore trous de culs and offering out yer mam is so small town, best left in a last century way with the topless bar maids and Little Britain sketches . That and spending half yer time singing about Warrington. Don't do it!

And the Saturday topped off by almost stumbling over Bernard Gausch and then Degsy after it ended.

Great weekend, so no IMG, it needs to be cherished not chopping.

Edited by idrewthehaggis

11 hours ago, johnh1 said:

I just wish that refs would sometimes have to explain their decisions. For example, why did Kendall call 'held' just before Watkins scored? And if he admitted that it was a wrong call then we could just accept it as a mistake. Players get pulled up for their errors. Why not the refs?

As explained numerous times all match officials are reviewed and will admit to their mistakes in their own review/ coaching sessions and if the “mistake” or “error” is significant enough or a repeated one then that’s reflected in their next appointment(s).  

They are much more accountable than players who definitely don’t get pulled up for their errors plus no one would listen to any explanation from a match official as evidenced when Stuart Cummings used to explain decisions on Twitter each week when he was in charge. 

BTW I look forward to the player at the touch screen explaining his missed tackles or poor passes. Or even just being asked by the reporter. It just doesn’t happen. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LeeF said:

As explained numerous times all match officials are reviewed and will admit to their mistakes in their own review/ coaching sessions and if the “mistake” or “error” is significant enough or a repeated one then that’s reflected in their next appointment(s).  

They are much more accountable than players who definitely don’t get pulled up for their errors plus no one would listen to any explanation from a match official as evidenced when Stuart Cummings used to explain decisions on Twitter each week when he was in charge. 

BTW I look forward to the player at the touch screen explaining his missed tackles or poor passes. Or even just being asked by the reporter. It just doesn’t happen. 

So has Kendall admitted he made a mistake, or not?

17 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

So has Kendall admitted he made a mistake, or not?

Presumably at yesterdays review. Have any of the players admitted their mistakes (plural) yet or not?

Players are fined and suspended by the disciplinary and we get to hear about it. Refs make mistakes and they are not even admitted as mistakes. So I ask you again seeing as you are the expert. Has Kendall admitted to a mistake by disallowing the Watkins 'try' or has he been made accountable for his mistake?

5 hours ago, LeeF said:

Those cultists who think officials/RFL are bent, corrupt, cheats will never change.

I watched the Hull/Wire game with mates on Sunday and when Wire went 0-12 up one of them said “the RFL are desperate for Wire to win the GF”. I said “how so”, he then came out with a load of guff about the Ref. At FT i asked him about the RFL being hell bent on Wire winning at all costs. He had no reply. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, johnh1 said:

Players are fined and suspended by the disciplinary and we get to hear about it. Refs make mistakes and they are not even admitted as mistakes. So I ask you again seeing as you are the expert. Has Kendall admitted to a mistake by disallowing the Watkins 'try' or has he been made accountable for his mistake?

Aren’t they? There have been many times when mistakes have been acknowledged by match officials. I’m struggling though to remember the last time a player admitted their many errors or mistakes or even recall them being asked about them after a match. Maybe you can bring your expertise to this point?

I'm asking whether or not Kendall has admitted his mistake in disallowing Watkins' try (and awarding a penalty to Rovers) when an identical situation in the Leigh/Wakey game the next day resulted in Leigh being allowed to play the ball and score in the next couple of tackles. If you can't or won't answer that question then fine. All I am trying to establish is whether or not we can find some consistency over refereeing decisions.

I initially just thought Kendall had made a mistake and called held a bit too quickly. However, watching the highlights he seems to call a double moment (feel free to correct me if I’m wrong) - in that case why on earth wouldn’t he go to the video ref?

His use of the VR baffles me. Atkin clearly dropped the ball but he sent it up. Sio is in to score unopposed but he thinks he’s seen an obstruction- why not just send it up?

Anyway, thought he was ok otherwise 

On the claims of Croft rediscovering his ‘mojo’ - I honestly don’t know what people watch as he’s been excellent. He’s a marked man so has adapted his game and this has also freed up Sneyd. With Lafai now back and Cross also looking more dangerous he should get more space but he’s still been good without it.

3 hours ago, LR23 said:

I initially just thought Kendall had made a mistake and called held a bit too quickly. However, watching the highlights he seems to call a double moment (feel free to correct me if I’m wrong) - in that case why on earth wouldn’t he go to the video ref?

His use of the VR baffles me. Atkin clearly dropped the ball but he sent it up. Sio is in to score unopposed but he thinks he’s seen an obstruction- why not just send it up?

Anyway, thought he was ok otherwise 

On the claims of Croft rediscovering his ‘mojo’ - I honestly don’t know what people watch as he’s been excellent. He’s a marked man so has adapted his game and this has also freed up Sneyd. With Lafai now back and Cross also looking more dangerous he should get more space but he’s still been good without it.

Presumably because the double movement is after he has called held therefore no need to refer.