Wed 28th Jun-Sun 2nd Jul: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

1 minute ago, bromleybulldog said:

Millar just scored his fourth of the afternoon. Toulouse 36- Widnes 24 . 64 minutes

Unfortunately he's been scoring in the corner (as you'd expect from a winger) - would be much closer if Gilmore had kicked the conversions.

2 hours ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

True, it shows the score at 40-24 at the moment but pretty sure it's 42-24.

BBC have it wrong as Shorrocks kicked 6 not 7

I was not surprised that Widnes put up a fight to be honest, everyone has been putting the boot in this week and they came out fighting. A bad first 20minutes for Widnes followed by a classic TO brain fart meant it was a lot closer than had been predicted. I thought Widnes showed a lot of spirit, and the 2nd half there was some good footy. If their kicking had been better it would have been a very squeaky last 10 minutes for TO.

Nice to see so many Widnes fans had managed to find a way past the cancelled flights too.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

According to a Widnes fan at the game posting on the Widnes site Dixon has scored two of the tries credited to Millar.

Definitely Millar in the first half for both as he was right in front of us, probably 2nd half as it was furthest away they just assumed it was the same guy. I think it was Dixon with the intercept try

17 minutes ago, kiggy said:

BBC have it wrong as Shorrocks kicked 6 not 7

I was not surprised that Widnes put up a fight to be honest, everyone has been putting the boot in this week and they came out fighting. A bad first 20minutes for Widnes followed by a classic TO brain fart meant it was a lot closer than had been predicted. I thought Widnes showed a lot of spirit, and the 2nd half there was some good footy. If their kicking had been better it would have been a very squeaky last 10 minutes for TO.

Nice to see so many Widnes fans had managed to find a way past the cancelled flights too.

It was the Toulouse twitter feed that threw me, they had the score at 40 but looked to have Shorrocks making seven "transformations" hence I assumed it was 42.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

1 hour ago, Griff said:

BBC has  Millar 4 tries and Gilmore 2 goals which accounts for 20 points.

How hard is this stuff?

For what it's worth flash score has Miller 2 in the first half 35 and 38 minute then Grady in the 48/ goal followed by Miller 58 64 /goal and finally Wide 79

40-28

1 hour ago, POR said:

For what it's worth flash score has Miller 2 in the first half 35 and 38 minute then Grady in the 48/ goal followed by Miller 58 64 /goal and finally Wide 79

40-28

I normally wait for highlights to see stuff again, especially the tries 80m away

13 hours ago, kiggy said:

I guess away fans tend to make more noise, but it felt like there were nearly as many Widnes fans as there were home fans. Smallest crowd I've seen in Toulouse by some distance. Was all the trouble causing people to stay at home?

2 hours ago, JonM said:

I guess away fans tend to make more noise, but it felt like there were nearly as many Widnes fans as there were home fans. Smallest crowd I've seen in Toulouse by some distance. Was all the trouble causing people to stay at home?

English fans always make the noise...which is great makes for a decent atmosphere, the French are very reserved. I agree though, not a big crowd. I can only think that there were no big freebies handed out. Kids are doing exams at the moment so most of the other kids are not at school and have already gone on holiday.

Only half the band and no dancing girls! 

No trouble in Toulouse, couple of shops looted, but that's par for the course when things kick off in Nanterre...kids wanting the latest Nike footwear. Other than Nanterre (which is absolutely normal during the day...No1 son's mate was back from Paris this weekend) and a couple of banlieus in Marseille the other 99.9% of France is pootling along as normal. Don't believe what you are reading in the UK MSM. 

• Like 5

Just now, JonM said:

Seemed like a pretty visible police presence in Toulouse city centre.

And outside IKEA as well, which was a bit bizarre.

There are always more police around when things kick off in Paris, but no trouble in Toulouse. Not even a whiff of tear gas this weekend.

36 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Whitehaven v Fev kick-off delayed to 4.15pm as players from both teams as well as match officials have been stuck in traffic on the M6.

A milk tanker has overturned, blocking the motorway in both directions apparently. The Workington team were also stuck in it heading in the other direction towards Oldham - that match has been cancelled.

Batley were also slightly delayed by it on the way to Barrow, but looks like they're kicking off on time.

Edited by Barley Mow

1 hour ago, Barley Mow said:

A milk tanker has overturned, blocking the motorway in both directions apparently. The Workington team were also stuck in it heading in the other direction towards Oldham - that match has been cancelled.

Batley were also slightly delayed by it on the way to Barrow, but looks like they're kicking off on time.

No use crying over it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

How's firing the coach going for Keighley?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.