Thur 29th Jun : SL: Warrington Wolves v Leeds Rhinos KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/06/23 at 19:30

2 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

Mikaele leaving, and mcguire coming into the team, catalans away. thats where the form wobbled.

We've missed Nicholson badly too.

The pack in general has had a lot of rotation due to disciplinary issues, injuries and players leaving.

But we need to be better at handling these. 

23 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Leeds are actually fairly healthy at the moment, we've only really got Newman missing that really makes a difference.

Holroyd and MacDonald coming back in adds a lot to the Leeds side.

I'd assume Holroyd on bench to ease him in? Unless you want to p*** off Walters ?

In fact it'll be interesting to see if Rhinos play Walters much once Sangare free....

8 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I'd assume Holroyd on bench to ease him in? Unless you want to p*** off Walters ?

In fact it'll be interesting to see if Rhinos play Walters much once Sangare free....

Smith doesn't strike me as a coach that would drop an inform player just because he's signed elsewhere.

There's a lot of overhyping going on over Walters, he has lots of potential but he's had about 3  good games in his time at the Rhinos, I would like to have kept him but the way some are going on you'd think he's already Walmsley in his prime

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Smith doesn't strike me as a coach that would drop an inform player just because he's signed elsewhere.

There's a lot of overhyping going on over Walters, he has lots of potential but he's had about 3  good games in his time at the Rhinos, I would like to have kept him but the way some are going on you'd think he's already Walmsley in his prime

Agreed....he's more a back rower anyway for me...and not quick one 

I would hope Lisone hasn't put the cue in the rack now the ink on his contract is dry

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

32 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Agreed.....same as Vaughan in the pack ...overreliance 

Rashford always gave you plenty of flexibility but he's clearly not the player he was 

Our threats just aren't balanced. We do have pace on the wings and at fullback, but are slow as anything in the centres - once Nicholson got injured, it's no coincidence that Currie dropped off as the balance is all wrong. 

We have basically become reliant on Williams doing it, or a half chance that Dufty finishes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

No comments in 23 hours for tonight's blockbuster ??

I'll be having BBQ food and a beer whilst watching it. 

SO I suppose that's something to look forward to.

33 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I'll be having BBQ food and a beer whilst watching it. 

SO I suppose that's something to look forward to.

I'm having 2 mates over for a drink....looking forward to the drink more 

Wait a minute....don't you live in Warrington? Why you not going ?

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I'm having 2 mates over for a drink....looking forward to the drink more 

Wait a minute....don't you live in Warrington? Why you not going ?

Lack of childminder. Thursdays are  a bit of a pig tbh. 

Two very predictable teams here.  A foregone conclusion. 

• Haha 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

On 28/06/2023 at 15:17, Chrispmartha said:

So you don't like Walters we get it! He's been good value for the Rhinos on little money he rejected his MASSIVE deal from Leeds and thought he was worth more and he's off! With so called Fans like you I don't blame him sounds like Austin is not happy with his MASSIVE deal now are you going to give him the same derogatory comments?

Matt Dufty at stand off!

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

After this week's transfer news, I'm suddenly a lot more aware of Big Sam Walters. And I like what I just saw!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'm not sure Handley needed to speed up to anything as fast as that gentle jog to score his second.

Well, he's young, he doesn't know about pacing himself yet. :kolobok_wink:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson