Sun 16th Jul: SL: Salford Red Devils v Leigh Leopards KO 15:00

Who will win?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Leigh Leopards

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/07/23 at 14:30

Should be a cracker of a game, I still can’t believe the transformation at Leigh, I know they blew us apart last season in the Championship but performing as they are week in week out in Super League is a different kettle of fish, love him or loathe him the owner has put his money where is mouth is and come up trumps. Probably the single most important signing was Adrian Lam, he has moulded a very well balanced squad. To be honest they deserve all the success and I hope they can maintain it. It is a story us in the Championship should aspire to and try and emulate.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

Car parks sold out it seems, Salford Roosters or Trafford centre for us

Booked car park at ground this morning - 7 of us going who haven’t previously to away games, notice club say 1,700 tickets sold plus there will be some walk ups so a good turn out 

3 hours ago, Expatknight said:

Should be a cracker of a game, I still can’t believe the transformation at Leigh, I know they blew us apart last season in the Championship but performing as they are week in week out in Super League is a different kettle of fish, love him or loathe him the owner has put his money where is mouth is and come up trumps. Probably the single most important signing was Adrian Lam, he has moulded a very well balanced squad. To be honest they deserve all the success and I hope they can maintain it. It is a story us in the Championship should aspire to and try and emulate.

Good point RE: Lam, clearly motivated and with a point to prove after being shown the door a bit further down the road.

What a cracker this should be, I can't call the winner but leopards being the team in better form at the moment you have to lean their way, Both are good to watch and i suppose it will depend on what teams they can field. Salford have given us some pain in the past  and are a formidable side ,especially when Sneed is on form, but Leigh have been a real eye opener, you just cant knock them at all, cant call it but we can't have a draw. Can it be watched anywhere other than at the ground anyone

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

26 minutes ago, GIANTSTRIDES said:

Can it be watched anywhere other than at the ground anyone

Nope, but the ever accurate and entirely unbiased BBC Radio Manchester will make it feel like you're there...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_manchester

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

19 minutes ago, Thunder Road said:

No Edwin Ipape.

I wonder if he's signed for Hull FC?

• Haha 1

Leigh all over Salford early doors but a forced drop out sees Sneyd find touch near halfway, Reds with the ball in Leigh's half now.

Salford draw first blood with try from Sio.

4-0, ktc.

Leigh reply possibly through Asiata.

4-4, ktc.

Reds 4 'Pards 6.

Leutele in for Leigh,

Reds 4 'Pards 10, ktc.

Sneyd 40/20 sees Reds putting on the pressure.

Reds in,

10-10. ktc.

Reds 12 'Pards 10.

Why does Jack Dearden keep getting the score wrong?

Lafai tackle sees the ball come loose and Burgess goes 80m only for Ben Thaler to bring him back for a knock on that nobody else seems to have seen.

Ackers in, Reds 14 'Pards 10, ktc.

Reds 16 'Pards 10.

Arf tarm.

16 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Lafai tackle sees the ball come loose and Burgess goes 80m only for Ben Thaler to bring him back for a knock on that nobody else seems to have seen.

Head and feed to Salford. Strange call!

1 minute ago, johnh1 said:

Because he is past it. The game is apparently being played at the Salford Community ‘Center’.

I was going to post something similar but, as usual, you beat me to it. He used to be quite good.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.