5 Live Rugby League - Mike Ford special

Godzilla

4 hours ago, Roughyed Rats said:

This is a great listen. The bit about Josh Johnson kind of summed it all up for me. Made it me well up a bit. You can see just how far the club has come in the space of a few months. Really positive and exciting times. 

And I thought it was just me being a big softy. I also thought the bit about him leaving to coach Ireland was telling. Rather than leaving us in the lurch, he had every intention of remaining as Oldham coach, but that was scuppered at the last minute by CH.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I have listened to this twice now. An absolutely fascinating listen, but it also gives a further insight into the vision and plans of the club. 

Great promotion of the club as well. 

Well done to Mike, revealing but also very diplomatic in not calling anyone. Interesting insight on the thinkset of the union hierarchy. 

Did anyone pick up on the rumours of two new sugar daddies to SL?

Edited by sheddingswasus

18 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

And I thought it was just me being a big softy. I also thought the bit about him leaving to coach Ireland was telling. Rather than leaving us in the lurch, he had every intention of remaining as Oldham coach, but that was scuppered at the last minute by CH.

He's probably the reason so many have walked away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheddingswasus said:

Thought it was £7.5k down and total £28k?  Not bring pedantic just thought that was said?

I think it was, but with add ons,such as reaching 18, appearances etc it was 70k. Having said that I can remember what was said 40 years ago but can't remember what was said five minutes ago. 😆

• Haha 2

Listened to it last night. Very interesting and positive for the club. Playing at boundary Park and having a positive relationship with latics owners is a big plus. I'm a massive Mick Ford fan and I think he'll have a massive impact on rugby league in Oldham. I quite honestly could've listened to him all night about his career and life. It was a very good listen. It'll take time,there are alot of what they called " lapsed fans",of which I am one. I've wanted this to happen for about ten years. It feels surreal to say the least. I'll probably be tempted back next season as for me this is a dream come true. Mick Ford and Oldham, doesn't really get any better.

• Like 3

I listed to this earlier today, not an Oldham fan and I was going to post about it on the General Forum but then found this thread. It all sounds so positive, obviously early days but this consortium know what they’re doing and clearly have the club’s best interests at heart - good luck with it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

I listed to this earlier today, not an Oldham fan and I was going to post about it on the General Forum but then found this thread. It all sounds so positive, obviously early days but this consortium know what they’re doing and clearly have the club’s best interests at heart - good luck with it. 

Mick Ford is an absolute legend at Oldham. If anyone can turn the club around it's him. He'll leave no stone unturned that's for sure.

• Like 3

On 22/07/2023 at 17:59, shrewsbury roughyed said:

Just listened to it. Brought tears to my eyes a couple of times. The man has class and Oldham running through his veins. Legend. Only 10 or so days left to listen if you haven't already heard it.

I downloaded the podcast and embedded it on the Oldham website.  It won't disappear.

https://roughyeds.co.uk/2023/07/a-ford-fiesta/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just to managed  a listen to the podcast ........ it's what Oldham fans have been waiting to hear for a 'generation'. Mike's vision and plans for ORLFC and rugby in the town are exactly right. Everything he said resonated with me , it's a must listen ! 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, tub said:

Just to managed  a listen to the podcast ........ it's what Oldham fans have been waiting to hear for a 'generation'. Mike's vision and plans for ORLFC and rugby in the town are exactly right. Everything he said resonated with me , it's a must listen ! 

Only on for I think 8 or 9 more days, so  don’t miss it