Signing

homeandawayer

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, SSkells said:

Looks like Caine Barnes is on his way to Whitehaven. Got that from a reliable source 

It was said last week on the jam grapevine that usually isnt far off that Town ( Gary Murdoch was mentioned) hadn't offered him a contract because he was unavailable for a number of games and the Jambos had heard about it and were moving in.

If that is true, it seems bizarre that Town wouldn't just offer a contract that's been adjusted for the amount of games he is available. Like I said a couple of lads know players off both teams so the craic is usually good. You have to weed out the made up ones which are banter, and I thought this might be one of them as Caine is one player you'd want to keep. Fingers crossed it is made up, but we've started training now and he still hasn't been announced so I'm starting to wonder....

• Like 1

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

I assume we still have some backs to announce as we look very short on cover in the threequarters, looks like we only have 5 signed on and 2 of them are new to the pro game. A couple of injuries and we’d be struggling.

• Like 2

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

2 hours ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

A real shame about Caine not being part of our squad. He haesss consistently been one of our best forward  and able to break the line.

Unless we have a quality replacement still to be announced, we don't seem any stronger than last year. I would love to be proven wrong.

Have to agree we don’t seem to any stronger than last year and although one player doesn’t make a team, Barnes is a miss, heard he couldn’t get time off work to play much last season, something must have changed, perhaps Whitehaven have a better relationship with his employers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobg said:

Have to agree we don’t seem to any stronger than last year and although one player doesn’t make a team, Barnes is a miss, heard he couldn’t get time off work to play much last season, something must have changed, perhaps Whitehaven have a better relationship with his employers.

He's recently changed job I think.

2 hours ago, bobg said:

Always believed in home life first(family) work is a must big second and Rugby is just a paid hobby. Players can't take risks these days especially having started a new job. Caine is out unto March so  u can't blame him if the lad needs a break from the game. I honestly don't think he motivated by money from any club he's a honest lad. Good luck to him. 

• Like 3