Dogs v Bulls

Batley Bob

4 hours ago, The scrim reaper said:

Played on the pitch today it's in fine condition shouldn't be any problems for tmoro, speaking of which saw the bulls match monday didn't see much to worry about! I reckon the outcome  depends on where our boys heads are here or wembley! 

hopefully focused on this game to get 2 pts and put a solid claim in  for a place in the squad for next weeks game

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

I reckon it's game by game, always has been for us and I reckon next week will still be calm, controlled and focussed. Less of the 'hey kids we're off to Wembley', more of 'you owe yourselves a performance'. Just like today, Linners won't march into the sheds with a 'this lot lost on Monday, they're rubbish' attitude, it'll still be about the work ethic, what each man owes the other. Every team will say that but I think we carry out the job better. Even when we lose it's not because we've moved away from the ethic. 

We saw the piece from Bradford about today's ref; they're 4 in front and the disgraceful way they carried on at half time when the officials went off was appalling. Howling mob doesn't come into it. Surely their club can see and hear?

There's absolutely no focus in this second half, it's like we're happy to have put up a 1st half performance against a SL club in a cup match then been overrun, Bradford are scoring from everything, our backsides are on the changing room seats.

Just now, phildog said:

There's absolutely no focus in this second half, it's like we're happy to have put up a 1st half performance against a SL club in a cup match then been overrun, Bradford are scoring from everything, our backsides are on the changing room seats.

Fully agree....😐

bit of a disaster this game,minds quite obviously (and understandably) on Wembley.

I really realty hope that whatever happens next Saturday,that this isn't the end of our season right here.

• Like 2

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

34 minutes ago, il cattivo said:

Fully agree....😐

bit of a disaster this game,minds quite obviously (and understandably) on Wembley.

I really realty hope that whatever happens next Saturday,that this isn't the end of our season right here.

Still a 4 point gap with some favourable games to go,  so let's see how we get on after Wembley. 

• Like 1

Don’t know how the Bradford first try was given I don’t think that was ever a try. 

at 10-6 could have gone either way once Bradford made it 16-6 the batley fight stopped and heads went to Wembley. The appo try was brilliant through the hands maybe 4 players at each point was going get tackled and moved it on inside or out. Score after the hooter give it to Bradford to keep playing with the game dead.

all I can say is good luck at Wembley up the bulldogs you deserve it has a team has a fanbase hopefully you win and your season doesn’t stop after. All the best

• Like 2

We where poor very poor today wether you can use Wembley as an excuse I'm not sure, you still have a job to do as leigh proved at Leeds today! Are bradford 40 points better than us no! And I'm sure if we met in the play offs it would be a different game! Says a lot when the Bradford fans celebrate as if they had just beaten a super league team, although I suppose after beating us and all the coaching noble did from the sidelines he thinks bradford deserve to be there now! Maybe someone could explain to me what nobles actual job at bradford is looks to me very much like he was the coach today! Is Greenwood just a puppet fronting the team? 

Edited by The scrim reaper

9 minutes ago, Bullmania said:

Don’t know how the Bradford first try was given I don’t think that was ever a try. 

at 10-6 could have gone either way once Bradford made it 16-6 the batley fight stopped and heads went to Wembley. The appo try was brilliant through the hands maybe 4 players at each point was going get tackled and moved it on inside or out. Score after the hooter give it to Bradford to keep playing with the game dead.

all I can say is good luck at Wembley up the bulldogs you deserve it has a team has a fanbase hopefully you win and your season doesn’t stop after. All the best

It was a good try that and agree the game was on a bit of a knife edge until your first try in the second half and then game over.  Bradford much more impressive today than they were on Monday.

• Like 1

Agree, miles off today. Their yardage in the tackle was massive, we just couldn’t get to grips with their runners, even Blackmore looked decent. Lilley had a great game where everything he tried came off. They played like their team sheet looks on paper…

These 2 games just need writing off, what I feared about mentality was right, but who can blame them? These lads have fronted up for 3 seasons now so I have no doubt that after next Saturday we’ll get back into the grind.  About this time last season when we went on a poor run, I remember speculating on here that we’d not win another game, and then we timed it just right for the playoffs.

Hate losing to Bradford, we manage to do it far too often, but the potential play off meeting will be a different game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, il cattivo said:

Fully agree....😐

After just watching Fax beat Fev do you think they where thinking about Wembley today too or the job they had to do today? If they Fax  play like they did today next week, and we play how we played today, then unfortunately we're f****d

Edited by The scrim reaper
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, The scrim reaper said:

After just watching Fax beat Fev do you think they where thinking about Wembley today too or the job they had to do today? If they Fax  play like they did today next week, and we play how we played today, then unfortunately we're f****d

You won't though, different day and game all  together from today.

• Like 1

I'm glad other people have had their says today, saves me getting shot down! 1 thing summed up our day today; they kicked a 40/20 UPHILL, their field kicking put us under pressure every time the ball went up whereas Holmes was receiving our kicks with 25 yards to run at. Their pack made yards constantly, they could be relied on to make 60 yards at least on every set, continually promoting the ball whilst we were coming at the ball stationary most of the time. Each time we get a lesson we should be learning. Is it an unfortunate juxtaposition of Wembley and Castleford that caused today? Who knows but the body of coaches and men need to throw it around and put it to bed on Tuesday. A good honest shout then get back up to eating girders for breakfast. The atmosphere and performance needs to go stratospheric for Sunday.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, phildog said:

I'm glad other people have had their says today, saves me getting shot down! 1 thing summed up our day today; they kicked a 40/20 UPHILL, their field kicking put us under pressure every time the ball went up whereas Holmes was receiving our kicks with 25 yards to run at. Their pack made yards constantly, they could be relied on to make 60 yards at least on every set, continually promoting the ball whilst we were coming at the ball stationary most of the time. Each time we get a lesson we should be learning. Is it an unfortunate juxtaposition of Wembley and Castleford that caused today? Who knows but the body of coaches and men need to throw it around and put it to bed on Tuesday. A good honest shout then get back up to eating girders for breakfast. The atmosphere and performance needs to go stratospheric for Sunday.

Be too late by then the game will have already been won or lost on the saturday 😬 hope you make the game phildog ha

4 hours ago, phildog said:

We saw the piece from Bradford about today's ref; they're 4 in front and the disgraceful way they carried on at half time when the officials went off was appalling. Howling mob doesn't come into it. Surely their club can see and hear?

Eh? Who cares about what fans shout? Much more concerning was Brown getting into the refs face at half time then Lingard basically losing it at the ref once Browny was finished. 

1 hour ago, The scrim reaper said:

Fax had fallen out of the play offs so there was a bit more jeopardy on the game for them today.  We've built up a nice buffer up until today so could argue not as much on the line, aslong as we pick it up again after next Saturday. 

12 hours ago, il cattivo said:

Fully agree....😐

I said that last weekend shot down on here by people 

we didn’t lose the weekend before the nrc cup

we could be still playing now we wouldn't win… 

3 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

I said that last weekend shot down on here by people 

we didn’t lose the weekend before the nrc cup

we could be still playing now we wouldn't win… 

I wouldn't say shot down, just people offering up slightly different opinions.  You're opinion was based on us losing to Toulouse & Fev away and coming to the conclusion we were on a bad run of form. Yes it wasn't great yesterday but we are consistently punching above our weight so need to apply a bit of realism that we shouldn't be expected to win every week. It's a long hard season that isn't won over a 2 or 3 game spell.

• Like 1