Long Sacked

7 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Probably the right decision, but I’m far from convinced that James Ford is the answer. 

I said the same day James Ford came he would be next coach,we shall see.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

A big decision at this stage of the season. And anyone looking in will think it odd after winning 17 out of 19 league games. Let's hope it doesn't cost us the holy grail.

I’m working on the basis that I’ll be visiting Halifax, Bradford, Batley again next season. 

We’ve cocked it up again

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

A big decision at this stage of the season. And anyone looking in will think it odd after winning 17 out of 19 league games. Let's hope it doesn't cost us the holy grail.

Imo it's not been much better then Mcdermot, it's going be Fordy i said that soon as he came,we shall soon find out.

• Like 3

Is there more to this? It seems really odd that Fev are top of the Championship, with only a couple of defeats, play offs looming with Super League the prize why would you want to cause the upheaval of bringing in a new coach, what has Sean Long done to upset the Apple cart?  Fordy was at the Knights match on Saturday  watching Toulouse apparently.

Not too surprised, when it showed them in the stand yesterday they didn't look together. They sat a couple of seats apart and there didn't seem to be any communication. 

With Long clearly miffed when Ford was recruited, and the rumors of Long going to Warrington as assistant maybe its a logical end.

What will the effect be, only time will tell. 

What a load of BS from the club

. The Board have backed this ambition by investing in a playing squad of Super League quality

NO you haven't  leigh had a super league team were nowhere near 

have been disappointed therefore in this season’s team performance against some of our promotion rivals. 

we've lost two games sitting 8 point's clear  at top of table

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Expatknight said:

Is there more to this? It seems really odd that Fev are top of the Championship, with only a couple of defeats, play offs looming with Super League the prize why would you want to cause the upheaval of bringing in a new coach, what has Sean Long done to upset the Apple cart?  Fordy was at the Knights match on Saturday  watching Toulouse apparently.

Nowt to stop James going to York we weren't playing. People can say what they want but this is down to money, plus the rugby hasn't been much different to last season and there's rumours Longys off to Warrington.

Edited by Fevrover

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

As I've posted before I make that 11 (including caretakers) who've come and gone since Powell went in 2013.

Sean Long is a good coach but is distracted easily, He had a stint coaching at London Broncos  did his job well but returned back North after "a incident " while he was at Royal Ascot for the day..

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, bigbaldnmad said:

Burgess has been announced as Warrington coach, Marshall as assistant, with a second assistant to be announced.

Seems like the rumors are to be confirmed.

True B but not while 24 Chambers will remain in interim charge for the remainder of the 2023

Edited by POR