1. 1. Who will win?

• Batley Bulldogs by 13 points or more
    • Batley Bulldogs by 7 to 12 points
    • Batley Bulldogs by 1 to 6 points
    • Halifax Panthers by 1 to 6 points
    • Halifax Panthers by 7 to 12 points
    • Halifax Panthers by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/23 at 17:00

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

I just logged in and am now watching. No purchase required.

Are you using the OurLeague app or their website?

I got it on ta, didn't realise it was free, should have realised with the green lock open, derrrrr!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Normy_Rover said:

I think Fax should be further ahead on the scoreboard considering their dominance

Agreed. They've only just hit double figures so are not safe yet.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Agreed. They've only just hit double figures so are not safe yet.

Mind you, Batley don't seem to be capitalising on it at all. I can't see past a Fax win.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Holy mackerel, what a pass! Maybe Batley aren't done after all.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

You.

Have.

Got.

To.

Be.

Kidding.

Me.

:kolobok_shok:

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Luke Hooley. Poor lad. Not an easy kick, and only missed by a small margin. But he's distraught and will be for a while.

Congratulations to Halifax.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Heartbreaking for Hooley, what a finish! I thought Jack Smith had probably the best performance I have seen from him. Well done Fax, commiserations to the Dogs, poor discipline at times and a shocking start cost them, but you can’t take it away from Fax, absolutely tremendous defence.

• Like 2

Of the three Wembley finals, I think the better teams on the day won each time.

And the three losing sides made a decent fight of it at some point.

• Like 5

Ralph Waldo Emerson

26 minutes ago, RBKnight said:

Not much consolation to the Bulldogs, but those two tries of theirs were absolute gems - I cant remember a ball being kept alive for so long after the hooter had gone ever!

Basketball Bulldogs lol.

• Like 3

Congratulations to Halifax, their resolute defence won them that along with any points on offer. Great day out at the big W

• Like 6

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Just watched the highlights. Two minutes of Louis Jouffret wriggling his hips and then it all kicked off. Wish I had been in to watch the full game.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Hope the win for Fax has cheered Oxy up a bit.On reflection they did deserve to win on the overall balance of play.Both sides may still have more to offer in the play offs.The Championship delivers again and IMG want to make it a meaningless competition.Shame on them and the SL teams who want a closed shop.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

Player brought in on duel reg misses the kick to give the team a chance to play on  and win the final.   

Poetic justice? 

No, just bad spelling.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Stayed for the first half. Felt a bit sorry for Halifax and Batley having to play after everyone had invested so much emotion and energy into the Challenge Cup Final, I wanted to stay for the whole game but was drained to be honest! Congrats to Halifax

59 minutes ago, OnStrike said:

Stayed for the first half. Felt a bit sorry for Halifax and Batley having to play after everyone had invested so much emotion and energy into the Challenge Cup Final, I wanted to stay for the whole game but was drained to be honest! Congrats to Halifax

It should have been on first  IMHO.

• Like 3

First the negative, it just all felt a little tin pot for our game. I mean you have a video ref for the first 2 games yet for the 3rd one they have all packed up and left? Its a final, there needs to be a video ref and my initial thoughts were we may have had a try ruled off that looked a try so obviously I am biased. Secondly you have all the fancy graphics on the big screen for the 1st games then again for ours we have to make do with a tiny little clock in the corner and a stream that may as well be off someones dodgy firestick. Not to mention the clock nearly giving us a hear attack in the last minute where instead of going from 78.59 to 79 it just went straight to 80 and we couldn't work out why Batley were playing basketball.

Thats the worst but the best, what a fantastic day. We just got there for the start of the main event with all the traffic(tragic that a fan lost their lives just trying to get to a game) but what a main event it turned out to be and what a finish. Totally delighted that Leigh got the win. Our game I thought was a little bit scrappy but it just shows that if you have two evenly matched teams you can have a game like that and still create that excitment. To boot Batley scoring the best try that Wembley has ever seen to create a nerve wrecking end certainly kept us on the edge of our seats.

I honestly thought that the Batley defense was creeking and would break at some point but all credit it never did and a couple of miracle plays gave them a real shot and I think they would have won it if we went to golden point as our players looked broken after that defensive effort in the last quarter. Very weird feeling to win like that as well with the stadium been in almost silence as nobody had a clue if Hooleys kick was going over.

I didn't mind our game been on last as with the KR fans leaving as soon as their game finished it gave all the Fax fans chance to sit together behind the posts which as it would turn out would turn would be the perfect place to celebrate. As a side not if you are playing Fax in a final and you see all their fans change seats at some point then you may as well pack up and go home. 😀

• Like 2