Vegas baby!!

It will be interesting to see what the mix of the crowd will be in Vegas. 

Aussies, Kiwis, Poms, Polynesians, Yanks, Canucks maybe.....possibly the odd Frenchy too ! 

The Rugby League Fan's Mantra for helping the game grow internationally is ten two-letter words - IF IT IS TO BE, IT IS UP TO ME.

Introduce  Tavylor Swift to JWH as he looks like Kelce, that will shift the tickets.

• Haha 1

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

1 hour ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

What are the ticket sales looking like?

They were reporting in the Daily Telegraph over here today that almost 30 000 have been shifted now. 

22 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

That’s decent then and should create some atmosphere.

Hopefully with a bit of an acceleration in ticket sales now as the game approaches and the NRL ramps up its` promotion, add several thousand walk-ups which I believe is fairly standard in Vegas, we may crack the 40 000 mark.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Hopefully with a bit of an acceleration in ticket sales now as the game approaches and the NRL ramps up its` promotion, add several thousand walk-ups which I believe is fairly standard in Vegas, we may crack the 40 000 mark.

Yes, and I think we’ve got to hope the players can produce a bit of sporting magic too that the US media will happily latch onto and highlight as a clip.

• Like 1

Allegiant stadium being right next to the strip I’m sure they could tempt some tourists in using cheap ticket deals in the days leading up.

I’d imagine plenty would be interested in a cheap look & game day experience at the 2024 Super Bowl Stadium if nothing else.

Edited by jim_57
  • Like 1

" Dang" worth having a look at this NFL fan`s reaction to the NRL promo featuring Russell Crowe.

Starts around the 2 minute 45 second mark.

Edited by The Rocket
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

" Dang" worth having a look at this NFL fan`s reaction to the NRL promo featuring Russell Crowe.

Great post and very interesting to see his reaction.

Really hope we get the kind of game and action that will ‘cross-over’ to a curious US sports fan.

Those NRL clips are perfect too at summing things up and making RL look like a happening.

The promo should be used universally and not just for the US audience - nothing wrong with making things easier occasionally for curious new fans no matter where you live.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

"Never noticed them playing the ball with his foot and just thought they hit it back with their hands" - Obviously he's only ever watched SL before 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I always thought a full sell out was unlikely to be fair as the USA is a very competitive market for sports entertainment.

Got to start somewhere.

It makes you realise just how impressive the 19,320 at the Denver test was, when you consider all of the obstacles that were put in its way and without anywhere near as much money or resources devoted to it.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, The Rocket said:

My biggest worry about this whole project is that it is a proxy marketing tool for Union in the US to bolster the sport of 'rugby'.

The fact that the most excited this guy got in the whole video was the drop goal is a worry.

I do feel that the NRL can make this work commercially but I just don't know if this will benefit the wider sport over there.  I hope so.

• Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

My biggest worry about this whole project is that it is a proxy marketing tool for Union in the US to bolster the sport of 'rugby'.

The fact that the most excited this guy got in the whole video was the drop goal is a worry.

I do feel that the NRL can make this work commercially but I just don't know if this will benefit the wider sport over there.  I hope so.

I think to be fair he really summarises things at the end by saying the physicality and brutal hits are what will cross over to NFL fans.

He makes a large point of that and how the NFL has lessened these factors since he started his own experience of watching that league.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Rocket said:

Great video, it's great to see him so enthused and it was really interesting to see how much he liked the big hits and how he said the NFL has gone a little soft. Obviously there is an appeal there to those types of NFL fan. Whenever you see these types of video that is always the big takeaway, they love the big hits without pads. The fact that the same players do both attack and defence in the process always seems an appeal too along with the general all round skill that goes with that.

Edited by Damien
  • Like 2

I think one area we often neglect when pushing to the likes of US Football fans is the running agility. It struck me last night watching the SuperBowl, that while they have some great runners, a lot of them are quite direct, many runs end with the player running into touch, even touchdowns feel a bit of a non-event to me as an RL fan, without the actual touchdown!

I think we should push the footwork a lot more and the spectacular finishes.

• Like 2