Featherstone Rovers 2024 Squad

marklaspalmas

47 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

I thought Minikin is primarily a centre?

Winger or centre played on the wing for Cas in 2017 Grand Final defeat against Leeds but since has played in both positions.I see him more as a winger like Briscoe he looks for work going inside when in his own half.

8 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Winger or centre played on the wing for Cas in 2017 Grand Final defeat against Leeds but since has played in both positions.I see him more as a winger like Briscoe he looks for work going inside when in his own half.

Fair enough. He played 2 of his 14 games in 2023 as a winger

2 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Updated OP.

Can we have less about Bradford's IMG numbers and more about Rovers 2024 squad on this thread? Ta.

Agreed M all that matters is we have a team to watch in 24  seven and counting looking forward to the several other signings

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 CONFIRMED 2024 SQUAD:

Gareth Gale (2024, 2025)

Caleb Aekins (2024)

Ben Reynolds (from Leigh) (2024, 2025)

Gadwin Springer (2024)

Greg Minikin (from Warrington)

Thomas Lacans (2024, 2025)

Connor Jones (2024)

TO BE ANNOUNCED:

Chris Hankinson, Brad Day, Jack Bussey, Josh Hardcastle, McKenzie Yei, Ellis Longstaff, Kyle Evans

CONFIRMED LEAVING:

James Lockwood (retired), Mark Kheirallah (retired), Luke Cooper (Batley), Craig Hall (Doncaster), Craig Kopczak (Oldham), Mathieu Cozza (Wakefield), Luke Briscoe, Johnathon Ford, Elijah Taylor, Matty Wildie, John Davies, Junior Moors, Joey Leilua, Tyla Hepi, Arama Hau, Dane Chisholm, Daniel Smith

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, coolie said:

WOW😵 must have been one h.ell of an enema to shift that pile😜

Let the circus begin for them signing to new clubs.. 

Next few days are going to be interesting 🤔

If Dewsbury could have signed all them then you would have been our chief rivals next season instead of Trinity🙄

25 minutes ago, coolie said:

WOW😵 must have been one h.ell of an enema to shift that pile😜

Let the circus begin for them signing to new clubs.. 

Next few days are going to be interesting 🤔

Hall has gone to Donny,ET is off to Oldham ( apparently),Koppy to Oldham, Cozza to Wakefield, Cooper to Batley, and some are retiring. Like yer say gunna be interesting where some end up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J Phil Loxton said:

If Dewsbury could have signed all them then you would have been our chief rivals next season instead of Trinity🙄

If we'd have signed them all

We would have felt what it's like to experience an end of season bottle 🤔😉

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

Hall has gone to Donny,ET is off to Oldham ( apparently),Koppy to Oldham, Cozza to Wakefield, Cooper to Batley, and some are retiring. Like yer say gunna be interesting where some end up.

I'd have settled for Chisholm 

But he ain't gonna get a 50k contract at Dewsbury 🤔

5 hours ago, Daft old hooker said:

Apart from JD and Briscoe I don’t think there are many that I am overly concerned about. I think we need a younger more athletic side with a bit more pace.

They are the two that bother me the most.  Both have always given 100% to the club and I'm sure that most other Championship clubs would have them.  Plus it seems that they have been shown the door rather than being lured away.  We have to have some faith with what the club is trying to do but sometimes an explanation is required. 

It's really not hard, we are spending their salaries on IMG points nothing more nothing less.  I am afraid Rugby on the field is sad second from now on.  Absolutely ridiculous situation but true.  Within 10 years we'll have some cracking facilities all with absolutely no players to play in them. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, lingaro said:

It's really not hard, we are spending their salaries on IMG points nothing more nothing less.  I am afraid Rugby on the field is sad second from now on.  Absolutely ridiculous situation but true.  Within 10 years we'll have some cracking facilities all with absolutely no players to play in them. 

So why are we resigning the likes of Aekins

It will actually be fascinating to see what squad of players we actually end up with next season given the massive churn but the (re) signing of a few quality players. I wonder if we are going to try to do what Toulouse seemed to do last year which is have a first 17 that can compete but have a very small squad, rely on loans etc, hope for the best with injuries and try to stay in touch with the play off places. When you look at the press quotes of the new signings, presumably written by the club, they don’t mention SL. I think we are starting to see the early manifestations of the clubs very much changed ambitions and strategy for next year.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

Clearly without a competitive team, crowds would collapse. For me, we once again get a team together to aim to win the the playoffs. I’ll be getting a season ticket. No pressure to win next season, bring it on.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RobLambert said:

They are the two that bother me the most.  Both have always given 100% to the club and I'm sure that most other Championship clubs would have them.  Plus it seems that they have been shown the door rather than being lured away.  We have to have some faith with what the club is trying to do but sometimes an explanation is required. 

Since when has any sporting team had to explain why players haven’t been retained?.For me, although both have done their best, they’ve for a record of being in teams which can’t get the job done. Not a popular opinion, but for me I’m happy that we’ve totally changed the squad. Last seasons players were once again losers, so why keep many of them. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Since when has any sporting team had to explain why players haven’t been retained?.For me, although both have done their best, they’ve for a record of being in teams which can’t get the job done. Not a popular opinion, but for me I’m happy that we’ve totally changed the squad. Last seasons players were once again losers, so why keep many of them. 

Thats just ridiculous.  25/27 suggests they are not losers.  Why we lose big games is a problem that needs looking at (although probably too late in the day for that) but are you seriously suggesting that man for man they can't handle the pressure ?  At the very least that is just too much of a coincidence.  Just take a step back and have a look at it.  Most of the players we seem to be giving up on would be snapped up by most Championship clubs rather than being regarded as losers.  You are believing what other supporters are saying about us as a club.  In terms of an explanation ? - FFS - You tell me when in the last 40 years we have announced the departure of so many top class players in one day

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RobLambert said:

Likes of Aekins ? he got 3 awards at the player/ supporters award night so he can't be that bad especially for a player playing out of position.