Featherstone Rovers 2024 Squad

marklaspalmas

I'm genuinely not bothered one bit about missing out on Eden (If indeed it was the case that we had provisionally agreed terms).  It was announced back in September that he would be leaving Cas.  The statement at the time said....

'The difficult thing with Greg is that he plays 50% of the games because his body isn’t as robust has he was when he was 20'

Why would we have wanted him on that basis - whether we were playing in SL, Championship or the Conference ? 

I'm more bothered that we let Briscoe go when I assume his demands would have been much lower.....

2 hours ago, RobLambert said:

I'm genuinely not bothered one bit about missing out on Eden (If indeed it was the case that we had provisionally agreed terms).  It was announced back in September that he would be leaving Cas.  The statement at the time said....

'The difficult thing with Greg is that he plays 50% of the games because his body isn’t as robust has he was when he was 20'

Why would we have wanted him on that basis - whether we were playing in SL, Championship or the Conference ? 

I'm more bothered that we let Briscoe go when I assume his demands would have been much lower.....

Completely agree.

Eden is a v good winger at Championship level but he's susceptible to injury and in view of his age and the amount of wear and tear already I'd be surprised if he maintained fitness throughout the season. 

Signing Eden would also seem to fly in the face of what appears to be the Clubs policy of lowering the age of the squad as well as removing the perceived reasoning for releasing JD.

Still can't understand the Luke Briscoe release though. Local lad still relatively young, 100%er, often one of the best performers and rarely injured. Don't get it tbh.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, haskey said:

Heard nothing regarding DAY . A good solid squad player but did not seem to break any pots last season.

Hopefully a full preseason would help Day be better for next season, as he did have a disrupted season this injury. Personally I’d probably retain him for next season.

In the wonderful world of rugby league we can see teams naming boat loads of squad signings while FEV go down the road of  slowly, slowly catchy monkey   one here two there  but I'm sure as per usual come start of the season we will have a squad we can all get our teeth into

The best part it get's fans including my grandkids talking all things FEV throughout the close season Had to laugh after the signing of HARIBO one of them said another three and we can have a seven-a- side at pre-season    :kolobok_grin:

11 CONFIRMED 2024 SQUAD:

Gareth Gale (2024, 2025)

Caleb Aekins (2024)

Ben Reynolds (from Leigh) (2024, 2025)

Gadwin Springer (2024)

Greg Minikin (from Warrington) (2024)

Thomas Lacans (2024, 2025)

Connor Jones (2024)

Danny Addy (from Salford) (2024)

Connor Wynne (from Hull) (2024)

Jack Bussey (2024)

Harry Bowes (from Wakefield) (2024)

TO BE ANNOUNCED:

Chris Hankinson, Brad Day, Josh Hardcastle, McKenzie Yei, Ellis Longstaff

CONFIRMED LEAVING:

James Lockwood (retired), Mark Kheirallah (retired), Junior Moors (retired), Luke Cooper (Batley), Arama Hau (back to Gold Coast), Craig Hall (Doncaster), Craig Kopczak (Oldham), Elijah Taylor (Oldham, Matty Wildie (Oldham), Mathieu Cozza (Wakefield), Daniel Smith (Bradford), John Davies (Bradford),

Luke Briscoe, Johnathon Ford, Joey Leilua, Tyla Hepi, Dane Chisholm

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, POR said:

Not A clue C but grandson  joked if it's not a bog standard announcement on our X page could mean this signing is  not from these here parts

Good point, maybe one of the rumoured Australians. Extra points on IMG for youtube sign ups as well.

Edited by Monkeymagic22

With the IMG scoring, I've subscribed to the youtube channel, even though I almost never use it.  I've also started 'liking' everything the club puts out on twitter (even if I don't like it!).  Am I wasting my time, or is there a way we could get everyone doing similar things?  There must be lots of younger fans who are on all sorts of social media, who could give the numbers a real boost?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Tubby said:

With the IMG scoring, I've subscribed to the youtube channel, even though I almost never use it.  I've also started 'liking' everything the club puts out on twitter (even if I don't like it!).  Am I wasting my time, or is there a way we could get everyone doing similar things?  There must be lots of younger fans who are on all sorts of social media, who could give the numbers a real boost?

Someone with know how should be looking into using a bot to register views and interactions with our Web media

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lingaro said:

Someone with know how should be looking into using a bot to register views and interactions with our Web media

I'm not convinced fiddling the figures so blatantly would be a good idea.  But it wouldn't surprise me if some clubs do, partcularly if the extra points could mean the difference between SL and not.

1 minute ago, Tubby said:

I'm not convinced fiddling the figures so blatantly would be a good idea.  But it wouldn't surprise me if some clubs do, partcularly if the extra points could mean the difference between SL and not.

You can buy followers for these platforms, but I’m guessing that it’s easily discoverable.