Fri 22nd Sept: SL: Leigh Leopards v Wigan Warriors KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/09/23 at 19:30

Just now, 17 stone giant said:

Is Gareth O'Brien English? He did well there and also under the high ball earlier.

Could also be useful in a Test Match if a last-second DG was required.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Also, it's sport - most people are well aware that there is controversy (or not depending on your stance). 

We can have bad decisions and talk about them, debate them without it being a disaster. It's part of the fun of sport. 

But the casual watcher will not think the refs are inept no matter how much ranting goes on over the internet.

Edited by Padge
  • Like 3

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, Padge said:

But the casual wather will not think the refs are inept no matter how muh ranting goes on over the internet.

That's not quite true. Watching on Sky they are talking about the decision even now. So casual fans are absolutely being told that the ref got it wrong (and they won't know how bad some of the pundits are!) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Leigh are gonna need to expand the ground to fit more in 

Was cost-effective expandability part of the original LSV plans? It is a recent enough construction for that to be likely.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Dave T said:

That's not quite true. Watching on Sky they are talking about the decision even now. So casual fans are absolutely being told that the ref got it wrong (and they won't know how bad some of the pundits are!) 

No I heard them say a controversial decision, not a wrong decision, sport is full of such stuff, we are not unique and it does not make people go ooh controversy refs must be incompetent, the majority of the public just don't think like that.

• Like 1

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

Yes. It is still far superior to what we see in SL.

Their fans would disagree with you. And there are more of them. :kolobok_wink:

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Well done Wigan. 

In both halves why did Leigh just almost play the clock down instead of a hail Mary play? 

I'm glad you said that because I was thinking it was a tame ending to just get tackled again. Why not a Gary Schofield style chip over the top or like you say an up and under. There was nothing to lose at that point and they might have got lucky.

Superb game though. Great atmosphere. Credit to both sides for the effort, and congrats to Wigan on securing the title.

• Like 3

I think the current VR system is fine, just the VR made a bad call. But, what a game. Best I’ve seen for a while. Let’s focus on that! Looking forward to the play-offs now.

Edited by Odsal Outlaw
  • Like 2

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Well done Wigan. 

In both halves why did Leigh just almost play the clock down instead of a hail Mary play? 

Because they saw what Field did to Cas

7 minutes ago, Padge said:

But the casual watcher will not think the refs are inept no matter how much ranting goes on over the internet.

I’m a casual watcher and I think the video completely cocked that up- French didn’t even break his stride!

And then the comms didn’t shut up about how Wigan were far and away the better team, yet Leigh were robbed. Bonkers. 

• Like 1