England v Tonga series

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Who has it been marketed to Damien, People on the RL mailing list who have previously purchased tickets, I honestly can't say apart from direct RL notification I have seen it anywhere apart from this site that is.

You are probably right but these are the people likely to go to matches at St Helens, Huddersfield and Headingley. For the reasons already outlined its a pretty hard sell to go to these places and venues for anyone that isn't a RL fan.

5 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Yup.

It goes along the lines of no tours, then pricing, then where the grounds are.

You have all three and then it is something else.

But people aren't making this up. These are people who aren't just staying away just for a moan for a laugh. 

I'm one who may or may not go, but if I don't, I hope others go, fill the ground and love it. 

• Like 1

England Squad 

Matty Ashton (Warrington Wolves)

John Bateman (Wests Tigers)

Tom Burgess (South Sydney Rabbitohs)

Daryl Clark (Warrington Wolves)

Ben Currie (Warrington Wolves)

Tyler Dupree (Wigan Warriors)

Liam Farrell (Wigan Warriors)

Chris Hill (Huddersfield Giants)

Tom Johnstone (Catalans Dragons)

Toby King (Wigan Warriors)

Morgan Knowles (St Helens)

Matty Lees (St Helens)

Mikey Lewis (Hull KR) 

Tommy Makinson (St Helens) 

Mike McMeeken (Catalans Dragons) 

Robbie Mulhern (Leigh Leopards)

Harry Newman (Leeds Rhinos)

Victor Radley (Sydney Roosters)

Harry Smith (Wigan Warriors)

Danny Walker (Warrington Wolves)

Jack Welsby (St Helens) 

Elliott Whitehead (Canberra Raiders)

George Williams (Warrington Wolves)

Dom Young (Newcastle Knights) 

• Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

10 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I know you aren't a Union man H, but if I win the lottery a 6 month soujourn down under taking in the RU Lions, an RL Lions Tour, and a Cricket ashes would be one hell of a trip!

A Lions Union tour should be on bucket list of everyone.  You don't need to like union to enjoy the experience.  Its really something else. Its hard to explain it, unless you have actually been part of one.

I was lucky enough to be in SA 2009 lions tour, we also had a major cricket trophy going on, England Cricket was also on tour, and then in 2010 you had the Football WC.

I was at all of it, and nothing came close to the Lions tour.  I was also there in 2012 for the England Union tour and that also did not come close to a RU Lions tour.

The closest we can hope for in parallel for RL is the 2025 Ashes series.  But with NRL not wanting anything to overshadow Origin in the RL world, I'll believe an Ashes tour when I actually see teh first test kicking off

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, NRLandSL said:

When’s this bloody team going to get announced, only 5 days till the first test.

Honestly don't get this, why should the team be announced days before,  never understood that tbh.

It gives the opposition foreknowledge of your strengths. England football team in action tonight, don't think that team will be announced until an hour before kick off. Won't stop fans turning up and pack Wembley out.

10 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Yup.

It goes along the lines of no tours, then pricing, then where the grounds are.

You have all three and then it is something else.

Well this is a complete lie. I have been to at least 1 match of every end of season international of tournament on these shores for as long as I can remember. Pricing has never been an issue and neither has the cost of going to the event. I know this is also the case for others on this forum.

If you are going to moan about others at least get your facts right and listen to what people are telling you rather than just making stuff up.

• Like 1

RFL/RLC will meet after the series and this will be their interpretation:

Good job we didn't go to London then, lads, if the crowds in the heartlands were this poor!

Yes, tickets must still be priced waaaay too high. Halve them for next year - and all 3 tests should be held as a triple-header at Headingley.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

But people aren't making this up. These are people who aren't just staying away just for a moan for a laugh. 

I'm one who may or may not go, but if I don't, I hope others go, fill the ground and love it. 

I would disagree to a large extent. (and not a dig at you) - but I think a lot of RL fans, or maybe just those on these boards, make things up for whatever reason.

Which is their prerogative of course. 

Just now, GeordieSaint said:

No Wardle or Farnworth? 

Farworth out with the hamstring scare apparently (before the Grand Final he played in).

Not sure about Wardle.

• Thanks 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Very light on halfbacks and flush with edge forwards.  A very England squad.

Just now, Leonard said:

I would disagree to a large extent. (and not a dig at you) - but I think a lot of RL fans, or maybe just those on these boards, make things up for whatever reason.

Which is their prerogative of course. 

I mean that doesn't make sense. Making up suggests lying, but if they were lying, they'd still attend. But they say these things and then don't turn up. 

So they aren't making anythibg up. 

• Like 2

Just now, Dave T said:

I mean that doesn't make sense. Making up suggests lying, but if they were lying, they'd still attend. But they say these things and then don't turn up. 

So they aren't making anythibg up. 

I'll happily disagree.

But also not overly interested in discussing it.

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

A lot of good players in that squad, but agreed about the halves. 

To be fair, there is four halves: Smith, Williams, Lewis and Welsby (easily steps into 6). Centres is the weak spot. There is only 2 (King and Newman). 

Edit: Suppose Welsby can step up to centre as well.

Edited by GeordieSaint

6 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

RFL/RLC will meet after the series and this will be their interpretation:

Good job we didn't go to London then, lads, if the crowds in the heartlands were this poor!

Yes, tickets must still be priced waaaay too high. Halve them for next year - and all 3 tests should be held as a triple-header at Headingley.

“We’d love to have stand-alone women’s fixtures but we can’t even fill the stadium when there’s a real game on as well”

• Like 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

16 minutes ago, Damien said:

You are probably right but these are the people likely to go to matches at St Helens, Huddersfield and Headingley. For the reasons already outlined its a pretty hard sell to go to these places and venues for anyone that isn't a RL fan.

My social media has been stuffed with ads to be fair.

1 minute ago, Whippet13 said:

Too many veterans in this squad who won't be around in 2/3 years, which is what we should be building for,vplus a captain who will play 1 game.

i would have passed on Hill for starters. Great servant, but still....