England v Tonga series

5 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

It looks as though the South Stand terrace is practically full for Saturday now - if you try to buy 36 tickets for the match it gives you South, East and West Stand terraces as options, if you try to but 37, only East and West are available.

So that means around 7,000 sold for the Southstand

3,500 for the Northstand (not including corporate)

1,800 in the East stand sold out

Add in a couple of thousand in the other areas we are looking at around 15,000 so far I reckon

• Like 1

On 31/10/2023 at 02:13, Big Picture said:

You totally misunderstood my point.

It's not that they understand all the technicalities, those are distinct from the pace of the game and the ease (or lack theteof) of gaining ground and getting into a position to score points.  And in that respect gridiron and modern RL are very different.

Offensive drives in gridiron are generally long and time consuming, with every single yard earned by the offense but that is certainly not the case with modern RL.  That difference will be immediately apparent to anyone who grew up seeing gridiron on TV, and not in a good way.

That normally becuase the bloke trying to catch the ball couldnt catch a cold though... 50 yard down field passes where an open player doesnt catch it or the QB overthrows it etc... its not ground out play all the time... I watch quite a lot of NFL and I'm sorry but your comparison is frankly bollux (to use Harry's spellling)

7 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

So that means around 7,000 sold for the Southstand

3,500 for the Northstand (not including corporate)

1,800 in the East stand sold out

Add in a couple of thousand in the other areas we are looking at around 15,000 so far I reckon

North stand has never looked anything other than half full even when Leeds have hit 15,000 

Unsold/unsat corporate seats right in middle along with steep single colour seating....all right under the camera....it's almost designed to understate how great Headingly is....need to get the caneras facing the south stand....would be truly impressive on telly 

1 minute ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

need to get the caneras facing the south stand....would be truly impressive on telly 

Just won't happen because of how the corporate bit is built, which in fairness to the Rhinos (and the cricket for that matter seeing as it covers both) is more important than how the stand looks on TV

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

Just won't happen because of how the corporate bit is built, which in fairness to the Rhinos (and the cricket for that matter seeing as it covers both) is more important than how the stand looks on TV

I realize that but it would just look sensational facing a noisy south stand 

I'd rather it looks dynamite for 700,000 viewers by sacrificing a few corporate seats for Gary 

1 hour ago, Barley Mow said:

A slow day at work!

Let's just hope that none of the other completely sane and well-adjusted people on here didn't happen to have 4000 South Stand tickets in their basket at the same time.

• Haha 8

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

5 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I realize that but it would just look sensational facing a noisy south stand 

I'd rather it looks dynamite for 700,000 viewers by sacrificing a few corporate seats for Gary 

The majority of the 700,000 viewers probably don’t care about the few empty seats to be honest.

• Like 3

Just now, Just Browny said:

Let's just hope that none of the other completely sane and well-adjusted people on here didn't happen to have 4000 South Stand tickets in their basket at the same time.

They limit you to 50 tickets in your basket - although there could have been 80 of us with 50 tickets each 😂

• Haha 5

17 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

The majority of the 700,000 viewers probably don’t care about the few empty seats to be honest.

We've all been down this route on here before 

Whilst I respect peoples right to think that I respectively can offer personal experience that plenty of people do notice and care (on here and elsewhere) 

Imagine the Twickenham stand facing the camera having a similar.occupancy level for a big England **** game.....it would stand out as unusual 

1 minute ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

We've all been down this route on here before 

Whilst I respect peoples right to think that I respectively can offer personal experience that plenty of people do notice and care (on here and elsewhere) 

Imagine the Twickenham stand facing the camera having a similar.occupancy level for a big England **** game.....it would stand out as unusual 

The North Stand has sold out, not sure what more they can do, its impossible to film it from the North Stand, so yes we have been here before, just like when the Western Terrace comes up, there is literally nothing they can do.

2 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

North stand has never looked anything other than half full even when Leeds have hit 15,000 

I think you're watching games from a different stadium. It's only usually the end sections, it's got comfortably more than 50% season ticket holders alone and corporate in that area is sold out most Leeds games.

3 hours ago, Barley Mow said:

It looks as though the South Stand terrace is practically full for Saturday now - if you try to buy 36 tickets for the match it gives you South, East and West Stand terraces as options, if you try to buy 37, only East and West are available.

Your work is top drawer! 🤣

A little more fishing around identifies the following:

There are only single tickets left in the South Stand up to ticket 4672, so we can be pretty sure that nearly all of those have ben sold. 37 tickets takes the last ticket number available up to 4986. 

Looking at the other areas, I think it will total currently around 6k standing tickets sold and assuming seats are as good as sold out (7,800), then we are probably looking at about 13,500 currently, perhaps just pushing 14,000.

Edited by Northern Eel
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

There are only single tickets left in the South Stand up to ticket 4672, so we can be pretty sure that nearly all of those have ben sold. 37 tickets takes the last ticket number available up to 4986. 

What doesn't make sense is that the South Stand's standing capacity is around 5,500 so there is a disconnect between the figures implied by the ticket numbers and the idea that it's nearly sold out.

7 minutes ago, M j M said:

What doesn't make sense is that the South Stand's standing capacity is around 5,500 so there is a disconnect between the figures implied by the ticket numbers and the idea that it's nearly sold out.

Sometimes published capacities are notional, in that often, 10% of seats/spaces go unallocated to cater for duplications or other factors that arise on the day. Perhaps this explains the figures?

1 minute ago, Jack GB said:

Would be great if this does get near to capacity - would be a fitting ending for the players and what they deserve. 

woukd also maybe mean leeds deserve a test when samoa tour next year! 

Headingley is always a good choice for tests like these. NZ or Australia and the Leeds test should be at Elland Road (even though I hate the ground)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jack GB said:

Would be great if this does get near to capacity - would be a fitting ending for the players and what they deserve. 

woukd also maybe mean leeds deserve a test when samoa tour next year! 

With the amount sold so far most of the ground will be/appear full - the only parts that may not are the hospitality seats in the middle of the North Stand (I don't think we have any indication of how well the hospitality is selling) and the Western Terrace (which we would anticipate being the least popular option - especially with rain forecast).

2 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

With the amount sold so far most of the ground will be/appear full - the only parts that may not are the hospitality seats in the middle of the North Stand (I don't think we have any indication of how well the hospitality is selling) and the Western Terrace (which we would anticipate being the least popular option - especially with rain forecast).

The western terrace can look pretty full even if its only half full, there's nothing you can do about corporate seats, even if sold some won't even go to the seats. In reality I don't think you will see a mass of empty seats there.

• Like 1