2024 Transfer Tracker

11 minutes ago, Click said:

How many away fans are using public transport when they are travelling from the North into London? 

I just don't understand why being based in a part of London where we have only played for.. 1 season? Out of the last 30 + years. 

But there are also other parts of London than just North & South.

When public transport works, it means you don't need a designated driver, you don't have to worry about parking or navigating through what is quite a mess of a city.

Yes, there's East and West, but the public transport system on either side of the Thames is the real differentiator. There are 249 tube stations on the North and 29 on the South.

It's also heavily biased North with the number of London Overground and DLR stations, and if you use mainline rail South of the river, you are in the hands of some of the worst-performing franchises in history.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

When public transport works, it means you don't need a designated driver, you don't have to worry about parking or navigating through what is quite a mess of a city.

Yes, there's East and West, but the public transport system on either side of the Thames is the real differentiator. There are 249 tube stations on the North and 29 on the South.

It's also heavily biased North with the number of London Overground and DLR stations, and if you use mainline rail South of the river, you are in the hands of some of the worst-performing franchises in history.

I live in SE London, I know all about the differences between transport between North of the river and South. 

The public transport South of the river is still fine, we just don't have as many Tube stations. 

There are millions of people south of the river that manage to get around on the weekends reasonably fine, there are numerous much larger football clubs south of the river that seem to manage it just fine. 

6 hours ago, NRLandSL said:

Could It possibly be another PNG player, I Hope so. If Anyone Morea Morea is a special fullback at 22 years old, would be a phenomenal singing by Leigh.

I’ve just seen on the Leigh Facebook group that it’s Tristan Sailor subject to VISA.

Don’t know an awful lot about him other than he’s 25 and very fast, oh and his dad was a belter.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, binosh said:

I’ve just seen on the Leigh Facebook group that it’s Tristan Sailor subject to VISA.

Don’t know an awful lot about him other than he’s 25 and very fast, oh and his dad was a belter.

Great signing that, really talented player and has been starring for Brisbane when Walsh is out. Could be special.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, binosh said:

Derek stated in his recent interview with Leopards TV that Leigh have made another signing that will only be announced when the visa is approved. 

This would mean another overseas player with Leigh not having a free quota spot. Should be interesting to see who this new signing is and who is leaving the club.

My guess would be Nakabuwai being released and with Salford needing a prop and having a quota space him going there?

Nakubuwei has been training with the squad, but there’s not been any official announcement of a contract extension. Almost like he’s on trial. Can see him being released with Trout, Norman and Brogan signed and Halton and Holmes able to play in the middle if needed. 

15 hours ago, Futtocks said:

What he says!!!

11 hours ago, phiggins said:

Nakubuwei has been training with the squad, but there’s not been any official announcement of a contract extension. Almost like he’s on trial. Can see him being released with Trout, Norman and Brogan signed and Halton and Holmes able to play in the middle if needed. 

Yeah i was told back in August that BN would be gone providing they could get sufficient cover. Makes sense, it's a waste of a quota spot having it on a 5th/6th choice prop

36 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Yeah i was told back in August that BN would be gone providing they could get sufficient cover. Makes sense, it's a waste of a quota spot having it on a 5th/6th choice prop

It does seem odd. If he's going to be 5/6th choice, it would be better to keep an overseas spot free and fill it during the season when they know what position needs to be strengthened. Surprised he's not found himself a deal elsewhere as well. 

11 minutes ago, phiggins said:

It does seem odd. If he's going to be 5/6th choice, it would be better to keep an overseas spot free and fill it during the season when they know what position needs to be strengthened. Surprised he's not found himself a deal elsewhere as well. 

I think after last season there was a real concern to make sure the depth was improved in the front row and they didn't want to be caught short mid season again(i wonder whether these newly announced limits on minutes were a factor into thinking on this). BN isn't the best but he could do a job so i think they would have wanted to be be sure they'll be ok for cover before moving him on. 

2 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

May need him with the 'Cumulative Minutes' that a player can do over a 12 month period coming in.

Edited by Harry Stottle

20 hours ago, binosh said:

He was heavily linked with Hull before we eventually signed Nu Brown. The general opinion was that he was very raw and a bit of a maverick but had a lot of pace and could thrive in the less structured environment of the SL.

10 minutes ago, MZH said:

He was heavily linked with Hull before we eventually signed Nu Brown. The general opinion was that he was very raw and a bit of a maverick but had a lot of pace and could thrive in the less structured environment of the SL.

Pace is certainly what we could do with more of at Leigh. Plus between him, Lam, McNamara and Hanley we'd be accumulating quite the set of famous RL surnames🤣

Edited by LeytherRob

I assume this announcement means Wigan are done with this thread.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

37 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Really strong squad when you see it down on paper, Wigan look like they are going to take some stopping this year

And still room for some youngsters too. I wonder what's going to go wrong, then?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, LeytherRob said:

Really strong squad when you see it down on paper, Wigan look like they are going to take some stopping this year

If there's a slight concern it's the fact that the squad is very prop heavy. We're not exactly blessed with depth anywhere else except perhaps hooker. Injuries in the backs or at second row could test us.