2023 - The Best Bits

I really enjoyed getting to take my two young boys 5 and 3 to watch the Sharks win against the Bunnies. The day before the 3yo and I went to the Captains Run and we got all the players to sign a jumper and the he got to high five and get photos with his favourite Talakai.

From the field, there were a few Sharks highlights, but I think that second half comeback by the Panthers was simply dazzling. That itself would be enough to get any latent or curious sports fans interested in watching another.

• Like 1

Saints winning against Penrith had me up out of my chair.

The NRL GF - especially the second half - was one of the most incredible games in any sport that I've watched.

Those are two that I'll certainly remember and cherish from the year that was in RL.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

Catalans Dragons at home in the GF play-off - love seeing the ticker tape parade build up and the atmosphere in the ground. And, of course, the game.

Getting ahead of myself to 2024, I am pretty excited about the revolution going on at Wakefield.

Yeah it’s a shame the Dragons couldn’t get the job done. It would have been pretty gnarly down in Perpignan if they had.

Fingers crossed for you and Wakefield.

Degsy's face at half time in the Challenge Cup match v York when it looked like we might pull off a shock. He looked like he was going to be sick.

We'd been bang average all season and struggled to get 17 out due to injuries, drafting in 2 young lads from Wigan on loan to make up numbers and for 60 minutes it really looked like we were going to turn them over.

• Like 3

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

26 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

I'm just an interested observer, not a fan. But liking this Ellis guy's approach.

Same, I remember having a Trinity jersey as a kid bought for me from a charity shop so have always kept an eye on them and going by what has been planned for the future it does look promising and hopefuly they can go on to be a real player in the Super League in the future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simon Hall said:

Degsy's face at half time in the Challenge Cup match v York when it looked like we might pull off a shock. He looked like he was going to be sick.

We'd been bang average all season and struggled to get 17 out due to injuries, drafting in 2 young lads from Wigan on loan to make up numbers and for 60 minutes it really looked like we were going to turn them over.

That's your favourite moment, ahead of Valkyrie winning the league?

From a selfish point of view, Swinton staying up after most people tipped us for relegation, from a game point of view, Saints winning he World Challenge, fantastic performance 

• Like 1

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

Leigh's win in the Challenge Cup - a year after being a Championship side

The NRL Grand Final - from another planet

But the BIG highlight for me.......... Being around and MC'ing the 1973 Championship Dinner : 50 years' celebration of DEWSBURY's finest moment ....... Being able to talk to players from both sides, as well as Tommy Smales ( Dewsbury coach) was an absolute dream -- taking me back to that wonderful time when these guys were absolute heroes (and still are) to me. We'll probably never see Dewsbury as Rugby League Champions again, but at least I was there on the day and then 50 years later: Magic !!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Catalans away, we'd been awful in the weeks leading up to it and i went expecting a right hammering but we found our form and beat them, the noise and joy from the travelling Fartowners that Saturday evening was like nothing i'd seen previously in Perpignan in all the years i've been going.

Secondly, taking my Grandson to the wheelchair game in Leeds, we both love the wheelchair game and the opportunity to have a day out together witnesssing it live for the 1st time was a great experience.

Thirdly, seeing London and Toulouse in the Championship grand final  knowing one of them will be back despite everyone writing them off for the M62 clubs.