Season Ticket Sales 2024

Damien

34 minutes ago, Griff said:

Commercially sensitive information about their business.

As a RL nerd, I obviously prefer that the figures do get published. I suppose I also see each game as an historical event that should be as well-documented as possible for future generations. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 24/12/2023 at 10:17, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

To be desperately pedantic (I'm in my Christmas grump mode), HKR do announce their attendances but only once a quarter.

Every 20 minutes.  Seems like overkill.

I'll get my coat.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Catalans are up on last years 20% I understand

• Like 1

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

7 minutes ago, audois said:

Catalans are up on last years 20% I understand

What are they hiding? 😉

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Catalans doing well too:

The Dragons are clearly a club on the up and have revealed amazing season ticket sales lately. There has been a 20% increase for subscriptions in just 3 weeks. The numbers are on the rise again this year and are a little more a testament to the enthusiasm that is only growing around this team.

There is no doubt that the performances of the Catalan Dragons are linked to these developments. The club, which has not changed its pricing policy for 6 seasons now, continues to see an increase in the number of its season ticket holders.

With more than 2 months to go before the start of the season, the club already has 400 additional season ticket holders compared to the 2023 season. A success for the directors and for the club who have seen their loyal followers multiply over the years.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/super-league-club-finally-set-to-redevelop-stadium-as-planning-permission-given-86780/

• Like 2

On 24/12/2023 at 12:46, Harry Stottle said:

Not really Rod, before the MU Ladies it was MU U21's (and still is sometime) and in the past a Blackburn Rovers age related team, needless to say only living just over a mile away and football has been played there for about 12 years I have yet to attend.

Well you need to Harry !!

My Daughter loves watching the MU girls and has done in front of many 10k plus attendances. Leigh just need to replicate this all next year I feel and I think they will !!👍

1 hour ago, Snowys Backside said:

My Daughter loves watching the MU girls and has done in front of many 10k plus attendances. Leigh just need to replicate this all next year I feel and I think they will !!👍

Good on your girl, and all the others who get along to watch, just not for me though Snowy, the last and only football game I have attended was in 1967 at United in the European cup v Waterford, 7 - 0 was the scoreline but back to Hilton Park the next week.

If we can get anywhere up to and over *8,500 as an home average next season that will be fantastic, it was only 12 months ago that we did less than 3000 average and I was at all those games.

* we will still rely on away fans to achieve 8,500 and any club bringing in around and less than 1000 will severely effect the averages, which I would say London, Catalan, Huddersfield, and maybe Leeds and Cas will fall into that bracket, and if they are evening fixtures both Hull clubs could follow suit.

1 hour ago, Snowys Backside said:

Man U women have never got 10k paying at LSV even on the cheap tickets they do, this season the highest is about 7k v Liverpool and a couple of 4k’s. 
womens soccer attendance relies on the odd game in the main stadium when the Intl window is on

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Good on your girl, and all the others who get along to watch, just not for me though Snowy, the last and only football game I have attended was in 1967 at United in the European cup v Waterford, 7 - 0 was the scoreline but back to Hilton Park the next week.

If we can get anywhere up to and over *8,500 as an home average next season that will be fantastic, it was only 12 months ago that we did less than 3000 average and I was at all those games.

* we will still rely on away fans to achieve 8,500 and any club bringing in around and less than 1000 will severely effect the averages, which I would say London, Catalan, Huddersfield, and maybe Leeds and Cas will fall into that bracket, and if they are evening fixtures both Hull clubs could follow suit.

Agreed,

Leigh need to focus on filling the North, East and West stands with no unreserved seating in the East.

Same in the South stand for the away supporters. Get it filled at 100% to fill the void of the reduced capacity of the stage. If Leigh start the season well, an 8k + average is very achievable.

9 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Man U women have never got 10k paying at LSV even on the cheap tickets they do, this season the highest is about 7k v Liverpool and a couple of 4k’s. 
womens soccer attendance relies on the odd game in the main stadium when the Intl window is on

Shouldn't have mentioned attendances 🤣 You will be looking numbers up on Wiki as we speak Sweaty !! (almost called you Joey Barton then !)

Lets just say, out of the 8400 who had their QR code scanned v Arsenal this season in the official attendance figures, none of our group of 6 (nor many of the packed north stand) was scanned due to an issue.

It was packed for City last season too.

Anyway, back to the point made that the LSV is used by other teams who are very well attended (and famous) 😉 

Irrespective, if SL attendances grow this season with such a huge TV profile, that for me would be a huge success, and good luck to London too for whom I hope really contribute to the competition and get some well attended crowds of their own.

3 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

Shouldn't have mentioned attendances 🤣 You will be looking numbers up on Wiki as we speak Sweaty !! (almost called you Joey Barton then !)

Lets just say, out of the 8400 who had their QR code scanned v Arsenal this season in the official attendance figures, none of our group of 6 (nor many of the packed north stand) was scanned due to an issue.

It was packed for City last season too.

Anyway, back to the point made that the LSV is used by other teams who are very well attended (and famous) 😉 

Irrespective, if SL attendances grow this season with such a huge TV profile, that for me would be a huge success, and good luck to London too for whom I hope really contribute to the competition and get some well attended crowds of their own.

How did you get a QR code - did they send out millions or did you apply like the rest for cheap admission.

every code issued is counted used/scanned or not - the NS v Arsenal was certainly nowhere near full btw as per looking at it on TV despite the 10 shillings for a family of 20 plus as much ale as you can sup offer

As a stand alone Womens soccer gets poor gates, the Intl weekend offers at the mens grounds inflates them massively

Edited by sweaty craiq

23 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

How did you get a QR code - did they send out millions or did you apply like the rest for cheap admission.

every code issued is counted used/scanned or not - the NS v Arsenal was certainly nowhere near full btw as per looking at it on TV despite the 10 shillings for a family of 20 plus as much ale as you can sup offer

As a stand alone Womens soccer gets poor gates, the Intl weekend offers at the mens grounds inflates them massively

Thanks Warren 😂😂😂

Your QR code is your actual ticket and seat number (but you would already know that) but you wasn’t there ! 

Let’s leave it there Eh ? 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Thanks Warren 😂😂😂

Your QR code is your actual ticket and seat number (but you would already know that) but you wasn’t there ! 

Let’s leave it there Eh ? 

So you register, get a free ticket with a QR code and all issued tickets are counted - that’s why crowd is given high.

Totally understand why the numbers are inflated btw

6 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

So you register, get a free ticket with a QR code and all issued tickets are counted - that’s why crowd is given high.

Totally understand why the numbers are inflated btw

Except they aren’t free, and the FA are incredibly hot on WSL announced crowds being ‘actual’ crowds, so the sales figures are invariably much higher than the announced figure once non attending season tickets and the like are included. 

12 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Except they aren’t free, and the FA are incredibly hot on WSL announced crowds being ‘actual’ crowds, so the sales figures are invariably much higher than the announced figure once non attending season tickets and the like are included. 

£60 for an adult season ticket, £30 U16. Plenty offers also. Womens football as a stand alone commercial product is not viable - as a global add on it is for tv fillers

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Andy JG said:

One thing I was aware of with Wigan season tickets was the number of adults who use heavily discounted kids season tickets which are available for peanuts. 

It beggared belief that a 'supporter' of a club would do that in the first place but I think they've made efforts to get on top of that now. Each turnstile has a person now scanning tickets rather than you just putting it in the self serving scanner. I guess some people still try it on but hopefully it's drastically cut it back. 

4 hours ago, WN83 said:

It beggared belief that a 'supporter' of a club would do that in the first place but I think they've made efforts to get on top of that now. Each turnstile has a person now scanning tickets rather than you just putting it in the self serving scanner. I guess some people still try it on but hopefully it's drastically cut it back. 

Been problems with the scanners at Leigh, especially reading the QR code on mobiles, sometimes the old methods are better, just employ a pensioner for a few quid to man the turnstiles as they used to do.