Happy Christmas

Happy Christmas, everybody.  (Hope your day gets better from here, BB!)

Just had a nice family present opening session made all the better by an accompanying glass or two of Blanquette de Limoux, which, in case you don't know of it, is a fizzy white from the home of the reigning Elite 1 champions, and which actually tastes of something, unlike that champagne and prosecco nonsense!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Just had a nice family present opening session made all the better by an accompanying glass or two of Blanquette de Limoux, which, in case you don't know of it, is a fizzy white from the home of the reigning Elite 1 champions, and which actually tastes of something, unlike that champagne and prosecco nonsense!

2 beers in chief and things are looking rosier 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

May I share your greetings with all on this forum. Without doubt this forum is the most reasonable and idea provoking read around. And mostly civilized.

But now to more important matters.

Blanquette is definitely that superb that it is alleged Dom Perignan even stole the method to make Champagne so famous a hundred years later.

I still have fond memories of drinking the stuff on draft at the bar on Limoux Square run by the legend Louis Bonnery. Got 6 bottles of it from Tesco this time around with 25% off. Sadly only have 2 left for New Year.....

Anyway  to all on here may I wish a Merry Christmas and  Happy New Year ( CC starts on 14th Jan !! )

• Like 4

12 hours ago, del capo said:

May I share your greetings with all on this forum. Without doubt this forum is the most reasonable and idea provoking read around. And mostly civilized.

Blanquette is definitely that superb that it is alleged Dom Perignan even stole the method to make Champagne so famous a hundred years later.

I still have fond memories of drinking the stuff on draft at the bar on Limoux Square run by the legend Louis Bonnery. Got 6 bottles of it from Tesco this time around with 25% off. Sadly only have 2 left for New Year.....

Anyway  to all on here may I wish a Merry Christmas and  Happy New Year ( CC starts on 14th Jan !! )

19 hours ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

On these recommendations it is going on the must buy list for 2024.

If you’re looking for something closer to home I can recommend Camel Valley sparkling wine from Cornwall.

Roughly 29-39 quid a bottle of various types of vintage champagne method fizz with that distinctive twang of English sparkling to it.

56 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

On these recommendations it is going on the must buy list for 2024.

If you’re looking for something closer to home I can recommend Camel Valley sparkling wine from Cornwall.

Roughly 29-39 quid a bottle of various types of vintage champagne method fizz with that distinctive twang of English sparkling to it.

How much???

Greetings from Yorkshire.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, JF1 said:

How much???

Greetings from Yorkshire.

Haha, compare it to the cost of a vintage bottle of champagne made the same way from France and you’ll realise it’s good value.

Also you’re supporting a family run business.

Mind you there’s a wine producer near Holmfirth these days that could be worth a look too.

On 25/12/2023 at 11:59, Fevrover said:

Christmas Harry Christmas!!! Have a good un.

And to you and yours Rover.

Sorry for the late reply.

FWIW and taking nothing away from London I was really looking forward to visiting POR again next season with the Leopard's, I know you get some adverse publicity from some quarters but I have always enjoyed my visits to Fev and having a good gossip with the locals in the Railway.

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, del capo said:

Of course, DC, there is a West Country school of thought that says that English cider makers knew and used the so-called champagne method long before its use for fizzy plonk across the Channel!

Thanks for the kind comments about debate on here, with which I agree.

• Like 1