SuperLeague+ Streaming Platform Launch

1 hour ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

If it gets close to the start of the the season and the Fire app isn't available I'm sure someone will be kind enough to upload the Android TV compatible .apk file so it can be sideloaded onto your device. 

I tried that with WatchNRL and it wouldn't work properly on a Fire TV Stick. Not all apps do. But SL+ would be worth a try.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

On the app, along the bottom there is a chrome cast link that comes up for me. It's not the standard casting logo that comes up on things like youtube

I'm not seeing anything like that. Are you using the Android app or the Apple one?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

27 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Mine is a google/android tv. Sony bravia. 

I had to make sure I searched for superleague+ in exactly that format. Not sure if that helps

My old Toshiba TV doesn't list the app as available, but it's fairly eccentric with most apps.

It'll be replaced later this year, so I can cope with things as they are until then.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

Yep IMG influence really starting to show now

Damn it, I knew we should have got rid of them before they started changing things... :kolobok_wink:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

That promo board is really pleasing on a number of levels. It looks really good and has a real quality feel. It is also a huge promo in Liverpool in an area with plenty of footfall. Most obvious though is the aim to create a personality with the focus on Jack Welsby and the Jack on the Box slogan.

Great stuff all round. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Strange that Now TV will get all games (not that I’m complaining as I have it). Getting Now TV vibes from the Super League+ app. What’s going on there?

Edited by Coggo

26 minutes ago, Damien said:

That promo board is really pleasing on a number of levels. It looks really good and has a real quality feel. It is also a huge promo in Liverpool in an area with plenty of footfall. Most obvious though is the aim to create a personality with the focus on Jack Welsby and the Jack on the Box slogan.

Great stuff all round. 

Very pleased to see it has been pushed everywhere today. A big launch campaign on multiple channels.

I've had push notifications from the RFL, clubs promoting it all over organic social. There's been paid for social, email, out of home advertising and that's just the stuff I've seen. So definitely gone big and it's all coordinated! It's like we've got some kind of marketing entity spinning wheels and bringing it all together behind the scenes.

The most pleasing part is the consistency across those channels. You can't help but tell it's all the same message from the same people.

Brilliant. The sort of stuff many of us have been seeking for years and years. 

Edited by tiffers
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, tiffers said:

Very pleased to see it has been pushed everywhere today. A big launch campaign on multiple channels.

I've had push notifications from the RFL, clubs promoting it all over organic social. There's been paid for social, email, out of home advertising and that's just the stuff I've seen. So definitely gone big and it's all coordinated! It's like we've got some kind of marketing entity spinning wheels and bringing it all together behind the scenes.

The most pleasing part is the consistency across those channels. You can't help but tell it's all the same message from the same people.

Brilliant. The sort of stuff many of us have been seeking for years and years. 

Interestingly nothing on the RFL's website, which is odd. 

The only thing I saw from them was a retweet of the SL vid. 

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

That perhaps speaks volumes about where the game has fallen down over the years and who is driving these improvements!

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Dave T said:

That is odd. Strange as they clearly are behind all of the linked data from our league accounts to the SL+ app log ins etc which would no doubt be more complicated than setting up some timed social media posts...

So is the Fire TV app confirmed as coming? I subscribed based on the press release saying it’s available on Fire TV.   I’d rather watch it in the lounge on TV than be relegated to my Mac in the office / man cave, which has a less comfy sofa!

Edited by Fly-By-TheWire

4 minutes ago, Fly-By-TheWire said:

So is the Fire TV app confirmed as coming? I subscribed based on the press release saying it’s available on Fire TV.   I’d rather watch it in the lounge on TV than be relegated to my Mac in the office / man cave, which has a less comfy sofa!

No answer on that yet, but I have tested it with a couple of archive videos and it can be used in the Fire TV's Silk browser via the website address.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Thanks 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Slightly disappointing that there isn't yet a clickable link in the match centre of the SL website to purchase the game live stream.

Hopefully that will come, but these are the details that make it easy to purchase and take money from people.

Appreciate at the moment the push is to sell annual subscriptions, but it will be dead easy to include a link, just as they do for "tickets" and push you to the club website to purchase. Same concept. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tiffers said:

Slightly disappointing that there isn't yet a clickable link in the match centre of the SL website to purchase the game live stream.

Hopefully that will come, but these are the details that make it easy to purchase and take money from people.

Appreciate at the moment the push is to sell annual subscriptions, but it will be dead easy to include a link, just as they do for "tickets" and push you to the club website to purchase. Same concept. 

They'd probably have over-exciting people taking out monthly subscriptions on launch day then bitching because it's nearly a month 'til the actual first live game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson