Barrow v Oldham Score Prediction

8 hours ago, ultimate roughyed said:

Very interesting game this one. It's always tough at Barrow but I'm going for a close Oldham victory. 

Barrow 12 Oldham 20

Don't think you are too far off with that. I was thinking Barrow 8 Oldham 18. 

Oldham by 6 but I reckon this is a very tricky game. Barrow are better than their results last year and we are still a brand new team still gelling especially in attack.  Think it will be very low scoring so i'll go Barrow 6 -12 Oldham. 

• Like 1

I know its still early days but I can defo see the Oldham team starting to gel and feel that they have a "statement win" in them and will give someone a good thrashing. Hoping it'll be Rochdale but can also see them beating Barrow (although a good side for sure), I reckon Barrow 10 - Oldham 30

2 hours ago, Bert Street said:

This optimism worries me. Never ends well.

Speaking as a 'Roughyed' for the last seventy years then the words "This optimism worries me. Never ends well" should be our club motto. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, ArthurO said:

Speaking as a 'Roughyed' for the last seventy years then the words "This optimism worries me. Never ends well" should be our club motto. 

What we ought really to predict is a brave rearguard action after two sendings off and a disallowed try, which is only foiled by a last minute winning drop goal for Barrow that goes over off both posts and the crossbar.

Edited by Bert Street
Grammar
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, clifford said:

And a stream train going past making a smog over the pitch and the ref calling it off, with minutes to play and losing the final reply. 

Oh yes that's already happened 

Or a try awarded against us when the guy's over the deadball line or one of ours disallowed because our wingers offside (not) 🙂

Edited by Jimmy DoNut
  • Like 1

On 08/02/2024 at 17:33, shaw llewellyn said:

Or on a more optimistic note it is the 79th minute. Score is 12-12 and the ball is passed to Kopczak on 4th tackle to drive to the posts. Instead he stops and knocks over a cheeky drop goal. 13-12 and the hooter sounds😁.

Play the ball right and be ready for the mud which barrow will be  and we should have a good chance, c'mon owdam 

I would have thought you would rest your stars for next weeks BIG game.

1-0 barrow with 80 min drop goal off the post…and a few one game suspensions and minor injuries requiring one weeks rest.

Have an enjoyable trip up there.

On 08/02/2024 at 16:14, clifford said:

and the ref calling it off, with minutes to play and losing the final reply. 

Not to mention the fact that the Hull K.R. thug, Harry Poole, smashed the bones in Dave Parker's face.  Sadly for him, and us, Dave was never the same player after that. 

I know. I was there. All three games (played at Leeds, Swinton & Huddersfield)

60 years ago.  And I still bear the mental scars.

• Sad 1