Dewsbury on Sunday

Expatknight

4 hours ago, Expatknight said:

I see Myler hasn’t made it into the preliminary squad again this week or Hingano so looks like Nikau Williams will be continuing pairing Harris in the halves

I know myler and hingano are high profile but Nikau Williams was the signing that exites me more 

21 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

I know myler and hingano are high profile but Nikau Williams was the signing that exites me more 

I know what you mean, I thought he was pretty good on Sunday, certainly didn’t look out of place and ran some good lines, plus he can kick. 

It's strange that Myler hasn't played yet. Is he injured because ive never heard it mentioned?

If we get beat tomorrow and there's some freak results in the 1895 like a draw between keighley and Bradford, which isn't impossible, then we wont have a game for 5 weeks until Doncaster.  Would Myler get thrown in to that with no game time?  Just seems strange that everyone else has played to work on combinations etc and the "star signing" hasn't.

I have heard some pub talk about a superleague club not far away from York looking for a experienced half as back up, they've already tried to sign Gale and it got me thinking especially as they wouldn't want a cup tied player. Hope not and probably overthinking and way off the mark but nothing would surprise me. 

38 minutes ago, rich f said:

It's strange that Myler hasn't played yet. Is he injured because ive never heard it mentioned?

If we get beat tomorrow and there's some freak results in the 1895 like a draw between keighley and Bradford, which isn't impossible, then we wont have a game for 5 weeks until Doncaster.  Would Myler get thrown in to that with no game time?  Just seems strange that everyone else has played to work on combinations etc and the "star signing" hasn't.

I have heard some pub talk about a superleague club not far away from York looking for a experienced half as back up, they've already tried to sign Gale and it got me thinking especially as they wouldn't want a cup tied player. Hope not and probably overthinking and way off the mark but nothing would surprise me. 

Pulled up in training apparently, nothing serious. 

I thought the same about the club that was in for Gale, it's rugby League, contracts mean nothing!

41 minutes ago, rich f said:

Do hope your wrong but nothing surprises me with contracts these days

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

On 09/02/2024 at 15:29, only 2 weeks away said:

I see we've excelled again with our fancy pants release of squad. 

2 numbers 12's playing, wonder if Dewsbury will notice🤫

Luckily for the marketing team they have you to point out there mistakes 👍

19 hours ago, only 2 weeks away said:

Pulled up in training apparently, nothing serious. 

I thought the same about the club that was in for Gale, it's rugby League, contracts mean nothing!

No point playing him if he's not fully fit and hopefully he doesn't have a clause in his contract if a super league comes in for him.

7 minutes ago, Clarence Street said:

I can't imagine what state the pitch will be in today with all the rain we've had. I can see it being a right old fashioned forward battle up the middle of the small pitch. It probably won't suit us at all. Hope I'm wrong! (Wouldn't be the first time!)

Proper rugby league then. Bring it on. 

18 minutes ago, Clarence Street said:

I can't imagine what state the pitch will be in today with all the rain we've had. I can see it being a right old fashioned forward battle up the middle of the small pitch. It probably won't suit us at all. Hope I'm wrong! (Wouldn't be the first time!)

The pitch is in very good condition.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

5 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

The pitch is in very good condition.

In comparison to the Somme, aye. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

3 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

In comparison to the Somme, aye. 

Underneath the water the grass is in fine condition.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Tough game today on a heavy pitch we ground out a result and positives were Josh Daley looked dangerous when he was on so hopefully his injury is behind him.

We did seem clueless in attack for long periods moving forward hoping we can play a settled half back pairing and give them chance to develop a partnership.

Dewsbury gave us a hard game and probably didn’t deserve to loose but will take it glad I went but it was bloody cold.

well we won , that was one tough watch , yes i know we had a lot of so called squad players in the team today but for me there is no replacement for talent , thought the club disrespected the comp ,dews and us paying speccies today.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

well we won , that was one tough watch , yes i know we had a lot of so called squad players in the team today but for me there is no replacement for talent , thought the club disrespected the comp ,dews and us paying speccies today.

We won against Championship opposition while missing a shedload of our key players.

When do you suggest we give the young lads valuable game time? Obviously can’t chuck them all in in the league cos it could cost us points, 1895 cup also gives us the IMG points whereas the Challenge Cup doesn’t really offer us much now sadly.

Hendo is playing the long game and there’ll be a time this season when we’re all glad he has cos we’d be chuntering a bucketful if we’d played Dagger, Harris and Myler, won by 30 but lost one of our best players for the season. 

• Like 4

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

On 09/02/2024 at 20:54, rich f said:

Come on, lads. keep up, Spoke to Richie at Newcastle - bit of a hammy strain.😊

7 hours ago, Clarence Street said:

I thought the groundsman got it spot on - bit of PVA in the watering can!

• Like 1

Job done in a competition that the club have made no secret about not being a priority. Hendo will have learnt plenty about some of his younger fringe back line that played today. And with that pitch as it was, it wasn't worth risking an ankle or knee of the more established backs and halves. 

Thought the forwards really showed up today - particularly Jordan and Jack - but they all put in some graft against a tenacious Dewsbury team that showed no quarter.

Sheffield will be another matter entitely in terms of opposition but i wouldn't be surprised if we see a similar team.

1 hour ago, Roger York said:

'clueless in attack for long periods'

Hmm, given the relative time spent on the pitch of our creative players, a couple of comments early in this thread would lead me to question your early conclusions, fellas.....  

Edited by andyacko
Qualify