Match thread: Challenge Cup 4th Round. Keighley Cougars v Featherstone Rovers. Sunday 25th February 2024.

21 minutes ago, POR said:

i''ve got to laugh whatever happened to

I’m very happy to be joining my boyhood club, my family are very proud that I’ll be playing for the team they support.  :kolobok_laugh1:

Meaningless words in the end but we don't know what goes off behind the scenes.

2 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Thanks i will give them a ring next week.Not trailing from Sheffield to pick it up.I will stick with Rovers until i am unable to drive if the worst comes i may have to use public transport and support Eagles.

Can't they post it to you  ?

Unfortunately that’s how DR works. It’s a parent child relationship. KR will cherry pick our best and up and coming players as they please. They’ll send players recovering from injury with an instruction to only play them for 40 minutes. The idea that we should look at their squad from 18 to 25 who are closest to their 17 and choose who we want  each week is a fallacy. They’ll decide who we have not us. 

39 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

If we’ve got a good transfer fee, that’s great business. 

If we fancy playing a pile of cash at stand off, then yes. I get that it's all about money and IMG points, but there has to be some on field product. Not sure I can cope with seeing Aekins, Bowes and Addy look lost at 6 alongside Lacans trying to organise, which isn't his game.

• Like 1

I am wondering now if I  have done the right thing and bought a season ticket.  I have supported Rovers all my life and seen some bad seasons, but I just wonder if this is going to be another one , as I see it more  problems just mounting up. No number 6, no goal kicker, no captain.  My trips away are going to be well down, and next season I shall not be renewing my S.T. But I can  then pick & choose when to watch a match.

Not opting out just being more careful with my hard earned pension.

1 minute ago, haskey said:

It will be interesting to see how many more supporters we are likely to lose.???

With nothing to play for and team not as dominant as past seasons i would think our attendances will drop by at least 30%. So about 1700 a game this season many bought early with a big chance of SL i honestly don't know how we will recover.

1 hour ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

If we’ve got a good transfer fee, that’s great business. 

Depends if the fee covers the potential lost revenue if we get off to a loosing start in the league due to only having one halfback on the books, and speccies loose interest. Time will tell, not that we'd be able to compare to the parallel universe where Reynolds stays.

That said, no point in keeping anyone who would rather be playing elsewhere.

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

30 minutes ago, haskey said:

It will be interesting to see how many more supporters we are likely to lose.???

Plenty have told me they aren't going this season, most because of no concessions.

In all honesty, the club are on a hiding to nothing when a player submits a transfer request. If they block his move, you've a very disgruntled player with the possibility of him being a disruptive influence and then the alternative is he goes and you have to fill his spot. Plus supporters very unhappy.

Think the club have made the correct decision. Any player who's not fully committed should go. Its happened  before and nodoubt will again.. just hope the club have something up their sleeve, could be a long season otherwise.

As others have said don't think he should be back on dr either.  

Wonder what chisssy's upto to....

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, lingaro said:

Chizzy will do

Wonder if he fancies a 3rd debut.

in all seriousness tho this could have a massive impact on us potentially making the play offs which is less money in the long run.

there’s a halves shortage everywhere and we’ve let a good one go 

2 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Can't they post it to you  ?

I asked that in the email or to leave it on reception and i would pick it up before the Wakey game.Not having a reply is poor customer practice.As an ex bookmaker i know the customer is more important than the manager without them you have no business,

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

I asked that in the email or to leave it on reception and i would pick it up before the Wakey game.Not having a reply is poor customer practice.As an ex bookmaker i know the customer is more important than the manager without them you have no business,

Not very professional is it ? They should be bending over backwards to help/ keep/ get supporters.

11 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Email replies have never been great imo. Best option is the oldest of schools (bar in person), phone and ask.

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

1 hour ago, Mark T said:

In all honesty, the club are on a hiding to nothing when a player submits a transfer request. If they block his move, you've a very disgruntled player with the possibility of him being a disruptive influence and then the alternative is he goes and you have to fill his spot. Plus supporters very unhappy.

Think the club have made the correct decision. Any player who's not fully committed should go. Its happened  before and nodoubt will again.. just hope the club have something up their sleeve, could be a long season otherwise.

As others have said don't think he should be back on dr either.  

Wonder what chisssy's upto to....

Totally agree - Its easy to blame the club but what can they do ?  It sounds like they tried to keep him initially.  I think comparisons with Briscoe's move to Leeds a few years back are way off.  If he comes back to us on DR he'll get no end of abuse.  I'll see to that. 

28 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

Totally agree - Its easy to blame the club but what can they do ?  It sounds like they tried to keep him initially.  I think comparisons with Briscoe's move to Leeds a few years back are way off.  If he comes back to us on DR he'll get no end of abuse.  I'll see to that. 

Even if he wins us games?

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

15 hours ago, Phil Briscoe said:

Unfortunately that’s how DR works. It’s a parent child relationship. KR will cherry pick our best and up and coming players as they please. They’ll send players recovering from injury with an instruction to only play them for 40 minutes. The idea that we should look at their squad from 18 to 25 who are closest to their 17 and choose who we want  each week is a fallacy. They’ll decide who we have not us. 

I don't think this is anything to do with DR whatsoever. Hull KR just happened to be the team who lost one of their major half backs before the season started and have been desperate to get another ever since.