showing the other scores live updates

8 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Why do you keep saying it's coming to people who are explaining that Canada and the US are behind what has happened already elsewhere?

I feel my anti gambling rant building! 

Within 8km of my regular suburban Canberra home, there are 6 “clubs” packed with gambling machines. Most of them are open almost 24/7. They are aligned with things like rugby league, lawn bowls, soccer, political party etc. In NSW they can also be aligned with returned soldiers organisations and even fill up entire rooms, or even floors, of pubs.

Must stop now..or I won’t stop.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Dave T said:

I think we are at crossed purposes. I wasn't disagreeing with your post.

The chat was about spoilers on Sky coverage, KM now claims his overall point is that we show every game to cater for betting companies. Which wasn't the point he made, nor relevant to the chat on whether Wilson tells us about a try 750 miles away when he gets time because a scrum is formed. 

That was my exact point!   That was my exact point!   That was my exact point!

Still confused?

"Jed Clampett: I reckon you done what you done because you didn't know we was who we was. And if we hadn't been who we was, we'd have still been much obliged for you to have done what you done."

11 hours ago, Copa said:

I feel my anti gambling rant building! 

Within 8km of my regular suburban Canberra home, there are 6 “clubs” packed with gambling machines. Most of them are open almost 24/7. They are aligned with things like rugby league, lawn bowls, soccer, political party etc. In NSW they can also be aligned with returned soldiers organisations and even fill up entire rooms, or even floors, of pubs.

Must stop now..or I won’t stop.

Exactly...its merging...that is my point.   I don't know why so many of the readers in the Northern UK are missing it...is it a geographical thing?

12 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Why do you keep saying it's coming to people who are explaining that Canada and the US are behind what has happened already elsewhere?

No they are not...they are ahead.

For example:  If I watch a soccer game from the UK there is advertising around the field and it changes every so often electronically on boards around the field.  Theses boards are real and border the field in actuality.

In pro hockey there is on line betting advertising on the boards but it changes every so often, but not on the boards in actuality, it is programmed (with the broadcaster and league due to a financial payment) in real time to present a false image/narrative to the viewer.  It is like the difference between creating a wet fresco and creating a dry fresco.....do you get it? Do you understand.

Canada is far ahead but it is coming there....that is my point.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Kayakman said:

That was my exact point!   That was my exact point!   That was my exact point!

Still confused?

"Jed Clampett: I reckon you done what you done because you didn't know we was who we was. And if we hadn't been who we was, we'd have still been much obliged for you to have done what you done."

Mate, I'm happy to draw a line under this and agree to disagree, but let's be clear about what's happening. People get sports gambling, nothing you've said is new or difficult to understand for anyone at all. 

It just wasn't relevant on a discussion about Sky commentators giving a spoiler in a match. It wasn't real time, it wasn't any of the smart technology that you refer to, it wasn't part of a betting segment or similar like they have on NRL coverage. Basically it was hangover from the past where they just give updates on what's happening round the grounds. 

The whole betting discussion one is interesting, but wasted here because it isn't the right thread. Maybe this discussion should have been on the recent thread where it was announced that IMG had bought the SL Gambling rights. 

But let's not make out this is some complex intellectual thing that people don't understand, it's just not relevant to what was being discussed. 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Dave T said:

Mate, I'm happy to draw a line under this and agree to disagree, but let's be clear about what's happening. People get sports gambling, nothing you've said is new or difficult to understand for anyone at all. 

It just wasn't relevant on a discussion about Sky commentators giving a spoiler in a match. It wasn't real time, it wasn't any of the smart technology that you refer to, it wasn't part of a betting segment or similar like they have on NRL coverage. Basically it was hangover from the past where they just give updates on what's happening round the grounds. 

The whole betting discussion one is interesting, but wasted here because it isn't the right thread. Maybe this discussion should have been on the recent thread where it was announced that IMG had bought the SL Gambling rights. 

But let's not make out this is some complex intellectual thing that people don't understand, it's just not relevant to what was being discussed. 

You've clearly missed my full meaning but I'm willing to let it go in the interest of posterity.

Maybe Sky could add it as a red button option. For me its not a problem, I quite like the scores being shown, it doesnt ruin anything for me even if I have recorded it.

gonna watch warr v hull gamelive tonite and hopefully london v cats game early in morn IF  they dont give away the score/result - if they do then I wont bother in the morning 

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

It is impossible for the British mind to understand how the tentacles of gambling can get into every aspect of the game.

• Haha 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

42 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Two screens again for me tonight, but starting on time, so no spoiler issues for me. Knock yourself out Woodsy! 

Like all mainstream Brits, I will have Dunkerque v Ivry on the laptop - I don't need to tell you how important that game is for my brave Dunkerque boys in their fight to stay in the Liqui Moly Starligue - and the London game on the telly. I will be properly annoyed if I don't get updates from the other, lesser, game going on.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

It hasn't had my full attention because Dunkerque edged Ivry 32:30 (HUZZAH MY LOVELY BOYS) but haven't noticed any updates about what is going on in any other game during Broncos v Catalans.

And the second I say that, up an in play graphic pops saying it's 6-6 in the other game ...

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wont get the chance to watch the knights v raiders match from today till tom evening - if sky feel the need to plaster the result of it all over my screen tonight or mention any thing  during the kr v wire  game then that's me done with sky and SL for the rest of the season - I cant let it ruin my NRL season this year- will be happy enough with NRL next day coverage to forfeit SL

18 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

I wont get the chance to watch the knights v raiders match from today till tom evening - if sky feel the need to plaster the result of it all over my screen tonight or mention any thing  during the kr v wire  game then that's me done with sky and SL for the rest of the season - I cant let it ruin my NRL season this year- will be happy enough with NRL next day coverage to forfeit SL

Sky have always thrown in mentions of the NRL matches anyway.

44 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

I have been in agreement that the broadcasters should avoid giving away the scores in other matches being broadcast at the same time, so that people could watch the other(s) later. But I think you may be stretching it a bit here with this point.

How long after the completion of a match do you think Sky should leave it before reasonably mentioning it on another game?

I think it is reasonable for them to mention tonight's score in tomorrow's coverage. For example tomorrow they may want to make a talking point out of Saints (potentially) trying to retake top place after Rovers/Wire overtook them on points difference.

Edited by Barley Mow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

Wasn't this game only on the NRL app. Have Sky ever given out results of NRL games they haven't shown?

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

Oh Johnny what a game … a classic . That last try was something else , and that mass brawl . Seen nowt like it . And that streaker . Amazing . Brilliant , that Meninga what a star 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

If  posts it on here will you quit this forum?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Spidey said:

He's probably gonna whine about sky showing the score from the Hull KR v Warrington match during the Hull KR v Warrington match next.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, dkw said:

He's probably gonna whine about sky showing the score from the Hull KR v Warrington match during the Hull KR v Warrington match next.

If he doesn't want to find out the score to the match he is currently watching, he can turn over and wait for them to tell you.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Spidey said:

why post horrible like this? - sad - and the reason people do really quit and go in a different direction - because of online bullys and trolls like you - but its ok cos they are left wing and trendy

• Like 1