Brits in the NRL: 2024 Edition

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Armstrong grabbed the opportunity with both hands. A great debut!

I think the studio pundits said he made more metres than any debuting player in the club's history.

It certainly looked like it.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, JM2010 said:

How is Lewis Murphy getting on? Any chance of him making his debut this season?

Played his 4th cup game this weekend, been unlucky with injury but hopefully he’ll be fit for the rest of the year. Been playing really well got a try this weekend and he’s really damaging from the kick returns. Was very close to debuting against Newcastle but Junior pauga has been ahead of him. Hopefully not long until Trent Robinson realises how talented he is. 

Dominic Young earns a spot in this week's NRL team of the week.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2024/04/29/hero-halves-star-in-round-8-team-of-the-week/

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Man of the match performance from Elliot Whitehead, 2 tries and a terrific flick pass try assist. Also Smithies with 42 tackles 0 missed. 

Dom young currently playing aswell and playing very good.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, NRLandSL said:

Man of the match performance from Elliot Whitehead, 2 tries and a terrific flick pass try assist. Also Smithies with 42 tackles 0 missed. 

Dom young currently playing aswell and playing very good.

Brilliant pass back inside by Young in that game.

58 minutes ago, dkw said:

Brilliant pass back inside by Young in that game.

It was.

At the end of the season, I wonder if Young will have more assists for Manu tries than Manu will have for Young tries.

Manu is a very good player but not for his winger, he either doesn't have the skill set to execute a 2 on 1 or doesn't care to.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Lewis Murphy didn't play for the Roosters today with Tate I'm 18 on the wing.  Has Murphy suffered an injury setback?

On 04/05/2024 at 11:33, Dunbar said:

It was.

At the end of the season, I wonder if Young will have more assists for Manu tries than Manu will have for Young tries.

Manu is a very good player but not for his winger, he either doesn't have the skill set to execute a 2 on 1 or doesn't care to.

have said this from the start - manu is one of the best players in the game - but a bad pairing for young - who needs  passing to to score tries - manu is just like carl gibson - brilliant centre but you would hate to be his wing partner

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Morgan Smithies fined for a crusher in the Sea Eagles game.

To be honest, I think he is very lucky.  He put the player in a very dangerous position and was much more of a deliberate action than many crusher tackles.

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

Morgan Smithies fined for a crusher in the Sea Eagles game.

To be honest, I think he is very lucky.  He put the player in a very dangerous position and was much more of a deliberate action than many crusher tackles.

Not sure how it will work with his uk record but I can definitely see the Aussies completely ignoring that and only taking into account his NRL disciplinary record. Which would give him a clean slate to work from. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bobbruce said:

Not sure how it will work with his uk record but I can definitely see the Aussies completely ignoring that and only taking into account his NRL disciplinary record. Which would give him a clean slate to work from. 

Just as well or it would have been a 4 match ban!

James Graham saying on NRL 360 today that Souths have been illegally approaching players in Super League, including St Helens' George Delaney. James said this will hurt Souths chances of actually signing players from St Helens.

1 hour ago, eal said:

James Graham saying on NRL 360 today that Souths have been illegally approaching players in Super League, including St Helens' George Delaney. James said this will hurt Souths chances of actually signing players from St Helens.

Dodgy south’s back at it again. Wouldn’t want Delaneys career wasted at such a terrible club aswell.

Herbie Farnworth back for the Dolphins this weekend.

• Like 1

On 07/05/2024 at 13:43, Dunbar said:

Herbie Farnworth back for the Dolphins this weekend.

thrown his career away by leaving the budding broncos set up - oh well

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

thrown his career away by leaving the budding broncos set up - oh well

Aye, I’m sure he’s gutted to be at the fourth placed Dolphins, who only last week announced that they have 31000 members in just their second year……all without having to move house. 

Edited by philipw
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, philipw said:

Aye, I’m sure he’s gutted to be at the fourth placed Dolphins, who only last week announced that they have 31000 members in just their second year……all without having to move house. 

And be able to make more money away from the salary cap challenged broncos.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, philipw said:

Going quite well considering people on here stated that Manu doesn’t pass to his winger……

He didn't.  Look how good a combination they are when he does get Young away.

Herbie Farnworth and Dom Young pick up Dally M points this week in their side's respective victories.

2 hours ago, Dunbar said:

He didn't.  Look how good a combination they are when he does get Young away.

yer- think robinson has had a word with manu to start off loading more