Fri 22nd Mar-Sun 24th Mar: The Betfred Challenge Cup Sixth Round Match Thread

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It's rubbish. Really not good enough tbh. 

It doesn't look like anyone's interested, fans, broadcasters, clubs. 

Maybe because the interest in the Challenge Cup has been declining for ten years or more?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

12 minutes ago, Roy Haggerty said:

Where are the Leeds fans? That stand is empty!

Maybe they've finally got sick of that *@!--😡 drum and trumpet and are boycotting matches.

I've turned the sound off again because it drives me insane. I don't understand how anyone puts up with it.

I can only hope Saints win by a big margin to stop the inane drumming.

• Like 4

It’s grim coverage. The wide angle always seems slightly out of focus. The ref’s Mike sounds like the distortion from ‘video killed the radio star’, and while I think the woman commentator is trying hard, Kev Brown, bless him, has the most soporific voice in rugby league. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

Whenever anyone points this out, the answer from Leeds fans is that there are thousands inside in hospitality.

I imagine trying to shift a couple of thousand corporate tickets with two weeks notice to clients was a difficult sell.

Just now, Leeds Wire said:

Maybe they've finally got sick of that *@!--😡 drum and trumpet and are boycotting matches.

I've turned the sound off again because it drives me insane. I don't understand how anyone puts up with it.

I can only hope Saints win by a big margin to stop the inane drumming.

I've done the same, it's awful.

Commentary also sounded like they're commentating through a phone while watching the game on a tablet in a garage!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Roy Haggerty said:

It’s grim coverage. The wide angle always seems slightly out of focus. The ref’s Mike sounds like the distortion from ‘video killed the radio star’, and while I think the woman commentator is trying hard, Kev Brown, bless him, has the most soporific voice in rugby league. 

the womans voice seems to keep trying to burst in to cilla black mode - effin dreadful

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Glad to see everyone's enjoying the game.

• Haha 4

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

Has anyone managed to find the commentary on HKR v Salford, cos I can't get it anywhere.

https://www.rugbyleagueontv.com/radio 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

Has anyone managed to find the commentary on HKR v Salford, cos I can't get it anywhere.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_humberside

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

If I was picking tv games in this round this would be the last one I’d pick 

The round featuring two of the most successful sides of the last 20 years?

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

There's a game?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

It's a billion times better than the Leicester v Gloucester union game we tuned into before kick off. But even that doesn't make it good. 

We were laughing out loud at it. At least our players have basic skills. 

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

If I was picking tv games in this round this would be the last one I’d pick 

Luckily none of the games are on TV

Shame the game signed a contract that meant a clash between the two most successful clubs of the era would get the same treatment as the amateur games in round 1.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

The round featuring two of the most successful sides of the last 20 years?

Who we see play all the time . Show Batley and Castleford . Just imo summat distintinctive to the cup 

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 2