John Asiata completely vindicated on appeal.

7 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Have you found the evidence yet, where you state he has been banned previously for this type of tackle? Or do we take your statement as complete fabrication?

What is weird, it wasn't just that he got off - quite rightly, there was no other decision to give - it was about Wilkin and his comments live on TV.

I don't think you'll get too much disagreement about Wilkin being an idiot tbh. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

I think some fans need to be careful before celebrating a victory here. We have seen Saints win certain appeals which may be a victory on technical grounds but reasonable people don't agree with them. 

These are unorthodox tackles, genuinely nobody else in SL seems to be tackling regularly like this, they are often reckless and whilst he may win the odd case because of a disagreement about point of contact being a few centimetres here and there, these are risky tackles. 

I think phiggins is right, the focus here should be about him improving his tackle technique rather than celebrating techonal 'wins'. 

I don’t think Leigh have appealed anything, more than just prove a point that under the current rules, the attempted tackle wasn’t illegal ?

Was it ugly? Yes

Is John Wilkin Ugly ? Most definitely. 

It will be interesting to see what the ref does next as I can name a good few players ( and one in particular who plays for Saints) who can tackle just like Asiata. 

I think the game is cleaner as a result but still a lot of work to do. 

6 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Have you met Harry? Agree with him and he'll still argue with you.

• Haha 6

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

I don’t think Leigh have appealed anything, more than just prove a point that under the current rules, the attempted tackle wasn’t illegal ?

Was it ugly? Yes

Is John Wilkin Ugly ? Most definitely. 

It will be interesting to see what the ref does next as I can name a good few players ( and one in particular who plays for Saints) who can tackle just like Asiata. 

I think the game is cleaner as a result but still a lot of work to do. 

Saints won their appeal against Morgan Knowles' tackle so he could play in the Grand Final when he put the Salford players' arm in a dangerous position. I think they appealed twice before getting somebody to agree that the arm wasn't in a dangerous position. It was absolutely a technical win for them, but I'm not a big fan of that. 

I don't think the disciplinary is covering itself in glory on these technical cases at the moment, not sure if it's them or the legal wording that is stitching them up. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Terrible pundit. Sounds like Harry Enfield's Kevin the Teenager character at times. When he was talking about the Asiata tackle, he was close to making a decent point, but it was drowned out by his sulky, mouth frothing delivery.

• Like 1

Just now, phiggins said:

Terrible pundit. Sounds like Harry Enfield's Kevin the Teenager character at times. When he was talking about the Asiata tackle, he was close to making a decent point, but it was drowned out by his sulky, mouth frothing delivery.

When he first started at the BBC on SLS and CC broadcasts purely as a studio pundit I thought he was actually not bad and was a bit of a refreshing change at the time. Since he's moved to sky though there seems to be a deliberate effort to be more controversial and argumentative as soon on Monday night football with Carragher/Neville/Keane etc but as you say it comes off sulky and petulant these days. He needs reigning in significantly by sky 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Have you found the evidence yet, where you state he has been banned previously for this type of tackle? Or do we take your statement as complete fabrication?

What is weird, it wasn't just that he got off - quite rightly, there was no other decision to give - it was about Wilkin and his comments live on TV.

I said banned previously due to poor technique. It's weird how you are trying to change what I actually said.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Usually I agree with most you say Higgy but not this time, like many on these pages - *who are silent now, and the many Saints fans in the ground no doubt fuelled by Wellens last year - you to seem to be proving Asiata guilty before he has done anything.

* there are 8 replies of 190 views.

Ah yes, a little like the 9 page Hardaker thread were you made a total of 1 post, indeed the last post on the thread 6 days after it was started and once everyone else had stopped.

Pot, kettle, black springs to mind.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Following the game at St Helen's were he was dismissed from the field after 30 odd seconds, so in such a tight game the call from the referee Liam Moore could well have had a bearing on the result as he has been deemed to have got that decision wrong by the judiciary panel.

Another point from that incident was the goggle eyed vociferous rant by Jon Wilkin very much Paul Wellenesq against the same player last season for a couple of incidents by the same player who again was totally vindicated for his actions, I believe Paul Wellens received a fine for his outburst, so what about Wilkins even after having the 'rulings' explained live on air by Brian Carney to tell him Asiata did nothing wrong still went on with his 'Character Assasination' towards Asiata, this is not the first time that Wilkin has been at the centre of delivering very controversial comments, surely the RFL should be making a formal complaint re this mans conduct to Sky to get him removed.

I just had a quick peek at the disciplinary thread when Morgan Knowles was cleared of twisting the arm of Chris Atkin to see if you posted that Knowles had been completly vindicated on appeal.

No, instead you typed "I honestly would not mind if some newshound actually reported and screened on national TV the ongoings of the last week with the manipulation of the Bateman ban and this total abhorrent saga concerning Knowles, and show the country just what a complete shambles this game is in".

Well, colour me surprised.

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

7 minutes ago, Damien said:

I said banned previously due to poor technique. It's weird how you are trying to change what I actually said.

No it isn't, have you ever thought of becoming a spin doctor anyone who read what you said at the time of writing knew what you meant, but once again you can't back up what you stated, as @Sports Prophet said a few weeks ago get your facts correct.

Anyway what poor technique has he banned for previously? Pray tell.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I just had a quick peek at the disciplinary thread when Morgan Knowles was cleared of twisting the arm of Chris Atkin to see if you posted that Knowles had been completly vindicated on appeal.

No, instead you typed "I honestly would not mind if some newshound actually reported and screened on national TV the ongoings of the last week with the manipulation of the Bateman ban and this total abhorrent saga concerning Knowles, and show the country just what a complete shambles this game is in".

I was correct then and I am correct on this instance.

11 minutes ago, Damien said:

Ah yes, a little like the 9 page Hardaker thread were you made a total of 1 post, indeed the last post on the thread 6 days after it was started and once everyone else had stopped.

I saw no point in commenting on the Hardacre thread, I would have banned him.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Damien said:

Seems like you are good at looking back, please find where Asiata has been banned for bad technique as you state for anything not only leg tackling.

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

No it isn't, have you ever thought of becoming a spin doctor anyone who read what you said at the time of writing knew what you meant, but once again you can't back up what you stated, as @Sports Prophet said a few weeks ago get your facts correct.

Anyway what poor technique has he banned for previously? Pray tell.

I am not interested in arguing with you Harry or your pathetic attempt to tag others in a lame attempt to come to your aid and pile on. Pathetic.

Asiata is careless and lazy with his technique. You disagree and that's fine. I however think Phiggins has it spot on with his analysis. There is no more to add than that.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Shock, horror 🤣

19 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Massive surprise to see the tin foil hatted one being a hypocrite....

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I admire your self confidence. 

As I tell my daughter, you can be anything you want to be.

• Haha 5

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Edited by Dunbar

1 hour ago, RigbyLuger said:

Waiting for Degsy to ban Wilkin from the LSV next. 😃

Would be great if he did though 😩

I would pay to watch that Mon waffle outside of Morrisons giving his spin on a game he hasn’t watched. 

He might be more bloody accurate ! 😂😂

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

The simple question I guess is.

Why is Asiata being cleared of foul play a vindication of the player and yet Knowles being cleared of foul play abhorrent?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I saw no point in commenting on the Hardacre thread, I would have banned him.

No you wouldn't, you would have banned the wrong person.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Damien said:

Harry's boycotting that particular coffee shop.

• Haha 5

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

Too many people forgetting the basic rules of this forum in here.

Disagree all you want, but don't make personal attacks, or respond to them either.

I can't be bothered trying to salvage it.

Locked.