Friday 29th March : SL : Hull Kingston Rovers v Hull FC KO 12:30pm Sky Sports Action/Main Event

Who will win?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Hull FC

4 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

KR are playing some dumb rugby. 

Like they thought it was done . Lots of side to side and pretty stuff in front of the defence in this half 

1 minute ago, StandOffHalf said:

The comms haven't really mentioned the elements. I think the wind blowing FC downfield is a big factor in the shifting fortunes here.

I think that's part of it, and Hull have improved a lot, and Rovers have dropped off

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bratman said:

I think that's part of it, and Hull have improved a lot, and Rovers have dropped off

Hull much better this half so far,like a different team.

11 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

A marker diving on the ball when there is no dummy half should really be a penalty (to FC in this case).

Don't think that's right?
"If the player marking the tackled player at the play-the-ball dives behind the tackled player in order to drop on the ball as it is heeled, they are guilty of a voluntary tackle and should be penalised. If there is no acting half back it is permissible for a player to dive behind the tackled player and drop on the ball after it has been heeled provided that, unless tackled, they immediately regain his feet."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

A marker diving on the ball when there is no dummy half should really be a penalty (to FC in this case).

How long do we wait around after the play the ball before anyone else is allowed to pick it up? 2 mins? 5? Not the defender’s fault that the dummy half wasn’t in place on time 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Worzel said:

How long do we wait around after the play the ball before anyone else is allowed to pick it up? 2 mins? 5? Not the defender’s fault that the dummy half wasn’t in place on time 

Exactly this. If you dive round when there’s a dummy half there, you’re interfering. But if the attacking side are so clueless as to not have a dummy there, then it’s fair game. 

• Like 1

I thought Ese'ese was pushed over after getting up there. The KR player behind him in the ruck used his shoulder.

I think this interpretation about regaining feet to PTB should apply when the player stands up and then falls over after playing the ball without an opposition hand on him - i.e. not in control of his feet. I think the way things are allows players in and around the ruck a second effort to push down players getting up to their feet.

Fair play to Hull, look a totally different side this half. Could the half time in this game be the turning point of Hulls season, it's certainly given them signs of hope and something to build on

8 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Don't think that's right?
"If the player marking the tackled player at the play-the-ball dives behind the tackled player in order to drop on the ball as it is heeled, they are guilty of a voluntary tackle and should be penalised. If there is no acting half back it is permissible for a player to dive behind the tackled player and drop on the ball after it has been heeled provided that, unless tackled, they immediately regain his feet."

Yes, I was wrong on that one.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Looks to me like Smith’s answer is staring him in the face in that half. It’s hard to keep your foot on the gas after you score 6 tries in the first half, so there’s that, but they had much better go-forward and defence in the 2nd half.

Charles looks like a player eh. 

• Like 2

Some spirit from FC with the wind behind them there in the second half. A few glimmers to cling to for them.

I thought KR were very ordinary for the first 30 minutes of that second period, but FC didn't quite manage to get back into things.

2 minutes ago, Worzel said:

Looks to me like Smith’s answer is staring him in the face in that half. It’s hard to keep your foot on the gas after you score 6 tries in the first half, so there’s that, but they had much better go-forward and defence in the 2nd half.

Charles looks like a player eh. 

Forced in to changes at hooker and half back and it improved the go forward. Suprise! suprise!

Us fans have been asking for it.

But he keeps flogging Houghton.

Edited by jacksy
  • Like 1

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

3 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Yes, I was wrong on that one.

Yes but I think I know where you’re coming from because I think I’ve seen that penalised in the NRL 

1 hour ago, meast said:

It's embarrassing that a club the size of Hull look like championship club in the big city derby.

They might as well just forfeit the game, they are a rabble, a shambles.

You wouldn't blame Tony Smith for walking away from this lot.

“This lot” is mainly down to him.

Just now, DavidM said:

Yes but I think I know where you’re coming from because I think I’ve seen that penalised in the NRL 

The key is if there is an acting half back in place or not.  If there is an acting half back (even if they have switched off) a marker can't dive on a ball after the play the ball.

If there isn't an acting half back, a marker can dive on the ball as long as they try to get to their feet after (or they are immediately tackled).

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

9 minutes ago, PoorhousePete said:

In any other game, that would be called  a demolition. Considering the pressure on both sides going in, I reckon both can come out feeling good about the result.

I am sure Smith will find some positives despite the heavy defeat. It runs in the family.