If picking an England team Now

Is same as, or has anyone shown form or emerged from nowhere to claim a spot?

Welsby

Young

Farnworth

Wardle

Johnstone

Williams

Smith

Walmsley

Clarke

McMeekin

Whitehead

Pearce Paul

Smithies

Lewis

Radley

T Burgess

Havard

• Haha 3

Whitehead is done isn’t he? Bateman to replace him. But I’d see Walters really pushing hard when he is fit and playing at Wigan. 

Straight shoot out between Clarke, Walker and O’Neill for No9. All cracking players. 

On the flip side, we need to start producing some big props… it’s now the position I think we are most lacking in bizarrely. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GeordieSaint said:

Whitehead is done isn’t he? Bateman to replace him. But I’d see Walters really pushing hard when he is fit and playing at Wigan. 

Straight shoot out between Clarke, Walker and O’Neill for No9. All cracking players. 

On the flip side, we need to start producing some big props… it’s now the position I think we are most lacking in bizarrely. 

Walters is way off being an international IMO.

Handley must be in contention for a wing spot?

• Like 2

1.Welsby
2.Makinson
3.Farnworth
4.Young
5.Johnstone
6.Williams
7.Smith
8.Walmsley
9.Clark
10.McMeeken
11.Bateman 
12.Pearce-Paul
13.Knowles

14.Walker
15.Burgess
16.Thompson
17.Radley

Wardle, Newman, Lewis and others just missing out.

Incredibly strong back line, Solid foward pack too. All round very very good team. A side definitely capeable of beating the Aussies and the kiwis.

Edited by NRLandSL
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OMEGA said:

Welsby

Young

Farnworth

Wardle

Johnstone

Williams

Smith

Walmsley

Clarke

McMeekin

Whitehead

Pearce Paul

Smithies

Lewis

Radley

T Burgess

Havard

Smithies over Knowles and Radley ?

He’s a very solid player but I’d still put them two and maybe even Minichella above Smithies for the meantime. 

Motivation would be difficult for a squad without a fixture list, and anybody based down under would be automatically excluded because they have "more important" NRL games to think about.

Edited by Hopie

Olly Wilson is definitely worth a shout at prop, he's been sensational for us this year, 92% tackle rate, 0 penalties conceded, 20 tackle busts and nearly 8m gain per carry, there can't be many better form English props than Olly.

I'd definitely pick him, as i would Mikey Lewis if only for his energy and enthusiasm.

Jake Wardle, Dom Young and Jack Welsby would be definite picks too.

53 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Walters is way off being an international IMO.

Walters is going to rip it up at Wigan. Some proper coaching and playing in a quality team will rapidly improve his obvious potential. I was gutted when he signed for Wigan. Exactly the type of mentality and attitude we need in our second rowers playing against Australia, New Zealand, Samoa et al. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Yeah, I thought EW had called it a day and 100% with the big prop shortage.

Clarke, no.

18 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Yeah, I thought EW had called it a day and 100% with the big prop shortage.

Clarke, no.

No Daryl Clark, that’s a strange call. Why not, and who would you select over him?

I think Bateman is coming to the end as well so I'd be looking in another direction although I'm not sure who.

"At times to be silent is to lie. You will win because you have enough brute force. But you will not convince. For to convince you need to persuade. And in order to persuade you would need what you lack: Reason and Right."

1 hour ago, GeordieSaint said:

Walters is going to rip it up at Wigan. Some proper coaching and playing in a quality team will rapidly improve his obvious potential. I was gutted when he signed for Wigan. Exactly the type of mentality and attitude we need in our second rowers playing against Australia, New Zealand, Samoa et al. 

We’ll see, I’ve not seen anything from him to say he’s an international class second row. He has played his best games at prop, his lateral defence isn’t good enough for SR IMO.

3 hours ago, OMEGA said:

Welsby

Young

Farnworth

Wardle

Johnstone

Williams

Smith

Walmsley

Clarke

McMeekin

Whitehead

Pearce Paul

Smithies

Lewis

Radley

T Burgess

Havard

Havard's form has been really impressive 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Charlie said:

We definitely have a top prop shortage. Some decent props about but when you compare to the ausy and kiwis. We definitely need another Sam b or peacock enforcer type 

People discounting james harrison at warrington 

22 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

On props, Wigan have Havard, Hill, Thompson and Dupree (and Byrne and Eseh), who could be internationals (again for 2 of them)  one day. 

Definitely got potential to really step up 

Kruise Leeming could be in the mix as a backup hooker.

Walmsley and Burgess are getting on so the younger props need to step up, Oledzki has been disappointing but there is still time for him to come good.

Keep an eye on Noah Stephens from St Helens.

Everything under the sun is in tune

But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

4 hours ago, daz39 said:

Olly Wilson is definitely worth a shout at prop, he's been sensational for us this year, 92% tackle rate, 0 penalties conceded, 20 tackle busts and nearly 8m gain per carry, there can't be many better form English props than Olly.

I'd definitely pick him, as i would Mikey Lewis if only for his energy and enthusiasm.

Jake Wardle, Dom Young and Jack Welsby would be definite picks too.

Wilson would already be a shoe in if he played for certain other teams, one of the best props in the league right now but there must be Wigan or St Helens reserve that hasn't been picked yet 🙂 

• Like 1