Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Stobart sponsorship deal & truck spotting

• Please log in to reply
383 replies to this topic

#61 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:09 PM

I'm up to three now. The latest two were spotted on the M11, Cambridge (Wakefield I think) and in a lay by on the A57 at Worksop (hudds/Crabtree!)

I saw the Huddersfield one this evening at M62/M60 J17, on the opposite carraigeway heading further into Lancashire.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#62 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,018 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:36 PM

I've reserved judgement on the Stobart deal - I'm not a SL fan, but I am a RL fan and I hoped it would be good for the game. I drive approx 30K miles per year. Consequently I pass a lot of Stobart trucks. I haven't seen one advertising our game. I drove from Leeds to Birtley (just outside Newcastle) and back today - I saw a least a dozen Stobart trucks. Not one advertising RL. Yesterday though in a customer's reception I did see this
http://www.director....tents_2012.html
Makesyou think. We've given our game away to a nebulous concept of free publicity, and it appears we're not really getting any. The RFU have tied up with a financial organisation and got their name in front of those who are the movers and shakers in our country. Given that as Clare said on her programme today that sport and betting have been bedfellows since forever, personally I don't see what would have been wrong about accepting sponsorship from a bookie. After all we had a bookie running the game at one point.

Edited by Trojan, 17 February 2012 - 06:37 PM.

"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#63 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:08 PM

Sometimes just to be able to have an article like that, in the main stream press that spouts dubious to say the least phrases would be worth its weight in gold for RL. However, for all I like Lewis and the jury is definitely out with Wood I can't see it happening.
He even admits RU gets 10 times more column inches in the papers than it should expect. Lewis and Wood should study that article and openly ask themseles are they doing the same for RL.

Edited by shaun mc, 17 February 2012 - 11:09 PM.

#64 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,018 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:20 PM

After all we had a bookie running the game at one point.

And don't you blame him for the plight of the game and your clubs misfortune.

Lets get him back if you think he's so good.

As for the trucks, your so blind you wouldn't see one of it parked on your drive.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#65 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,018 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:02 AM

And don't you blame him for the plight of the game and your clubs misfortune.

Lets get him back if you think he's so good.

As for the trucks, your so blind you wouldn't see one of it parked on your drive.

I never said I thought he was good, I said we seem to suddenly have some moral objection to bookmakers when less than twenty years ago we had one in charge of the game - but yes I do blame him for the plight of the game - that has absolutely nothing to do with his being a bookie and everything to do with the fact that he obviously couldn't have organised a party at the famous premises on Hunslet Road, Leeds.Ask the fans of Preston NE.
"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#66 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,753 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:44 AM

I saw my first one yesterday at J6 heading south on the M42. To me delight, it was the Saints one resulting in a rendition of 'You Light Up My Senses'. It was the highlight of the week (as slow one at that!)!

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#67 matt newsholme

matt newsholme
  • Coach
  • 897 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

saw three on m6/m74 on thursday. saints,hullkr and salford. and saw a wakey one a few days earlier on m62. thing people need to remember is that they are only wrapping ten trailers a week. so at moment theres only 30 out there. sighting will get more common as the they do more trailers.

#68 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:10 PM

Saw one parked up at Stobarts depot on the A1 outside Worksop on Friday evening.

The RFL should be backing this up with some online display work targeting key demographics and interests as well as retargeting users who have visited RFL web inventory.

#69 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 972 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:06 PM

Group shot of captains again Southbound on M1 at Junction 28 in Derbyshire - that's becoming a regular spotting site!

#70 burnleywelsh

burnleywelsh
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:23 PM

I work on the motorway network around Manchester. Have been looking out for them since the deal announced. Have been disappointed at not seeing any until today. Two spotted within 5 minutes of each other at J 21 M62, Milnrow, of all the clubs, Catalans going Eastbound and Broncos going West ! Who says expansion is not working !

#71 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:28 PM

I work on the motorway network around Manchester. Have been looking out for them since the deal announced. Have been disappointed at not seeing any until today. Two spotted within 5 minutes of each other at J 21 M62, Milnrow, of all the clubs, Catalans going Eastbound and Broncos going West ! Who says expansion is not working !

Just about all the ones I've seen (listed in my sig) have been between J17-J21 of the M62. Stop working and look out more. :rolleyes:

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#72 ShotgunGold

ShotgunGold
  • Coach
  • 858 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:41 AM

I refuse to believe that any of you have seen any Super League lorries without PICTURES!

Camera in one hand, drive with the other = it's that simple guys!!!*

* ShotgunGold will not be held responsible for any crashes you might sustain

Edited by ShotgunGold, 19 February 2012 - 05:43 AM.

#73 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:15 AM

Just seen the Leeds truck outside Milton Keynes in the M1.

#74 brooza

brooza
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:44 AM

I saw 3 on the A1 on Friday

Kevin Sinfield crossing the A1 just outside Peterborough
Eorl Crabtree heading down the A1 just outside Colsterworth
Widnes Vikings lorry heading down the A1 just outside Blythe

I refuse to believe that any of you have seen any Super League lorries without PICTURES!

All off in opposite directions unfortunately, two heading southbound and one heading east to west
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#75 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,842 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:24 AM

First one spotted his morning - Castleford one, stuck in traffic, anti-clockwise on the M60 at the Swinton Interchange, sadly couldn't get a picture off in time my lane was flowing freely!

#76 Grinner13

Grinner13
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:16 AM

Driving from Leeds to Glasgow yesterday, saw no less than four on the M6 between Kendal and Beatock. Passed Huddersfield and London, and saw Warrington and Cas going the other direction all in the space of about an hour and half.

#77 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,642 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:50 AM

Widnes Vikings lorry heading down the A1 just outside Blythe

poor choice, Matty will have thrown him in touch.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#78 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,521 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:57 PM

poor choice, Matty will have thrown him in touch.

:laugh: Marvelous, absolutely marvelous.

#79 dogthebountyhunter

dogthebountyhunter
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:37 PM

Well then, if you haven`t seen any in a 3 hour journey away from the RFL heartlands then its obviously massively failed. Might as well paint over them all with adverts for Hula Hoops.

Never seen any rugby league trucks in five rugby league club area Devon......

Though I have seen 2 Hula Hoops trucks this week.

Imagine if in 1895 they had internet forums.............rugby league would not exist!

#80 mmp

mmp
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:51 PM

Camera in one hand, drive with the other = it's that simple guys!!!*

* ShotgunGold will not be held responsible for any crashes you might sustain

my passenger took got a pic on M62 as we came back from the Widnes game yesterday. I've seen 5 now
In Bury or North Manchester? Interested in Rugby League? Check out the Rugby League in Bury web-site: http://www.pitchero....bs/burybroncos/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users