Newcastle Thunder make bold statement

They'll probably make it a "By application" refund. You'd have to be pretty cold to bankrupt your own club.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

It will be insured, but don't know if they will get enough of an uplift in sales to make it worthwhile. I've seen a few football clubs do similar, Charlton offered money if they got promoted, it was very successful and they won an award for it. I prefer that style - supporting the team and less likely to give money back (therefore requiring less uplift in sales).

to be fair to them, they're really going for "come at least eighth or bust"

and then come 5th in the playoffs

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

In reality they are banking that instead of coming 9th, as they did last season, they'll come at least 8th. Hardly an earth shattering prediction given that they have upgraded their squad.

Good luck to 'em - I think a vibrant and growing club in Newcastle can only be a good thing.

Reminds me of when Blackpool offered a bonus per player for each point scored against Gateshead. They ended up winning 138-0, getting a big points deduction for breaking the salary cap and folding at the end of the season (Note: the latter 2 May have occurred anyway but the gimmick didn't help)

It isn't much different to the following 'offer' made by Bradford Bulls

http://www.totalrl.com/bradford-offer-free-season-tickets-2018-promoted/

But with current discontent being shown on social media by Bradford not honouring earlier purchases of 10 years season tickets,it may fall a little flat.

It always seems a little risky looking so far into the future...

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Looking at this logically then they must fa cy their chances...

Out of the teams that finished above them..

The 2 Cumbrian clubs replacing Rochdale and Toulouse..both of whom were strong

Isn't haven in trouble?

York aren't even on the fixture list but if they make the start line they will be drastically different squad..

Toronto are an unknown force but should be in the mix.

Cru struggling for a home ground? And changed coach...

So looking at it there is possible Workington, Toronto and Keighley, and solars who should finish above them.

I am not including Leeds reserves...

Cru struggling for a home ground? And changed coach...

Absolutely we are NOT struggling for a home ground. North Wales Crusaders WILL be playing our League 1 home games at the Queensway Stadium, Wrexham

And we have signed Mike Grady as head coach and Johnny Leather as Assistant Coach. Together they have already secured 25 players for 2017 season.

Perhaps we are not the League beaters we were in 2013, but that season, a season in the Championship and blatant financial mismanagement by our ex-CEO has landed us in the mire we were in last season. And thats why the Fans are forming a Supporters Trust to facilitate an independent income stream for the Club and part-ownership of the Club.

Good luck to our friends at Thunder, they are showing ambition and o doubt they'll make the top 8. After that all bets are off and getting to the top 5 would be a huge improvement on their 2016 season.

Our head coach, Mike Grady,  has already stated his aim for 2017 - to get into the top 8... only 6 places left!!

Absolutely we are NOT struggling for a home ground. North Wales Crusaders WILL be playing our League 1 home games at the Queensway Stadium, Wrexham

And we have signed Mike Grady as head coach and Johnny Leather as Assistant Coach. Together they have already secured 25 players for 2017 season.

Perhaps we are not the League beaters we were in 2013, but that season, a season in the Championship and blatant financial mismanagement by our ex-CEO has landed us in the mire we were in last season. And thats why the Fans are forming a Supporters Trust to facilitate an independent income stream for the Club and part-ownership of the Club.

Good luck to our friends at Thunder, they are showing ambition and o doubt they'll make the top 8. After that all bets are off and getting to the top 5 would be a huge improvement on their 2016 season.

Our head coach, Mike Grady, has already stated his aim for 2017 - to get into the top 8... only 6 places left!!

Apologies for presuming... however I didn't say cru were in trouble just that they won't challenge to finish higher due to disruption behind the scenes and having a new home ground...well done on securing!

I have always wanted cru to do well and I think they are a sleeping giant!

Any genuine rugby league supportes should be delighted at what both North Wales and Newcastle have/are trying to achieve.Both appear to be more solid that some more established clubs I could mention,who go from one crisis to another.

Should be another big weekend for Newcastle,with the return of Magic.Has the amateur game developed to any significant basis,via the two Clubs.I dont just mean in terms of establishing new open age clubs but also schools,wheelchair,colleges,women etc and in deed in just the general level of knowledge/awareness.

Any genuine rugby league supportes should be delighted at what both North Wales and Newcastle have/are trying to achieve.Both appear to be more solid that some more established clubs I could mention,who go from one crisis to another.

Should be another big weekend for Newcastle,with the return of Magic.Has the amateur game developed to any significant basis,via the two Clubs.I dont just mean in terms of establishing new open age clubs but also schools,wheelchair,colleges,women etc and in deed in just the general level of knowledge/awareness.

In North Wales the amateur game (open age) had its best season in 2013 with 5 teams competing in a North Wales Conference. However teams have waxed and waned but I'm hopeful that 2017 will see some improvement. Mike Grady and Johnny Leather have already attended their first meeting of North Wales Rugby League and have outlined their desire for a player pathway - getting local players involved with the hope of one or two making the step to semi-pro rugby. It should have happened over the past 6 years but didn't. I'm more hopeful some development will now take place.

North Wales Crusaders are running U16 and U18 and have challenged other teams in North West Counties and proved themselves against tough opposition.

North Wales Crusaders have been fielding a wheelchair RL team for the past 4 seasons and are now one of the Premier Division teams in the national leagues.

Touch rugby league is also a popular session for those wishing to play but avoid full contact.  The Schools programme has been hugely successful and hundreds of children have tried the game. Our next stage is to re-introduce street rugby in partnership with North Wales police.

Unfortunately trying to gain recognition is proving difficult. BBC Wales are less than helpful but there has been some success with S4C television some behind the scenes footage and covering Wales v Serbia recently.  There is a regular Rugby League Show programme on our local community radio but is difficult to overcome the media bias towards football and rugby union. So my guess is that the general level of awareness is not as great as it could be.

Good Luck to Newcastle. Like London Skolars they have made progress. And will continue doing. I just do not have time for Oxford, Hemel and Coventry. Being on a level playing field with traditional Clubs like Barrow, Keighley, Doncaster etc.

Good Luck to Newcastle. Like London Skolars they have made progress. And will continue doing. I just do not have time for Oxford, Hemel and Coventry. Being on a level playing field with traditional Clubs like Barrow, Keighley, Doncaster etc.

What is your problem with Coventry? 

Coventry are not very good tbh. They were only ever in the bottom division of the Conference league. Their ground is nowhere near up to scratch. I just feel sorry for the established Clubs trying to sell sponsorships and attract extra fans in against them 3 teams who do not have a chance of winning. Nothing personal. Results prove it.

Er ......what?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Coventry are not very good tbh. They were only ever in the bottom division of the Conference league. Their ground is nowhere near up to scratch. I just feel sorry for the established Clubs trying to sell sponsorships and attract extra fans in against them 3 teams who do not have a chance of winning. Nothing personal. Results prove it.

Coventry beat North Wales Crusaders in 2016 season and are a team I'd describe as steadily improving. They seem to be to be an excellently organised club, have a great website and seem to be doing all the right things. I'm amazed you think their ground is not up to scratch - have you been there?  Its a great ground with superb facilities and put some other grounds in the shade. I visited in 2015 and was made most welcome by the home supporters. There is a real family feel to the ground.

I'd suggest you visit next season - I think you would change your opinion once you've been

Archived