What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nearly an hour of prime Lehrer, from 1967.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

This takes a little while to get going, but that's okay - it is worth it. 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

14 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Seems like a good place to go to get completely bladdered. And then set fire to things while dressed as a pirate.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Oh my days, this band is ridiculous. How can just 3 people achieve this level of noise? His voice is amazing too. This should go down well with the rockers on here - like a cross between Led Zep and The Cult. The 2nd tune here (9 to 5) is a blast.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Once upon a time, in a parallel universe, before he became America's most prominent race-baiter and anti-Semite, Louis Farrakhan played in calypso bands as Louis Walcott, "The Charmer."

My mum just played her final (barring emergency call-ups) concert for the Scarborough Symphony Orchestra. She'll carry on playing with the rehearsal orchestra she started in her home town, so she's not entirely retired.

Here's a professional recording of the final piece she played - Kodaly's Peacock Variations - and it is a beauty. A great way to bow out.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Like 2

Ralph Waldo Emerson