Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

3 hours ago, Ullman said:

The Beast from the East having a bit of fun with Bridlington harbour wall.

Blimey!

Douglas harbour on the Isle of Man was a right old mess after high tide. 

The wind over the last 48 hours has been horrendous.  I woke to a scene of destruction in my back yard this morning, which is a first.  Usually just a plant has been blown over but my little greenhouse was destroyed, as were some of my carefully tended plants. :(

An hour to get home (usually 15 mins) tonight.  The Range Rover in front doing 15mph didn't help. 

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

On 3/2/2018 at 3:20 AM, ckn said:

Although I do feel sorry for those folk caught in the snow in their cars, all I can think of is the red and amber warnings and “are they thick?”

Too many clips of stranded people with no supplies, water, blankets or even a warm coat and then grumbling that others should be doing more for them. 

Come on, surely if you choose to drive in a weather warning then the consequences are yours. The more severe the warning, the more care you take. 

Don't forget that emergency candle, shovel, food ration, emergency light, whistles and, in the USA, handgun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saintslass said:

Who needs 'Game of Thrones'? The people of Brizzle can stage their own epic battle scenes!

• Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Who needs 'Game of Thrones'? The people of Brizzle can stage their own epic battle scenes!

You have to get out there and enjoy the weather!

That's the snow gone round these parts bar a few residual bits in the coldest shadows.

I'm surprised we've not seen flooding warnings given the amount of snow that's melted.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

The beast from the east has taken its toll on the Holderness Coast lobster population .

Mainly small juvenile Lobsters washed up dead on the beaches but a few berried females , sad sight . 

Also Dover sole , Thornback Rays , Wrasse , Ling , Buzzers , weavers , Star Fish , Lug worm , Velvet , shore crab .

IMG_20180304_115458 (2).jpg

IMG_20180304_123010.jpg

Get the frying pan and the butter!

• Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

56 minutes ago, henage said:

The beast from the east has taken its toll on the Holderness Coast lobster population .

Mainly small juvenile Lobsters washed up dead on the beaches but a few berried females , sad sight . 

Also Dover sole , Thornback Rays , Wrasse , Ling , Buzzers , weavers , Star Fish , Lug worm , Velvet , shore crab .

IMG_20180304_123010.jpg

Just been a piece on Look North about it. Literally thousands of them have been washed up.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Quite a few have been collected from the waters edge , hopefully can be saved . Lobsters are quite hardy so fingers crossed .

The ones in my pictures are about half way up the tidal range and have been dead for at least 12 hours . 

4 hours ago, henage said:

What a great shame.  Hopefully the stocks won't have been too depleted. 

• Like 1

On 27/02/2018 at 10:54 AM, Bleep1673 said:

39804134534_aa491c057a_k.jpgDSC06099 by David  Hesketh, on Flickr

40472026282_beb1316dd0_k.jpgDSC06102 by David  Hesketh, on Flickr

40472023652_340f0fe914_k.jpgDSC06094 by David  Hesketh, on Flickr

St leonards-on-Sea seafront 0845 this morning

Awful pictures from me, I only realised when I got back after posting them I still had my camera on shutter priority, and it was set on fast, I should have allowed a bit more exposure, as I wouldn't be the first to expose anything on St Leonards sea front!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, henage said:

IMG_20180304_123010.jpg

You thought that was bad ...

... take a look at this!

39 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

But at least, from the text of the Tweet, it does look like enough of them are sufficiently saveable to make the effort worthwhile.

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Saintslass said:

Some rubbish on twitter . 80% of the lobsters on the beach are juvenile , commercial fisherman who need a licence to land shellfish only land lobsters that measure 87mm from eye socket to back of the the first shell . Yes they are concerned about future catches but lobsters this size are years and years away from been mature enough to catch . Good to see people working together and helping a local industry . Im down again on the beach tomorrow between shifts see if I can help out . The power of mother nature is truly amazing .