Sign in to follow this  
ckn

Random internet link of the day

image.png

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

This channel is a lot of fun.

• Haha 1

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

and

:)

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Having spent my whole working life doing chip design, absolutely loved this old Horizon program from the 1970s - especially the quotes from various Trade Unionists - and the Swiss watch industry being wiped out by Digital watches...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p01z4rrj/horizon-19771978-now-the-chips-are-down#

(Those outside the UK can probably find it on Daily Motion.)

5 hours ago, JonM said:

Having spent my whole working life doing chip design, absolutely loved this old Horizon program from the 1970s - especially the quotes from various Trade Unionists - and the Swiss watch industry being wiped out by Digital watches...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p01z4rrj/horizon-19771978-now-the-chips-are-down#

(Those outside the UK can probably find it on Daily Motion.)

Was it you that invented crinkle cut chips and curly fries then?

Ron Banks

Bears and Barrow

13 hours ago, Bearman said:

Was it you that invented crinkle cut chips and curly fries then?

:tongue:

I'm the one that's responsible for all those idiots walking down the street looking at their phone instead of where they're going.

I read this on The White Rose Forum and chuckled.

"I do love cricket - it's so very English". - Sarah Bernhardt (on seeing a game of soccer)

• Like 2

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Another reason why Kansas City may not be an ideal holiday location.  Their airport security staff are probably just a bit, well, anal:

picdump_1414_14__800.jpg

• Haha 1

It just has to go here, not starting a new cross-code thread just for this.

The inhumanity of it, that nasty big bully of a player tried to mess up the hair of that harmless, innocent fly half. He could have dirtied his shorts in many ways if he'd actually made contact!

image.png

• Haha 1

image.png

• Haha 2

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Harrodsburg. Select the thumbnails option (bottom right) for the full horrors.

The Merriam-Webster Time traveller. Find out which words or phrases are the same age as you!

Anthony Gellings' latest Tweet has a video of him exorcising the demons in his underwear. God bless him, but the lad's crazed. :biggrin: