Challenge Cup Final: Leeds Rhinos v Warrington Wolves

ckn

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds
    • Warrington
    • Draw

Leeds 0 Wire a billion.

Ok, not really then. Fairly high scoring encounter, lots of errors due to nerves with the Whinoes pipping it 28-26.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

3 Grand Final wins on the bounce show Leeds don't bottle the big games anymore.

We, sadly, still have a tendency to, but have won at the new Wembley, will Wembley experience count on the day?

I can see it being down to the odd goal, or even drop goal, hopefully with us as winners, but if not, just hope Silverwood isn't an issue in the final analysis.

I'll enjoy the day/occasion, Wires win will be icing, but not world ending if 3 times Champs Leeds take our cup, we then have to take their title...(which we want anyway. ;) )

30-29, to either.

Edited by goldcard

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

Shaping up to be the best final in decades on paper. Full house, two big name clubs, world class players on show on both sides.

Hard to pick a winner, very close matchup! But Wire will just pip it I feel, with Peacock missing I think we will win it.

You've just got to look at the bookmakers odds to see just how tight they feel the game will be. I honestly couldn't call this one, i just hope it doesn't go down to a bad decision from the ref or video ref that decides it. Let's just hope the game lives up to all the hype and is a great advert for Rugby League.

You've just got to look at the bookmakers odds to see just how tight they feel the game will be. I honestly couldn't call this one, i just hope it doesn't go down to a bad decision from the ref or video ref that decides it. Let's just hope the game lives up to all the hype and is a great advert for Rugby League.

Agree 100%

Here's to a great final (pray to god we're not let down after all the hype)

Potential for a very high scoring match.

Best wishes to all Rhino's and here's to a wonderful Wembley Weekend.

May the best team win.

There will be both pre- and post-match coverage on the red button, probably due to Formula 1 coverage taking up so much of the BBC's time.

From the red button schedule:

• 1330-1405 Pre-match analysis ahead of the Rugby League Cup Challenge Cup Final between Leeds and Warrington.
  • 1630-1700 Post-match forum following the Rugby League Cup Challenge Cup Final between Leeds and Warrington.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Myler dropped.

Wire team: Mathers Riley Atkins King Hicks Briers Monaghan Morley Clarke Carvell Westwood Louie Harrison. Subs: Wood Higham Solomona Vinnie

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Nerves kicking in, my son has got here from Warrington, all systems go.

Guy with our tickets knows to look for me 13:25, Wembley Stadium station.

Told him I'll be the 1 in the Wires shirt.... ;)

Hope neither side freezes on the day now.....

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Myler dropped.

Wire team: Mathers Riley Atkins King Hicks Briers Monaghan Morley Clarke Carvell Westwood Louie Harrison. Subs: Wood Higham Solomona Vinnie

Wendy just died a little inside.

Oh Ritchie Myler, the only man in Widnes without a Cup winners medal...

Wendy just died a little inside.

Oh Ritchie Myler, the only man in Widnes without a Cup winners medal...

Actually, there's feckin thousands of 'em..... ;)

Edited by goldcard

Shurrup!

:P

I'm tipping Wire will regret dropping Myler and Cooper,

Myler has been criticised for only being a support player but i think that is underestimated, the ability to sniff out a try is an art and not everybody can do it.

Cooper has been playing well and can create second phase play, i would've dropped Higham and Vinnie Anderson, two players who are on their last legs and contribute very little imo.

Everything under the sun is in tune

But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

Told him I'll be the 1 in the Wires shirt.... ;)

Should be easy enough to spot, I don't think Wire are taking that many, tbh :P

Edited by brooza

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

I'm tipping Wire will regret dropping Myler and Cooper,

Myler has been criticised for only being a support player but i think that is underestimated, the ability to sniff out a try is an art and not everybody can do it.

Cooper has been playing well and can create second phase play, i would've dropped Higham and Vinnie Anderson, two players who are on their last legs and contribute very little imo.

There's always next year... :dry: