Saints dummy spitters Graham and Wilkin

Think James Graham and Jon Wilkin's antics were the black mark on the Grand Final, behaving like Soccer players in backchatting to ref and disputing decisions endlessly.

Next season the refs have got to spell it out, any continuous backchat and its 10 mins in the sin bin. We are heading down a path like Soccer when players are starting to gang up and show no respect for the officials.

It needs eradicating from out game.

Indeed. Anyone apart from the captain should not be able to question or talk to the ref unless pointing out an injury. Just like in the amateur game. And then he should be referred to as"sir". Bring back some manners into our game and show the rest of the sporting world how to behave.

I'm not mad but I am...

Donkeys forever, forever Donkeys!

One thing we don't see these days is teams being marched back 10.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I'll start by saying I think James Graham is a fantastic player,who has for the third year running been the forward who has gained most metres in SL. He would be a huge asset to any team he plays for, is not a dirty player and I'm pretty sure most fans on here wouldn't be too upset if he played for their own team.

However this backchatting to the ref for every decision he disagrees with, is an element creeping into his game which is both costly for the team and ugly to watch.

Opponents will have already taken notice that he's being rattled and will exploit it more often unless he can curb his temper. This is costing Saints in penalties conceded,and you could argue that whatever metres he makes going forward are nullified if he's giving metres away via the penalty count.

I hope the new coach can bring James back "online", and next year we see more of the old James Graham than the current angry one.

One thing we don't see these days is teams being marched back 10.

Happened in one of the playoff games,can't remember which one though. But, it is ideed very rare these days.

Bring back Steve Ganson, that's what I say. He never stood for back chat from anyone. B)

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

In this case I think we need better refereeing. It was a final and some of the decisions Graham was livid over he had every right to be. I'm not saying the referee was biased because he wasn't and that would detract from a comprehensive Wigan victory, but this really needs to be addressed. Possession is everything in Rugby League.

Happens at all levels of the game and its probably unfair to just single out the two players named in the thread title, we really don't need to see it, but its becoming more and more of a feature.

Happens at all levels of the game and its probably unfair to just single out the two players named in the thread title, we really don't need to see it, but its becoming more and more of a feature.

agree its unfair to single out 2 players

Wellens is a jumped up little gimp as well.

it needs sorting now and the Ref is in charge, stamp it out now.

Happened in one of the playoff games,can't remember which one though. But, it is ideed very rare these days.

Bring back Steve Ganson, that's what I say. He never stood for back chat from anyone. B)

It happened to Halifax at the HJ last Sunday.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

In this case I think we need better refereeing. It was a final and some of the decisions Graham was livid over he had every right to be. I'm not saying the referee was biased because he wasn't and that would detract from a comprehensive Wigan victory, but this really needs to be addressed. Possession is everything in Rugby League.

Two or three Sts players were offside at the KO as they anticipated the short one. If the ref sees this then Graham has nothing to whinge about and Wigan have the vital possession.

rldfsignature.jpg

No he didn't. He has to accept the refs decision.

He can be livid if he wants. But he has to keep it in his own head. Outwardly, accept the call and move on. IMO backchatting is a sign of weakness from a player.

I emailed Mr Cummins at RFL headquarters about this some time ago. Not surprisingly I am still awaiting a reply.

Maybe they just don't care!!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

He can be livid if he wants. But he has to keep it in his own head. Outwardly, accept the call and move on. IMO backchatting is a sign of weakness from a player.

Perhaps referees would do well to remember Robin Whitfield and Jeff Grayshon.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Think James Graham and Jon Wilkin's antics were the black mark on the Grand Final, behaving like Soccer players in backchatting to ref and disputing decisions endlessly.

Next season the refs have got to spell it out, any continuous backchat and its 10 mins in the sin bin. We are heading down a path like Soccer when players are starting to gang up and show no respect for the officials.

It needs eradicating from out game.

First of all, I agree something needs to be done.That said, you always let yourself down by targeing the same players. :rolleyes:

Perhaps referees would do well to remember Robin Whitfield and Jeff Grayshon.

Nobody wants to remember Robin Whitfield.

Not to excuse Jeff but Whitfield's performance that day was surely the worst in the history of the game.

And when they found our shadows

Grouped around the TV sets

They ran down every lead

They repeated every test

They checked out all the data on their lists

And then the alien anthropologists

Admitted they were still perplexed

But on eliminating every other reason

For our sad demise

They logged the only explanation left

This species has amused itself to death

No tears to cry no feelings left

This species has amused itself to death

for me graham should have been sent off, there is no room in rugby league for bratish behaviour such as he displayed.

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

The accurate description I believe is ; petulance. This is prevelent throughout Grahams and in the younger generation that is following it to an even greater degree.

Until we return to a disciplinary course for the children that follow, this kind of behaviour, being deplored in this case, will only grow and grow.

Everyone know's the answer to the problem yet the trend to let kids rule and continue to be evermore disruptive continues.

Acting this way is becoming the norm rather than the exception, for never being chastised means that such conduct is only to be expected, when that does occur.

I'll start by saying I think James Graham is a fantastic player,who has for the third year running been the forward who has gained most metres in SL. He would be a huge asset to any team he plays for, is not a dirty player and I'm pretty sure most fans on here wouldn't be too upset if he played for their own team.

However this backchatting to the ref for every decision he disagrees with, is an element creeping into his game which is both costly for the team and ugly to watch.

Opponents will have already taken notice that he's being rattled and will exploit it more often unless he can curb his temper. This is costing Saints in penalties conceded,and you could argue that whatever metres he makes going forward are nullified if he's giving metres away via the penalty count.

I hope the new coach can bring James back "online", and next year we see more of the old James Graham than the current angry one.

6 minutes and 48 secs in. Watch him stamp on the back of Pat Richards leg. Just as bad as Masons on Fielden a few weeks back.