The TV Thread

New Ricky Hatton documentary 

It was decent 

Shame that between fights he couldn't avoid destroying his body ...that really seemed to be what cost him 

Also confirmed what a horrible character Floyd Mayweather is 

It might have been me but did it really nail the reason for his mental health issues.....he had them before the first loss it sort of intimated but it was never really laid out 

4 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Does anyone know who that bloke is on the Hotel Benidorm trailer on Channel 5 that is wearing a Wigan shirt?? 

Just Browny. :kolobok_biggrin:

• Haha 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 17/08/2023 at 19:51, Futtocks said:

The source material for Nathan Barley was written by Charlie Brooker as part of his TVGoHome website. The character was a black hole of narcissistic opportunist self-regard and the whole thing was a vicious satire of what have now come to be called "influencers".

The TV adaptation, on the other hand, was absolutely terrible. Badly written, badly cast and badly acted.

Nah....I quite liked Nathan Barley actually ....like you say very prophetic of influencers 

This week. I watched Wales v Latvia at soccerball on S4C. The channel was still on that telly next morning. Kids progammes (Cyw) was on airing a show called Ahoi. It featured Pirate Ship with a bunch of pre-school kids playing the crew. I can't speak Welsh so couldn't follow the dialogue.However, the show was the best thing I've seen so far this week. It was brilliant.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

I just re-watched the pilot episode of Vic'n'Bob's House of Fools. Still mad.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Something that will delight a particular subset of TRL members.

• Like 2

Ralph Waldo Emerson

A YouTube channel worth bookmarking/subscribing to: SuperCutHero

Other channels have had bits of these classic TV comedy shows on, but the AV quality here is really good compared most other and there are lots of videos to enjoy, from Kenny Everett, Not the 9 o'Clock news, Smith & Jones, Dave Allen and more.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I've been thinking about reading the Hornblower novel series so when I was in the local community charity shop earlier and saw the complete boxset of the tv films for just £2, I decided to get it. I've never seen the show before but I love other similar things and I must say I was not disappointed. I've watched the first one and it was fantastic! 

28 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I've been thinking about reading the Hornblower novel series so when I was in the local community charity shop earlier and saw the complete boxset of the tv films for just £2, I decided to get it. I've never seen the show before but I love other similar things and I must say I was not disappointed. I've watched the first one and it was fantastic! 

Are these the ones starring Ioan Gruffudd and HH?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

It's that time of year when we all suddenly find out what's on non-sports TV on Thursday and Friday evenings.

I expect a spike in complaints. 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 22/09/2023 at 22:52, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Wish I was in that charity shop . Couple of years back I gave a big dvd collection to a local charity shop and I’ve regretted it from not long after . Hornblower and Sharp boxsets were among them . Brilliant 

• Like 1