The TV Thread

I just found out that The Water Margin is available to watch on Amazon's Freevee streaming service.

• Thanks 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Masters of the Air on Apple from today.

It has a lot to live up to after Band of Brothers and The Pacific.

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

3 hours ago, Futtocks said:

I just found out that The Water Margin is available to watch on Amazon's Freevee streaming service.

"Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?"

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 26/01/2024 at 12:17, Bedford Roughyed said:

Masters of the Air on Apple from today.

It has a lot to live up to after Band of Brothers and The Pacific.

2 episodes in and its very good.  

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

The 1966 Batman movie is currently on Talking Pictures TV. A brightly-coloured bit of silly (but comprehensively-labelled) fun for a grey January day.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Masters of the Air is excellent.  

• Like 1

On 27/01/2024 at 16:48, Futtocks said:

The 1966 Batman movie is currently on Talking Pictures TV. A brightly-coloured bit of silly (but comprehensively-labelled) fun for a grey January day.

"Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cunk’s Quest for Meaning - coming soon.

Philomena Cunk says: “To be honest I thought we could cover the meaning of life in a 30-minute episode, but the producers said we might need a bit longer and that I could probably go to America if we did a special. I’m very excited to be going to America for free.”

Charlie Brooker says: “What sort of quote do you want for your press release? I haven’t got time to think about this, I’m late for a Zoom. Oh for God’s sake. Okay, just print something bland like "I’m thrilled Philomena is returning to our screens to help us uncover the meaning of life” - that’ll do. Now go away and leave me alone. I said go away. Go! Leave! Why are you still standing there? You’re freaking me out now. Get out. GO.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tonight at 9:05pm on BBC4, Mel Brooks: Unwrapped.
With the aid of the BBC archive, Alan Botney and Mel Brooks embark on an unpredictable journey through the city of stars, meeting the legendary Carl Reiner along the way.

Followed by a 50th anniversary showing of "Blazing (you couldn't broadcast that these days, you know!) Saddles".

Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 hours ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Lazing about this afternoon I watched again - for the umpteenth time - what I consider to be the greatest comedy sketch I have seen.

Just two words ‘Andrew Preview’.

I enjoy watching the orchestra's reaction. They absolutely love it!

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Local Hero (1983) is on Film4 at 4:55pm this afternoon.

Always a delight.

• Like 2

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Space Shuttle That Fell to Earth on BBC2, is an excellent documentary. 

On 12/02/2024 at 00:08, Futtocks said:

I enjoy watching the orchestra's reaction. They absolutely love it!

It always amuses me that one of the best lines, IMHO, from Andre Previn seems to be missed by the audience.

When Eric is explaining to Andre that he cannot see Andre’s cue for when to start playing the Piano, Eric asks ‘Can’t you wear high heels’.  The audience start laughing and you can just about hear Andre reply ‘Again!’.

4 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I still remember that tragic day quite vividly.

Horrific sight, the sort of thing you never forget.

• Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

My missus watches Love Island  and I hate that show with the he narcissist young along with other reality tv BUT I couldn't help to having sneaky looks throught the door with one of the contestants who was called Joanna Chimonides but sadly she was voted out and was one of the few who seemed less plastic.

It's still a show.

Edited by EggFace