The TV Thread

14 hours ago, EggFace said:

The BAFTAS YUK what a load of self importance Paul Anka's this lot are.....never heard of some of the stars and movies that won but ###### off something British like Saltburn not getting anything.

I often find the only people that watch award shows like the BAFTAs, etc are those that are generally interested in the actors/actresses/musicians or those that just want to have a moan about something related to it all.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched The Marlow Murder Club ... available on Sky and terrestial channels. Lightweight but humorous and pretty good.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Posted (edited)

Shogun on Disney is a succulent Japanese epic.  No signs of any Judo, but I'm sure they know it well.

(its really good)

Edited by Bedford Roughyed
  • Like 2

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Masters of the Air update - first 6 episodes were great, the last 2 so so.  It feels like they are a couple of episodes short so the pacing gone a bit off.

Could do with a historical context series alongside.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

• 2 weeks later...

I have just finished watching the two part documentary called “The Exiles Secretly Deported”.

It’s the story of hundreds of Chinese seamen who worked for the Merchant Navy during wwii and had settled in Liverpool.

Late in 1945 they started to disappear from their homes and were never seen again. The story is quite shocking on how the men and their families were treated by the british government. It is so so sad. 

Boy swallows universe an Australian drama about a young lad from a family caught up in drug dealing.

only a couple of episodes in but cracking so far. 

Master of the Air - Great until episode 6 then a rushed last 3 episodes.  Pacing was all over the place and storylines either shoehorned in or abandoned.  

Shogun - Really good.  5 Episodes in and it's very very good.  

• Like 1

Has anyone watched The Last Kingdom

I've started reading the novels and just halfway through the first I've fallen in love with it already. Always been a Bernard Cornwell fan and as ever his writing is top quality, so I've looked into the series and found I can get the boxset for £40.

So is it worth getting? 

55 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I've started reading the novels and just halfway through the first I've fallen in love with it already. Always been a Bernard Cornwell fan and as ever his writing is top quality, so I've looked into the series and found I can get the boxset for £40.

So is it worth getting? 

We enjoyed watching the series and would recommend them. Think they are on either Netflix or Amazon prime if you subscribe? As with all series, the first two are the best of the bunch. 

• Thanks 1

On 22/03/2024 at 06:43, The Hallucinating Goose said:

So is it worth getting? 

I enjoyed the series.  Taught me more about that time in history than school ever did.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ivans82 said:

Passenger on ITV at the moment . lots of scenes in dark scary woods and a story line that hasn`t quite gelled yet , will stay with it but at the moment it`s a bit out there .

I think this is the series, on bbc breakfast, they said if you liked Happy Valley you'll like this. Well I liked Happy Valley and was thinking about watching this. Might wait to hear a bit more before starting it now. 

21 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I think this is the series, on bbc breakfast, they said if you liked Happy Valley you'll like this. Well I liked Happy Valley and was thinking about watching this. Might wait to hear a bit more before starting it now. 

All i can say is , it is not anywhere near the class of Happy Valley ,it is dark , off the wall and if anything more like the Michael Sheen thing set in Wales that was on a few weeks back .

On 26/03/2024 at 09:56, ivans82 said:

Passenger on ITV at the moment . lots of scenes in dark scary woods and a story line that hasn`t quite gelled yet , will stay with it but at the moment it`s a bit out there .

I’ve no idea what’s going on , maybe that’s the point 

On 22/03/2024 at 06:43, The Hallucinating Goose said:

So is it worth getting? 

Seeing my sister hectored me non stop to watch it ( she watches that and Game of Thrones on a loop ) I’ve started watching it . I’m half way through season 2 .