15 hours ago, ckn said:

You can have both!

I have both Blazing Saddles & Life of Brian. Plus Young Frankenstein

• Like 1

Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

On 9/1/2018 at 9:36 PM, Johnoco said:

I have seen a few adverts for the new series of the X Factor and the new judges. I recognise Robbie Williams but have absolutely no idea who the other 2 are.

I understand that's me not being up to speed BTW

I bumped into  "Celebrity" Impossible the other night and didn!t recognize 90% of them , join the club. 

I will most definitely be buying this! :biggrin:

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

I will most definitely be buying this! :biggrin:

Edge of Darkness mentioned there . I still rewatch that . Bob Peck great actor . Smileys People another one 

• Like 1

I m really surprised that there have been no comments about the BBC2 film Mother's Day! Very moving and thought provoking.

2 hours ago, bazzzz65 said:

I m really surprised that there have been no comments about the BBC2 film Mother's Day! Very moving and thought provoking.

I’ve not yet watched this yet. Hope to soon. 

It’s my hometown and I was about the same age as one of the victims at the time

3 hours ago, John Drake said:

Ok, the really big news is here... television is saved.

Doctor Who returns on 7th October! Sound the fanfares!! :biggrin:

On a Sunday evening, ooh, now that's new.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/entries/a0f9fe6c-8981-4cfb-a1f1-7165bae27370

More often than not I’d be catching up at some point on a Sunday anyway so no problems for me ??

I see there's a new twist on Coronation St with that woman who was in The Office getting down to a bit of lesbian action with Sally's daughter!!

How shallow do they think I am?

Is it on Thursdays too BTW?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I finally started a genuinely serious attempt to watch Game of Thrones last night, after being repeatedly nagged by friends telling me how amazing it is and that I don't know what I'm missing.

I've never made it to the end of the first episode before, but I did this time, so only another (checks internet) 67 to go.

When does it get good?

47 minutes ago, John Drake said:

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I finally started a genuinely serious attempt to watch Game of Thrones last night, after being repeatedly nagged by friends telling me how amazing it is and that I don't know what I'm missing.

I've never made it to the end of the first episode before, but I did this time, so only another (checks internet) 67 to go.

When does it get good?

Best tv programme ever in history . End of !

cant do game of thrones- or the well worn out dr who claptrap - a bird with Bradley walsh as the assistant? jeeez - no thanks.

the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

cant do game of thrones- or the well worn out dr who claptrap - a bird with Bradley walsh as the assistant? jeeez - no thanks.

I lost it after Tom Baker . Agree about a woman though . Like James Bond , just ain’t right 

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

So you’re going into it with an open mind then? :biggrin:

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I lost it after Tom Baker . Agree about a woman though . Like James Bond , just ain’t right 

James Bond is still a bloke, innee?

Just now, DavidM said:

the next dr who will be a disabled, transgender, half muslim half jewish creation by the bbc 

the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black

2 minutes ago, John Drake said:

So you’re going into it with an open mind then? :biggrin:

not watched dr who for years-its same every time - boring

4 minutes ago, John Drake said:

James Bond is still a bloke, innee?

For now , i think it was one of the producers mentioning that possibility in a recent interview . Can’t see it though , although the flirting with moneypenny will be interesting 

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 1

Does it really matter that Doctor Who isn’t a bloke?

Bond as a woman wouldn’t be right to me but Doctor Who is a completely different thing. 

• Like 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

9 minutes ago, ckn said:

Bond as a woman wouldn’t be right to me but Doctor Who is a completely different thing. 

She might have a more sympathetic nature and better bedside manner 

36 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

not watched dr who for years-its same every time - boring

How do you know if you don't watch it?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ckn said:

Not to me. Maybe only to folk with very old fashioned viewpoints and who probably haven't watched it since 1972.

"Bah! It went downhill after William Hartnell!!"

Regular viewers coped with one of the major recurring villains, The Master, ending up as Missy a couple of years ago, not least because the part was played brilliantly by Michelle Gomez. If Jodie Whittaker is anything like as good in the lead role, she'll be a big hit.

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

How do you know if you don't watch it?

This is the internet; you don't have to know something to complain about it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Ahhh, Strictly. :) 

Helped, of course, by lovely Nadiya and I may develop a soft spot for Vick Hope 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 4:41 PM, John Drake said:

When does it get good?

Like you I didn't think much of it for the first few episodes and was going to stop watching, but I stuck with it, and believe me it slowly creeps up on you.  Wouldn't miss it now.